What's new

The return of the Character Council Series? Cast your votes!

Would you like for the Character Councils to make a return?

• Total voters

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Good evening, TYM.

Those of you who were around during the days when Mortal Kombat 9 was the main topic of discussion may recall the Character Council series I hosted for the MK9 community. The concept stemmed from a topic where Kenshi players discussed a gathering via Twitch TV in an effort to develop knowledge behind their character. Here is the thread if you'd like to see it.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/kouncil-of-kenshi-a-conference-to-discuss-the-blind-swordsman.25230/

After the Kenshi Council concluded, I started a series where I would host gatherings for other character communities. Those included Kitana, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Freddy Krueger, etc. However, due to the poor structure I'd applied to this series...it ultimately failed before Injustice made its first sweep through the FGC.

Recently, there have been requests for the revival of the Character Councils. I said to such people that if I were to bring it back, we would need an organizational method that proves superior to my previous handling of the task. For instance, I would like a team of volunteers to help me find an effective system that will prevent these councils from failing again.

But that's a discussion I'll save for if I do amass any volunteers to assist with the task. For now, I turn to you guys to ask for your opinion on whether or not these councils should come back. I would show you a few video examples of such gatherings if you need a demonstration of how they would go...but due to Twitch's latest revisions in their policy regarding archives, the footage has been lost, so you will have to resort to public opinion. :(

Anyway, cast your votes!

Fun fact: for those wondering, the councils are not limited to one fighting game. I would be willing to do gatherings for those who play Injustice, Mortal Kombat 9, and Killer Instinct.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Make me president of MKX Sub-Zero council.

Actually make me a mod of the MKX Sub-Zero forums.

Wait why don't you make me a lead moderator on this website?

You know what, I should be an admin on TYM.

@STORMS who?

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
To be honest, I rather enjoyed the councils. I actually learned a few things listening to others discuss my characters. I'm all for listening again.

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
Would love to see this, there is a lot of questions I still have regarding MK9 and alot of misinformation regarding mus. Not to mention some material that was lost when TYM crashed never resurfaced

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
So far, 15 votes in favor of the return of the Council series. Only one has voted against it.

Keep sending them in, members. And remember to include a post with the reasoning behind your choice if you do submit a vote.