What's new

The Stick Thread

I'm going to take another stab at learning to play this game on a stick and I'm wondering what button congifs the more experienced are using. I'm on an 8 button and right now I have 1,2,3 and 4 across the top and block, throw, tag, and stance flip across the bottom. Is there a more optimal layout I should be using?
I think this this is more of a show off your stick thread, not how to use. But I had the same question. Maybe this thread will help you.

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/need-hitbox-players-help.16216/

Can anyone recommend where to get some art drawn up? I need some art for my 'box, but there is nothing in my lil shit town... thanx in advance!

Can anyone recommend where to get some art drawn up? I need some art for my 'box, but there is nothing in my lil shit town... thanx in advance!
Just steal art off of the internet :D I'm gonna use this snagged picture and do the button insert thing like above.

Or maybe flip her right side up shrink her her and put her down in the left hand corner. Then use the symbols for button inserts like so.

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
Hey guys with the art just be carefull i work in the Graphics industry and there are a lot of lawsuits going on. I havent seen any with Sticks but i know it can happen.

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
i can though i would have to know what kinda of stick you want the art for and where you are located to give you the best possible.

CaliJokerstyle I'll check out Shoryuken... If you are interested in doing it, I just wanted faces of Reptile and CSZ, or their vs. screen pics on the left, with my name across the bottom. Maybe a MK dragon logo somewhere. Lemme know what you would want for something like that. Again, thanx for the input!

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
CaliJokerstyle I'll check out Shoryuken... If you are interested in doing it, I just wanted faces of Reptile and CSZ, or their vs. screen pics on the left, with my name across the bottom. Maybe a MK dragon logo somewhere. Lemme know what you would want for something like that. Again, thanx for the input!
My advice is to keep it simple, less is more with stick art, the buttons take up a lot of the space so just have your artist design around them.

My advice is to keep it simple, less is more with stick art, the buttons take up a lot of the space so just have your artist design around them.
Two faces and a logo seems pretty simple, theres a nice space on the left of the hitbox for it, and space on the bottom for my name... Thanx for your input man.

unless you use clear buttons, and put the art through, but keep it simple
?? i dont plan on having art near the buttons... let me specify... i'm gonna get new plexi and get rid of the hitbox logo running up the left side... plenty of room for a couple of faces and the dragon logo. In talks with a graphic designer, hope to have pics up soon

aj1701

Noob
Here's my clipboard TE stick. Made in under 1 hour (you could probably tell, the buttons don't even line up LOL).
Lol, handy storage options though! I need to get some more tools and learn to solder. Sucks just seem fun to build.

Reactions: nwo

nwo

Noob
Lol, handy storage options though! I need to get some more tools and learn to solder. Sucks just seem fun to build.
Yeah, this thing is super slim and compact. I didn't have to solder anything with the PCB that I used, the main tool you need is a drill with a holesaw bit. What's funny, I'm about 90% as good in UMK3 with this, lol.

OMG.... Two different "professional" glass shops in my town can't recreate the plexi on the Hitbox, even with the original as a template. All the websites I've found don't carry Hitbox-style plexi (just for Madcatz, etc. layouts). Besides doing it myself, anybody have any ideas? I'd appreciate the info!