What's new

Guide The Rain Combo Thread

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
Yeah, I've been thinking recently that max damage is more sensible than bubble resets.

Quite a few characters can d3 under superkick, any move with frame 1 armour will beat the superkick in 4xxRH after blocking the 4 even if RH isn't delayed at all, Raiden can tele out of 4xxRH.

Something that may help though is cancelling RH with a back dash to bait and whiff punish some armoured moves. I'm not sure if back dash cancelling into 4,3 would catch Raidens tele though.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Also, you are aware that Rain's zoning is arguably the worst in the game right?
LOL. I know. But I obviously don't use Rain for zoning. Freddy takes care of that. I'm just experimenting with secondary characters. From my limited time using Rain, I've found that his defense is excellent. EX superkick must be the best defensive move in the game. His damage output is very good too. Nonetheless, he's not easy to win with.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
I just discovered these 2 today in the lab.

jip 4,3 lightning, dash, walkaway, geyser kick dash 43 waterbubble 32%+pressure
jip 4,3 lightning, dash, walkaway, geyser kick dash 2 RH 43 waterbubble 37%+pressure

these can end up doing more than his best combos sometimes, also somebody said I was hacking when I did these to them,
LOL

Sorry for the poor video quality, this combo is pretty repeatable

Brownie

Stay Wet <3
I just discovered these 2 today in the lab.

jip 4,3 lightning, dash, walkaway, geyser kick dash 43 waterbubble 32%+pressure
jip 4,3 lightning, dash, walkaway, geyser kick dash 2 RH 43 waterbubble 37%+pressure

these can end up doing more than his best combos sometimes, also somebody said I was hacking when I did these to them,
LOL

Sorry for the poor video quality, this combo is pretty repeatable
Nice! I like it! I'll mix these up in my game!

swag1

EX smash solves all
12f+4, 43~RHK, 43~WB, 43~Lightning, 4~Geyser Kick/4(3) Splash (damage is good, second 3 on 43 Splash is difficult to land so only if you're confident.
B2,1+2 " same thing after that.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
What combo do you guys do after X-Ray?
Just do the H2O Boost ! To get a golden Rain !

:p

Well, I know that its very difficult to win with Rain if you don't get the MAX damage from every situation, so everytime the opponent eats a SuperKick, do :bp Waterbubble, Uppercut, :bk:fk Lightning, :bk Geyser, its around 40-42% just for trying to poke out of his Superkick cancels.
Actually there is better stuff :

Sorry for the poor video quality
I did the short version in HD :

And the classic one :

I'll put some good wall combos very soon.

A-Train

Noob
12f+4, 43~RHK, 43~WB, 43~Lightning, 4~Geyser Kick/4(3) Splash (damage is good, second 3 on 43 Splash is difficult to land so only if you're confident.
B2,1+2 " same thing after that.
Yeah, I like to start that with b2,1+2 and end with 4~geyser kick for 12 hits, 37% (can't seem to hit 4,3~water splash very often, but 4,3 water blast is easier to hit and will get you 13 hits, 39%).

hey wats up guys. wondered here just to drop off some good rain stuff. i hope you guys find somethin that you like, esp. you sgt reed cuz i know you and i are just startin with rain, so have a look man. enjoy tym.

Crathen

Death is my business
just posting these , i didnt see them nowhere.
b2 1+2 dash 2 water bubble d2 dash 43 lightning superkick 4 geyser kick = 41%
Njp 2 waterbubble d2 dash 43 lightning superkick 4 geyserkick = 40%
Aa 1 dash 2 waterbubble d2 dash 43 lightning superkick 4 geyserkick = 38%
Corner b2 1+2 2 waterbubble d2 dash 43 geyserkick 43 geyserkick = 44%
Corner Njp b3 43 waterbubble d2 43 lightning 43 geyserkick = 51%

hey rain players, wondered here to drop off more good high damage meter/ meterless combos after gettn back in the lab. vid inlcudes 50% midscreen with no meter or damage boost, and a 49% corner, no meter, no damage boost. enjoy. ( btw that 49% in the corner on sonya took FOREVER due to getting that bubble to catch.

Espio

Kokomo
I haven't really tried the backwards uppercut combos with Rain unfortunately.

JIP, 1, 2, f4, 1, 2, f4, 4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, lightning, roundhouse, uppercut/Geyserkick 41%

JIP, 4, 3, lightning, roundhouse, 4, 3 bubble, 4, 3, water gun. which I believe is 40%.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
What is the "timing" to always land the 4,3~aqua splash at the end of his combo's? Specifically 4,3~bubble uppercut 4,3~lightning RH 4,3~splash

Or shoudl I simply be doing the teleport to start everything up all over again?

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
What is the "timing" to always land the 4,3~aqua splash at the end of his combo's? Specifically 4,3~bubble uppercut 4,3~lightning RH 4,3~splash

Or shoudl I simply be doing the teleport to start everything up all over again?
At the end of the bubble uppercut combo landing 4,3xxSquirt is a tiny window, you can get the same damage from (4),3xxGeyser ( ) = whiffs. Ending combos in teleport is the best option against any character that will try and zone you out.

ChrisJG

Noob
Here's a corner combo I do when I accidentally do geyser kick and it lands, you can do d1 bubble too but its a little harder and i cant really get more damage from the bubble either.

ChrisJG

Noob
you can also do 43 geyser, d1 geyser, d1 geyser, d1 geyser, d1 geyser for 41 pct and alot of salt :p

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2