What's new

Guide The Rain Combo Thread

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
what is the input for that 45% lightning combo?

jip, 43, lightning, dash, uppercut...

then what?
jip, 43, lightning, dash, uppercut, dash, 43, waterbubble, 43, AquaSmash

It also prevents wake up attacks since AquaSmash will leave em standing.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Ok, I tried it quite a bit last night and I got the uppercut part down! (XD) but how the hell do you guys dash afterwards... Rain never moves for me and when I input dash 43 ... he just stands there and does 33 instead. =/

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Ok, I tried it quite a bit last night and I got the uppercut part down! (XD) but how the hell do you guys dash afterwards... Rain never moves for me and when I input dash 43 ... he just stands there and does 33 instead. =/
Its more of muscle memory for me lol but try inputting the dash right after the uppercut. Pause for a bit until the actual dash animation takes effect,,, then continue with the 43

Leooooh

Noob
There are a lot of combos that you can end with water bubble for a reset.

I use the following:

JIP, b2, 1+2, 43, RH, 43, Lightning, Water Bubble (32%....29% without the JIP)
JIP 43, LIghtning, Uppercut, 43, Water Bubble ( 35%.... 32% without the JIP)
JIP, 12 f4, 43, RH, 43, LIghtning, Water Bubble. (34%....31% without the JIP)

Do not forget to think that after the reset a single 43 RH will grant you 6% of cheap dmg, 12% if you link a throw after the Water Bubble.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
rain corner combo b2 2+1 43 geyser 43 geyser 43 lightning 43 geyser damage is less than his uppercuts tho

ELC

Scrublord McGee
37% (40% off ji.P) standing reset
4,3xxLightning step 4,3xxRoundhouse 4,3xxAqua Splash

Anyway to make this better and/or easier to time? the 4,3xxRoundhouse in particular is annoying to time.

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
37% (40% off ji.P) standing reset
4,3xxLightning step 4,3xxRoundhouse 4,3xxAqua Splash

Anyway to make this better and/or easier to time? the 4,3xxRoundhouse in particular is annoying to time.
If you manage to land 4,3xxLightning, you should go for the Uppercut BnB

ELC

Scrublord McGee
If you manage to land 4,3xxLightning, you should go for the Uppercut BnB
After a bit more experimentation, I found you can end this combo with 4,3xxBubble for about 34 to 37% damage and bubble shenanigans. Unfortunately, the timing is insanely strict: the best advice I can give is to time the 4,3xxRoundhouse so that the 4,3 barely hit the opponent's hitbox (talking mere pixels here). Is there a better bubble reset?

A-Train

Noob
Here's a few of my favorites:

1,2,F4, dash, 2,4, lightning, roundhouse, 4,3,B4 (33% / 36% with JIP)

4,3 xx lightning, roundhouse, 4,3 xx water bubble, 4,3 xx water splash (37% / 40% with JIP - might be slightly off on the damage percentages)

4,3 xx lightning, roundhouse, 4,3 xx X-Ray, 4,3,B4 (50% / 52% with JIP)

A-Train

Noob
Whats combos are you guys doing in the corner? off of Xray? Air to Air jP?
If I just hit an X-Ray on its own, I normally follow up with 4,3,B4 like in the X-Ray combo I listed above. Good way to tack on some extra damage. I use 4,3 xx water splash if I'm worried about a wake-up attack.

A-Train

Noob
A newer X-Ray combo (to me at least) that I plan on using more frequently going forward:

4,3 xx lightning, dash, uppercut, 4,3 xx water bubble, 4,3 xx X-Ray, 4 xx geyser kick (58% / 60% with JIP)

• Note: I haven't tried 4,3 xx geyser kick at the end yet to see if that works or not.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
The combo I do the most with rain is 43~Water Bubble, d+2, dash, 43~Lightning, dash, Roundhouse, 43~Aqua Spash (47%/50%), BUT I enhance the aqua splash because I find the non ex version's crappy range misses almost all of the time unless i step in just right and I get 49%/51% for enhancing it.

(DB+3)Geyser kick combos, you know when you get lucky (or just ultra mad skill with timing) and upward kick puts them in front of you, I wonder which combo grants the best damage & lowest opponent meter gain. I usually just improvise these combos but maybe theres something better than my improvisation. I did this twice in a match before and it added up to like 50 or 60% damage.

That 2~teleport combo helped me a lot, some people usually don't see it coming and get hit with 4(Whiff) 3(hit) waterbubble on wakeup lol.

MK Kobra

Noob
The combo I do the most with rain is 43~Water Bubble, d+2, dash, 43~Lightning, dash, Roundhouse, 43~Aqua Spash (47%/50%), BUT I enhance the aqua splash because I find the non ex version's crappy range misses almost all of the time unless i step in just right and I get 49%/51% for enhancing it.

(DB+3)Geyser kick combos, you know when you get lucky (or just ultra mad skill with timing) and upward kick puts them in front of you, I wonder which combo grants the best damage & lowest opponent meter gain. I usually just improvise these combos but maybe theres something better than my improvisation. I did this twice in a match before and it added up to like 50 or 60% damage.

That 2~teleport combo helped me a lot, some people usually don't see it coming and get hit with 4(Whiff) 3(hit) waterbubble on wakeup lol.
When I land the geyser kick I do: 43 bubble, 43 lightning, RH, 43 teleport. Regular aqua splash whiffs, but I think you can add an ex aqausplash instead of the teleport.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
:bk:fk:l:bk, or :fk:bk Geyser/Lightning/Aqua Splash/Teleport

If your back is too the corner and the opponent is anywhere on screen:
:bk:fk Geyser X2, :bk:fk:l:bk - 50%+
What combo do you recommend after the superkick? I think something that ends in the bubble would be the best choice.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
What combo do you recommend after the superkick? I think something that ends in the bubble would be the best choice.
Well, I know that its very difficult to win with Rain if you don't get the MAX damage from every situation, so everytime the opponent eats a SuperKick, do :bp Waterbubble, Uppercut, :bk:fk Lightning, :bk Geyser, its around 40-42% just for trying to poke out of his Superkick cancels.

Do this same combo if you start with :bk Superkick, this will get 44%, you can always push the damage with :ex Aqua Splash, but its best to take the opponents meter with the :ex Waterbubble, and use only one bar per combo.

For anti air, do :fp Waterbubble, then Uppercut, :bk:fk Lightning, Superkick, :bk Geyser

Thats his max damage combos for those situations.

If you want a Reset with the most damage possible, then go for :bk:fk Lightning, Uppercut, :bk:fk Waterbubble, you can end with :bk:fk:l:bk, or Geysey, but if you want to reset them after the bubble, you will need at least one :bk:fk Superkick Cancel into another string to make up for the damage you lost by not finishing the combo, but you could lucky and have the opponent poke out again at the wrong time.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
If your execution is gdlk then you can use; dash uppercut dash 4,3xxlightning dash 4,3xxbubble for almost 40%
using 4xxlightning makes this easier but still beyond me to land consistently.

I use; 2 dash 2 dash 4,3xxlightning RHxxbubble for a reset after a superkick launch.

Also, you are aware that Rain's zoning is arguably the worst in the game right?