What's new

The sad state of UMK3, and the re-emergence of MK2

MKK hanzo

lol, why are people telling me to play Marv ft10 like I even play this game? I don't play UMK:3 and haven't played it seriously in over 10 months since MK:9 launched. I just play it at tourneys along with other MK games to SUPPORT it, nothing more.

If I were to train with the CD bros, Shock, AC, etc. every day and if we all went back into UMK:3 hardcore, I'm confident I would crush Marv with his own characters.
It was joking bro. Mad respect for you and the cd bros.

And again: to all asking for mk4. Game is fun but it is waaay more gjab based then umk3.

Mark my words.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

ded

Elder God
I tried mk2 high-level few times years ago and the game was AWESOME. haha
I will never play that choppy, repeated chaotic jumps/specials, turtle fest again, ever in my life ^_^

To all who said MK4 is better, listen to what Hanzo said and watch videos from vzla capital players - probably the best mk4 (arc) players in the world right now.

To all who said mk1 is better.... LOL. Check Tim Static's post with MK1 tier list, and ask me why i changed the tier...

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Well I guess the mentality is all. I am showing people how GJs work, how to apply them and mostly how to deal with them. I'm no expert (Hanzo destroyed me when he came here to Colombia, let's not talk about the other Colombian players LOL they weren't exposed to GJs before), I'm just saying I'm doing MY PART, sharing knowledge and keep people wanting to play. If I do a thread like this in a Colombian forum or in facebook (most people now hangs out in there) it would be like me saying just the same words phil said "this game is boring, you need a stupid broken tactic to win and I'm not bothering trying it" and guess what happens next? most of people drop the game. OR we continue to play the game like we have played it for the past... 10 years? no evolution at all.

Maybe we should always ask the game creators "hey, how your game is supposed to be played? I don't wanna play it the wrong way" LMAO

It's all about doing your part, if you love the game and you want to promote it, you won't tell people the game has become a snorefest... just saying

Reactions: ded

Noob
It's all about doing your part, if you love the game and you want to promote it, you won't tell people the game has become a snorefest... just saying
So then I should outright lie to people? What you're telling me here is that because I no longer love UMK3 the way you do, that you have a right to tell people why UMK3 is awesome and I have the right to remain silent...

People and opinions change. My view of UMK3 changed... to the point where I feel that at the highest level of play, the game is no longer fun. The idea of, as OJuggernautO stated in his thread, attacking while defending is beyond my realm of thought for a fighting game, and I, as is MY RIGHT, have chosen to stop playing UMK3 competitively, because I feel that a competitive fighting game should not contain a mechanic like that.

I support UMK3 by running it in tournaments.

I support UMK3 by telling people to try it.

I also tell people about the mechanic that they must learn in order to be competitive at it and NOT telling them that is outright lying by omission to them.

No other fighting game series has a mechanic like that... it tells you something about right way vs. wrong way, IN MY OPINION. I have a right to my opinion, and I have the right to express and defend my opinion, just as you have a right to express and defend your opinion.

Now, I am done with this conversation... if you or anyone else wish to call into question my dedication to MK or the MK Community because my OPINION of UMK3 has changed, then so be it. I will willingly step down and let others take my place.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
No, my point is not telling you to shut up. That's not what I'm saying, Phil.

My point is, wheter you want to realize/admit, you're telling people "between the lines" to drop the game. You're not being impartial. That's my point. Of course you have the right to voice your opinion, everyone has. But PLEASE don't tell me you're not making people to quit with that opinion.

Noob
No, my point is not telling you to shut up. That's not what I'm saying, Phil.

My point is, wheter you want to realize/admit, you're telling people "between the lines" to drop the game. You're not being impartial. That's my point. Of course you have the right to voice your opinion, everyone has. But PLEASE don't tell me you're not making people to quit with that opinion.
Of course I'm partial that is what having a personal opinion is about... being partial to one thing or another.

You're being partial yourself... defending UMK3 the way you are is just as partial as I am. How come it's ok for you and not for me?

ded

Elder God
So then I should outright lie to people? What you're telling me here is that because I no longer love UMK3 the way you do, that you have a right to tell people why UMK3 is awesome and I have the right to remain silent...

My view of UMK3 changed... to the point where I feel that at the highest level of play, the game is no longer fun.
The matches from Winter Brawls are not the highest level. Even the top 2 players from that tourny admit that, so... when was the last time you watched the highest level of this game?

Blast from the past, but...
I've scoured youtube and can't find anything from this UMK3 beatdown by reo/noob. Links possibly???