What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeWolfdx90

Kitana stahp it!
how do you even use assassin parry, its so slow and doesnt catch low, not even funny
Trust me it's not as slow as you think.

I mainly use it against people who like to teleport like scorpion, kung lao, ermac takeda. It also catches people who like to uppercut and grab a lot. Other than that it's not THAT great. But yeah, it should be buffed so that it can catch lows, jump ins, and certain special moves like liu kangs bicycle kick, kung lao's dive kick, kano's ball, mileena's roll etc etc...

how many times did you have to do it? Also what does the alt colour look like for it?
I'm not sure how many times I did it. But I'm sure that me paying respect a few times in the past had contributed to my count today. I was only AFK for about 10 matches but if I had to make a guess of a total amount of times you gotta pay respect Id say 50. Just gotta keep pushing I guess.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
WHY DOES SHE NEED AN IVERHEAD? LIKEWHY? SHE HAS NO LOW!
Seriously she was good in mk9 because of Okay zoning JK fan and Amazing footsies.
In this game she has okay zoning and bad footsies

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Making Kitana's F2 an overhead would be dumb af. She has no lows to compensate for it, and its hella slow so people will just react to it. The only way I can see Kitana getting a decent OH is if they made her B2 faster and MB cancelable for a launch, or if they made her F2 faster and OH. That way, she'll have a quick low and OH.

But even then, her not having a 50/50 is not even her main problems...

E

Eldriken

Making Kitana's F2 an overhead would be dumb af. She has no lows to compensate for it, and its hella slow so people will just react to it. The only way I can see Kitana getting a decent OH is if they made her B2 faster and MB cancelable for a launch, or if they made her F2 faster and OH. That way, she'll have a quick low and OH.

But even then, her not having a 50/50 is not even her main problems...
List what you think her problems are, dude. Everyone thinks that people who say Kitana has problems are stupid, downplayers, etc. Anyone who even THINKS of mentioning that they feel Kitana isn't where she should be gets put on blast and everyone dick rides that person afterwards and continues to bring it up at any opportunity.

xKhaoTik

List what you think her problems are, dude. Everyone thinks that people who say Kitana has problems are stupid, downplayers, etc. Anyone who even THINKS of mentioning that they feel Kitana isn't where she should be gets put on blast and everyone dick rides that person afterwards and continues to bring it up at any opportunity.
OK I'll be completely honest.

Kitana is...flawed. When you see what almost the entire cast can do, whether it be pressure, mixups, oki, good normals/strings, etc, then see what Kitana can do, it's pretty disappointing. Almost the entire cast can overwhelm her with pressure, a lot of characters outfootsie her, and a lot of characters can shut down her game. It pains me to say this, but I've been doing better with Cassie and D'Vorah, even tho I'm doing well with Kitana. It just feels much easier to play the game with those two.

I know she's meant to be a defensive character, but her defense isn't strong enough to deal with alot of the characters. The zoning is good, but once people start playing a ground game and just walk and duck, things get bad. Her reversals and armor are good, and set up the zoning game, but once its blocked, she gets bodied. She's almost helpless against people like Kang and Cassie once they get in, due to her lack of good pokes and strings.

But with all that being said, Kitana is and always will be my main character. Even with all the struggle, it just forced me to become an extremely defensive player, and that's how I've been doing well against a lot of people as of late. I'm not saying she's the worst character in the game, but she's definitely not a contender for the top 10, maybe even 15. I'm just gonna ride it out. If she ends up low tier, so be it. I'm still gonna enter tournaments with her and do my best.

BlazeWolfdx90

Kitana stahp it!

Kitana is...flawed. When you see what almost the entire cast can do, whether it be pressure, mixups, oki, good normals/strings, etc, then see what Kitana can do, it's pretty disappointing. Almost the entire cast can overwhelm her with pressure, a lot of characters outfootsie her, and a lot of characters can shut down her game. It pains me to say this, but I've been doing better with Cassie and D'Vorah, even tho I'm doing well with Kitana. It just feels much easier to play the game with those two.

I know she's meant to be a defensive character, but her defense isn't strong enough to deal with alot of the characters. The zoning is good, but once people start playing a ground game and just walk and duck, things get bad. Her reversals and armor are good, and set up the zoning game, but once its blocked, she gets bodied. She's almost helpless against people like Kang and Cassie once they get in, due to her lack of good pokes and strings.

But with all that being said, Kitana is and always will be my main character. Even with all the struggle, it just forced me to become an extremely defensive player, and that's how I've been doing well against a lot of people as of late. I'm not saying she's the worst character in the game, but she's definitely not a contender for the top 10, maybe even 15. I'm just gonna ride it out. If she ends up low tier, so be it. I'm still gonna enter tournaments with her and do my best.
It is very hard. And I admire your post. She if forced to play very defensive. I can't tell you how many people message me "Dude wtf! You can do combos so why are you spamming? /angeryface"

I try to tell them what zoning is, but they don't care lol. Keep training hard. Hard work never betrays.

Also, I'm well known for "up playing" my character. That should tell you something.
Speaking of opponents ducking under fans, any good suggestions to deal with that, something to make them uncomfortable at least so that they just don't sit there, especially if they have the life lead.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I play Kitana assasin and I feel like she is perfect the way she is. the only really characters I have had trouble with are Kenshi and Quan Chi. Kitana is just mostly about keeping the player off balance. she can do air fans while being barely off the ground and can many times causing a juggle. my problem is sometimes doing combos I don't intend to do on accident when I could have done a bigger one. I keep my my mic off so I don't know if people are trash talking but I never get salty messages or quitalities. YET anyway. I think a lot of it too is that people don't encounter her much online so they are interested in seeing her and her many outfits and brutalities.

xKhaoTik

Speaking of opponents ducking under fans, any good suggestions to deal with that, something to make them uncomfortable at least so that they just don't sit there, especially if they have the life lead.
Use ass. It's fast and travels a good distance, and it hits mid so it'll catch ducking opponents off guard. Don't get predictable with it tho, as it is unsafe. Dash/run throw is a good option.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Yeah run up throw is good. It's faster and harder to react to than you'd think. Run is so fast in this game it's viable to run from near full screen and attack if you've got them mentally occupied with something else.

When Kitana's zoning isn't working because the opponent refuses to jump or take risk then you should switch mentalities. The zoning should become offensive minded, you're occupying them to set up her game.

E

Eldriken

Someone luckily let me use their WBID info to unlock the Jax, Johnny Cage and Kitana skins. They're working on whatever else you can unlock with it and said I can continue to use their info. =D

BlazeWolfdx90

Kitana stahp it!
Her walk speed is great. And her dash forward is even better. Dash or walk in little bit to see what they do then back off. In a certain range they should start blocking again. Keep your eyes on them. If you see they start blocking again dash in and grab, pretty risky but it's something that has been working for me.

I also use a meter burn sharpen if they just stand there and duck. Then start dancing forward and back while slowly moving in (Again the use of her walk speed and dashes), makes them even more nervous.

F334 has a gap that can be armored.

F33*4

* I only tested with TS, and it's 10 frames, so, lotsa shit is gonna be able to blow this string up.
At the time I also didn't realize it counted as high, although I thought I had caught my friend with it unless he let go of block trying to punish with a standing attack. Anyways yes it's 0 on block with a decent amount of pushback

Rean

Noob
how do you punish attacks that leave enemy low?
erron bag slide / sub zero slide. f112 just doesnt seem to connect or be fast enough. am i just too slow?
also, how the hell do you punish blocked mileena teleport strike? i am not fast enough with anything but throw, it annoys the hell out of me.

xKhaoTik

erron bag slide / sub zero slide. f112 just doesnt seem to connect or be fast enough. am i just too slow?
also, how the hell do you punish blocked mileena teleport strike? i am not fast enough with anything but throw, it annoys the hell out of me.

BlazeWolfdx90

Kitana stahp it!
Just 111 to fan throw. After that do whatever you want. Practice punishing in training mode until you're sick of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.