What's new

The Streak is Dead! AK|EMPR Saltface wins Injustice and Trepound wins Killer Instinct at Scraps #18!

This week at the Scraps, 14 people gathered. including Lord of The Fly, Pig of the hut, Saltface, Dream Sword, and the invaders Gweedo and Hatecraft bringing the message of the glorious hitbox...but the power of the one true stick was not enough to conquer the nonbelievers of Atlanta. Gamer "GET DOWN HERE" Blake would emotionally and loudly run through loser's bracket channeling the power of Billy Ray Cyrus and Joe Dirt through his mullet. Then Blake faced the Dream Sword in what is usually referred to as a slobber-knocker. The power of the Dream Sword's fedora would crush the Mullet Factor stealing the match in a heartbreaking timeout, one that would make Dieminion proud. The classic top 3 would be set with Saltface, Pig, and Dream Sword. The son would defeat the father in the 800th runback, and Saltface would DESTROY in grand finals.

----Top 8----
1. AK|EMPR Saltface
2. AK Dream Sword
3. AK| EMPR Pig of the Hut
4. AK|RM GamerBlake
5. AK Xenomorph
5. AK|RM Home Lee
7. AK Trepound
7. AK Lord of the Fly​

Full results for the Injustice: GAU bracket :http://ags.challonge.com/injusticescraps18

The twitch archive can be located here: http://www.twitch.tv/atlgamersociety/b/523110093

Matches will be uploaded to YouTube and added to this post later next week.

Be sure to follow AtlGamerSociety on Facebook and Twitter at the following links:

https://www.facebook.com/atlgamersociety
https://twitter.com/atlgamersociety

UPDATE BY AK/RM GAMERBLAKE:

As Test Your Might also supports any and all coverage regarding Killer Instinct, we would like to inform you of the results for the KI tourney held at the Weekly Scraps 18 alongside Injustice and Street Fighter. Unfortunately, we have no match footage to provide for the KI fanatics, only the bracket results. They can be found at:

http://ags.challonge.com/kiscraps18

A bonus payout of $25 was included in the championship winnings for this tourney.

Final Results:

1st Place: AK Trepound380 (Jago, Orchid, and Sadira)
2nd Place: AK L0rdOfTheFLY (Spinal)
3rd Place: AK/RM GamerBlake (Jago)
4th Place: AK TylerLantern (Glacius)
5th Place Tie: AK/EMPR Pig of the Hut (?) and Shadow Ace (Orchid)
7th Place Tie: HP Hatecraft (Fulgore) and KIT Gweedo (Fulgore)

Congratulations to AK Trepound for coming out on top in KI!

- post edited by AK/RM GamerBlake

footage:

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Major props to dream sword and saltface leveling up in the ZOD match and conquering it w strong conviction.

If only some other ak players who never show up but always find time to bitch follow in ur footsteps and actually level up rather than blame a character they never labbed

Dream sword and saltface played w pure perfection and patience and it was awesome losing to them

Great seeing Gweedo and nice meeting hate craft , sorry I couldn't get there till late and had to bail early.

Xeno is continually improving hardcore vs ZOD and it's also awesome too

Homelee once he gets maybe two more MUs down will win a scraps free

Fly forever second in KI :)

Congrats to tre winning KI, great stuff

The streak is over but the streak will return shortly

Ggs guys

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I will promote this post when I get back from the Scraps. If you don't mind, I will also include the final results for the Killer Instinct tourney as we do support that game along with Injustice. I think it's only fair.

And I am still spitting fire over the outcome of that match with Austin. If that trait bat had hit... :(

Whatever. Nobody will be safe from my wrath next week. Ally or enemy, I don't care...I will make you all STAY DOWN!

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Great games to everyone tonight.

I'm jn love with KI and plan to keep putting in time with it. SPINAL!!!!

Ggs Tre.

Ggs to Blake, home lee, goomba and pig in tournament. 2-2 isn't that bad I guess. Blake lost first round and still came back to out place me. Good shit bro.

I love coming out and playing you guys always a pleasure!

Maasik

Noob
Atlanta never fails to have the most awesome local recap threads lol. Good stuff to everyone, it was hype and I particularly enjoyed watching/hearing Blake popping off and feeling himself.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Forever second place. Gotta come up with a secondary to cover my holes Raven beats most everyone except a characters which spoil my fun.
Yo time outs are hype btw.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I'm serious.

I know this was only a local, but I've never seen that as an excuse not to give it my all. Not when there are goals to be fulfilled.

I'm so fucking sick of my combos dropping so goddamn much, so after I get some sleep, I'm going straight to the dojo and doing my combos again and again until I cannot drop them one time. The thought of what would have happened in that last match with Austin burns me deep.

I'm happy to have overcome the hurdle with Hawkgirl, but then, this is the only tournament win I have against Tre's two wins over me. So it's too soon to say if I really have overcome my frustrations with the bird-woman, but all in all, it's progress.

Then there's my newfound love for Killer Instinct. I can't wait to learn the game more and push my Jago far.

This level of motivation kicks ass and I'm so ready for next week to come.

P.S. Post now promoted and edited where necessary. Thanks to @AK coolcmcgee for the results and thanks to @atlgamersociety for hosting all of his tournaments for our scene.