What's new

General/Other - Raiden The Second Coming of Lord Raiden.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
My realm heals...but the claws of regret continue to rend through my soul.

When the visions predicting the deaths of myself and my comrades flashed before my eyes, I succumbed to an obsession over the future and was determined to alter the course of time, so that no-one would have to perish needlessly. As the Protector of Earthrealm, this role would define my existence for eternity...but not because a higher authority deemed it so. Rather, my love for its people drove me to keep alive the spark of life that burned for thousands of years.

As I survey the wounds that plague my home world, I come to realize that my actions did not entirely reflect my intentions. Although the Elder Gods had whisked Shao Kahn away to the higher realms so that he would finally face judgment for his evils, the sacrifices we had sustained along the path to victory were innumerable. Among the dead was my student...my friend...Liu Kang.

Long had I preached to Liu Kang that he must trust in the judgment of the Elder Gods. No doubt his final thoughts were that the gods had abandoned Earthrealm to the wrath of Shao Kahn, and that my visions had driven me to madness. As life ebbed away from his body, he glared at me with a scathing hatred in his eyes, and he gasped out the words that, to this day, haunt my conscience:

"You...have killed us...all."

I'd tried desperately to keep his faith strong, and instead, I had struck the blow that ended his life.

I'd left his comrades defenseless at that abandoned temple. And all of them died by the hand of the resurrected Queen Sindel...all except Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade. Now, the souls of the dead are condemned to the Netherrealm, where they answer to Quan Chi.

And yet, as my crimes stacked atop one another, my focus remained centered upon the three words spoken by my future self, words whose meaning I could not decipher until I sought out Quan Chi with an offer for an alliance against Shao Kahn and the forces of Outworld. The efforts were hindered by the horrific realization that Quan Chi had enslaved the souls of my fallen allies, and for his own amusement, he sent the majority of them to face me in Mortal Kombat. Reluctantly, I fought and emerged victorious.

"Shao Kahn's victory is nearly complete," Quan Chi mocked me as the last of my opponents fell to the ground, motionless. "Soon, he will arrive in Earthrealm."

"No!" I shouted in defiance, striding towards the sorcerer. "The Elder Gods cannot allow it!"

"The Elder Gods are toothless," my enemy scoffed. "Your world is near destruction, yet they do not act."

"They must! Only through Mortal Kombat may Shao Kahn merge the realms! Lest he face the judgment of the Elder Gods..." I paused as all the pieces clicked together in my mind. Finally, the answer to our dilemma was before me!

"Lest he face the judgment of the Elder Gods! He must win!"

With little time to waste, I hastened to Earthrealm and put my plan to action. It proved successful...but with this victory, there came a price too high to endure. A fitting contradiction to what I said to Liu Kang when he'd cradled Kitana's dead body in his arms.

Would any price be too high to save Earthrealm?

Now, as the future overtakes the past, the realms are once again threatened by an evil that seeks to consume all life. In place of Shao Kahn stands Kotal Kahn, an entity of the sun...but he uses its power to conquer and subjugate.

Although I have failed my task to protect Earthrealm, I cannot stand idly by and watch the shadows of death blanket all the worlds. Once again, I've descended from the higher realms to lead the Forces of Light into battle against this new menace...but like with the forces of evil, our defenders have taken on new faces, yet their potential is as immense as those that came before them.

I will learn from my mistakes. I must. If I am to be the Protector of Earthrealm, I must protect all life however possible...even if it requires that I give up my own.

I failed you once, Liu Kang...just as I failed our friends. But I swear, in the name of the Elder Gods, everyone lives!

- Lord Raiden

----------

And so it shall be.

Enemies of Earthrealm, tremble in fear. The God of Thunder has returned! Many have doubted his powers in the era of Mortal Kombat 9, but with the closing of that story, another begins. Faith will be reignited!

Who will now swear loyalty to the Second Coming of Lord Raiden?!

Last edited:

GGA Max

Good stuff Blake, I actually like reading fan fiction, since I don't know what the storyline will be exactly. It sparks fun ideas.

Does anyone else think Outworld may be aligned with Earthrealm in MKX? There was nothing innately anti-earthrealm about Outworld, its just that Shao Kahn wanted it. And LBSH, Earthrealm has like... 1 fighter (Cassie, maybe Sub-zero), we would need allies if there was the traditional good vs evil battle.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Good stuff Blake, I actually like reading fan fiction, since I don't know what the storyline will be exactly. It sparks fun ideas.

Does anyone else think Outworld may be aligned with Earthrealm in MKX? There was nothing innately anti-earthrealm about Outworld, its just that Shao Kahn wanted it. And LBSH, Earthrealm has like... 1 fighter (Cassie, maybe Sub-zero), we would need allies if there was the traditional good vs evil battle.
Edenia and orderrealm would probably join with earthrealm.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Is it bad that i read that in the Optimus Prime voice?
It's more than bad. It's a blasphemy against the Thunder God.

PRAY FOR MERCY!

Truthfully, I don't know if Raiden will have as many allies as he did in MK9, let alone any at all. Johnny and Sonya might harbor resentment against him for the loss of their comrades, but only the story mode in MK:X can answer that question.

And thank you, sir. I do have more fan-fiction projects planned out, as a matter of fact. I'm working on the draft for one such entry right now, but it won't be posted here. It'll be at a different site which I'll link you all to when it's time.