What's new

The Newest Mortal Kombat (9) Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
lol if you think 3,1 is the only thing ermac has up close u are extremely misinformed my friend.
121, B114 and if the opponent decides to dash in after he blocks it Ermac can easily do, D3 just to name some. Ermac doesnt need pressure cause he is a zoner but that doesnt mean that he cant manage upclose against many characters.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
It's interesting I've heard half kenshi players say 100% what you just said and the other half the opposite. Lord of the fly picked him up for mileena and agrees w you but TEEF would say the opposite.

I need to see you guys and other kenshi players discuss this I'm very interested.
I think it's even, possibly 5.5-4.5 Kenshi. Sais are actually pretty decent against Kenshi with good spacing. She can roll under her own reflected fireballs for a combo, and that's really fucking annoying. Even at max range she'll roll in far enough to be able to down 4 your ass.

Both characters can counter each other's shenanigans pretty effectively. If there is slight advantage, though, it probably goes to Kenshi because he's made out of armor, so at a certain point Mileena will need reads but Kenshi can beat shit on reaction just armor whoring like a boss.

I don't think Kenshi really qualifies as "anti-Mileena," but he does have an easier time than most.

SZSR

Noob
Lack of high low mixups really hurt him though. Just stand block and the best thing Smoke can do is throw. His overhead is fast but his normals are slow. 11 frames is his fastest non poke. I still think Smoke is A or A+ tier just not S tier.
Sure but 11 frames is still fine for what it's worth, he can still outclass a lot of other normals. Chip-damage can add up and so do throws. Remember if the opponent is impatient, we can usually cash in on it very quickly, most simply with :en Shake(unblockable 9%), at the best we get a full combo. Not to mention how many things we can follow up into Smoke Bomb for decent damage. (Naked Smoke bomb gets you ~29%(decent damage) but we usually have a fast normal before then.) Not to mention his corner game.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
121, B114 and if the opponent decides to dash in after he blocks it Ermac can easily do, D3 just to name some. Ermac doesnt need pressure cause he is a zoner but that doesnt mean that he cant manage upclose against many characters.
his b114 is safe yes... but it is SUPER slow... and you won't throw that out there unless you land a JiP. I'm not misinformed about him... he has no pressure strings OR mixups. His only overhead is slow as anything. Not to mention that every special is punishable at sweep range. So yeah.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
his b114 is safe yes... but it is SUPER slow... and you won't throw that out there unless you land a JiP. I'm not misinformed about him... he has no pressure strings OR mixups. His only overhead is slow as anything. Not to mention that every special is punishable at sweep range. So yeah.

I still have 121 m8... And i dont need a jp to land that. Plus against the characters you mentioned i dont need to pressure them just need to zone them nothing more. And when they get in i ll just reset the fight with a throw. Next time they get in again they will be expecting a throw so 31 lift 12 lift U4 F4 or even another throw comes in handy there.

EDIT : Plus Ermac's D3 and D4 are very good to control the close distance against your opponent. And even if you can down poke 31 i can always do 3 to lift. Risky yeah i know but thats what breakers are for.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I still have 121 m8... And i dont need a jp to land that. Plus against the characters you mentioned i dont need to pressure them just need to zone them nothing more. And when they get in i ll just reset the fight with a throw. Next time they get in again they will be expecting a throw so 31 lift 12 lift U4 F4 or even another throw comes in handy there.

EDIT : Plus Ermac's D3 and D4 are very good to control the close distance against your opponent. And even if you can down poke 31 i can always do 3 to lift. Risky yeah i know but thats what breakers are for.
you must be a mind reader... i bow to your mind reading ways.... dude. this isn't theory fighter. I'm telling you why he has those characters as bad match ups. Your ONE response to pressure is that you'll throw. Thats pretty thin considering JC will lock you down in a footsie game which you won't win, same with Sonya and Jax.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
you must be a mind reader... i bow to your mind reading ways.... dude. this isn't theory fighter. I'm telling you why he has those characters as bad match ups. Your ONE response to pressure is that you'll throw. Thats pretty thin considering JC will lock you down in a footsie game which you won't win, same with Sonya and Jax.
Who said anything about theory fighters ??? I m talking from experience. And i m telling again i dont need to pressure those characters i ll just zone them. What part of ZONE THEM you dont understand ? When they come close i ll block what they do and down poke them after their string is over. The only thing i have to be careful is when JC and Jax have bars cause of the armored moves which is why you dont throw random TKP's. Its not that difficult to win these matches you just have to be patient and careful. I hear all the time "when JC reaches his opponent its over for him bla bla bla" well its not if you know how to counter these things. If you dont have anything to say, being ironic wont get you anywhere m8. Just saying... If you wanna continue this then send me a PM.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Who said anything about theory fighters ??? I m talking from experience. And i m telling again i dont need to pressure those characters i ll just zone them. What part of ZONE THEM you dont understand ? When they come close i ll block what they do and down poke them after their string is over. The only thing i have to be careful is when JC and Jax have bars cause of the armored moves which is why you dont throw random TKP's. Its not that difficult to win these matches you just have to be patient and careful. I hear all the time "when JC reaches his opponent its over for him bla bla bla" well its not if you know how to counter these things. If you dont have anything to say, being ironic wont get you anywhere m8. Just saying... If you wanna continue this then send me a PM.
No point of discussing it with him really.They only answer to you know who

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I don't understand a few things with this list. Why is Mileena top tier? Because of ias? If thats true, then why would Liu Kang be 2 whole tiers down? I don't get the whole Smoke thing either, unless they are withholding tech nobody else knows about. Swap Sub Zero in for Ermac and I would agree with about everything else.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
RunwayMafias sindel is a toughy.

she can duck under your fans with her low projectile yell, she can outzone you, she can interrupt your square boost with a yell projectile.

kitana has bad match ups, but they aren't bad by much. she can manage
just an fyi, the best way for kitana to own sindel in this matchup is for Kitana to stay at half screen at all times vs sindel.. dont bother trying to be full screen, just stay half screen and iaf, ground fan etc sindel is fucked at this range vs Kitana. however if the sindel keeps kitana at full screen and baits teleports sindel owns her. thats why its a 5.5-4.5 or 6/4 in kits favor,.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I think it's even, possibly 5.5-4.5 Kenshi. Sais are actually pretty decent against Kenshi with good spacing. She can roll under her own reflected fireballs for a combo, and that's really fucking annoying. Even at max range she'll roll in far enough to be able to down 4 your ass.

Both characters can counter each other's shenanigans pretty effectively. If there is slight advantage, though, it probably goes to Kenshi because he's made out of armor, so at a certain point Mileena will need reads but Kenshi can beat shit on reaction just armor whoring like a boss.

I don't think Kenshi really qualifies as "anti-Mileena," but he does have an easier time than most.
This is a good explanation and u hit the nail on the head when u said armor.

Shoulder beats all d4 pressure and kenshi punishes mileena players who thInk constant tele--kicking is a great idea hard

Shoulder stops roll as well, without armor kenshi has a hard time getting mileena off of him. So really kenshi should only use meter to break her off w armored RK and shoulder

I thought scorpion would be A+ tier to me b.c. almost all of his match ups are 5-5 if im not mistaken but i can live with A but to me i thought it be A+ tier

Pig Of The Hut

I don't understand a few things with this list. Why is Mileena top tier? Because of ias? If thats true, then why would Liu Kang be 2 whole tiers down? I don't get the whole Smoke thing either, unless they are withholding tech nobody else knows about. Swap Sub Zero in for Ermac and I would agree with about everything else.
Mileena:

28% no meter AA
Controls air
Ias
4 2 string
U 4 +9 on block
D 4
37% no meter combos
When JIP connects she has 14 mix up options
Full screen throw
Tele kicks all zoners followed be beforementioned pressure
2 3 4 zero on block
Etc etc etc

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
RunwayMafias sindel is a toughy.

she can duck under your fans with her low projectile yell, she can outzone you, she can interrupt your square boost with a yell projectile.

kitana has bad match ups, but they aren't bad by much. she can manage
Alright, well thanks for clearing it up for me.

Pig Of The Hut

I thought scorpion would be A+ tier to me b.c. almost all of his match ups are 5-5 if im not mistaken but i can live with A but to me i thought it be A+ tier
Scorpion = most under used, most under valued and I think possibly s tier definitely A+ tier

Scorpion is very under used, if his name wasn't scorpion (people are tied of him as a character) he'd be the new hot shit

I'm not sure about Kano being A, I think he should be A+ tbh. He has tools to go even with or beat basically every char, bar an iafbing Kabal, who he loses to convincingly.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
its far too early to agree and take any stake in a tier list.

kabal is definetly s tier
Lol I like wat u did there.

As ermaculate was asking earlier, who represented ermac? This shouldnt be a guessing game.. I agree with jc being a problem, because as ermac you have to work extra hard and smarter than most other opponents, raiden can also be a problem for a ONE DIMENTIONAL zoner ermac, freddy is still a question in my mind, and [MENTION=27]m2dave[/MENTION] I def want to play yours, jax might be buffed now but still! The only way he can get onto ermac is to use armor with his fist punch. Ermacs hit box, maybe most other too, TOTALLY negate his ground pound mixups/shenanigans with a d4. So jax has to work to get to ermac but a good zone game stops that. Katana is an even match, and kabal is not a terrible match for ermac either. Ermacs small hitbox when mashing d3 can make nomad dash go right by, and those iagb can be countered by teleport. Noob is a better zoner than ermac. Thats it. While they both lack a spectacular close game ermac nudges the even slower noob out.
Reptile can be a problem.. But not as much offline as he can online.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
A L E X said:
Lao is still S tier...
Not any more.

Low hat is roughly -12 on block and neutral on hit when it used to be -7 on block and +10 on hit. That is a tremendous nerf as far as offense goes. The move should have either kept its advantage on hit now that it is unsafe or the move should been neutral on hit yet -7 on block. I would have liked the latter change. Instead, NRS once again proves that they listen to the masses, and not to the players who play this game competitively.

Scorpion = most under used, most under valued and I think possibly s tier definitely A+ tier

Scorpion is very under used, if his name wasn't scorpion (people are tied of him as a character) he'd be the new hot shit
okay i thought my logic was right... b.c. i main both scorpion and subzero since day one and both of mine are really good i just cant go to tourneys love too if i could but i always felt he was under valued...

always thought he was better than subzero and should be consider A+ tier

M2Dave

Zoning Master
KamikazeJD said:
Lol I like wat u did there.

As ermaculate was asking earlier, who represented ermac? This shouldnt be a guessing game.. I agree with jc being a problem, because as ermac you have to work extra hard and smarter than most other opponents, raiden can also be a problem for a ONE DIMENTIONAL zoner ermac, freddy is still a question in my mind, and [MENTION=27]m2dave[/MENTION] I def want to play yours, jax might be buffed now but still! The only way he can get onto ermac is to use armor with his fist punch. Ermacs hit box, maybe most other too, TOTALLY negate his ground pound mixups/shenanigans with a d4. So jax has to work to get to ermac but a good zone game stops that. Katana is an even match, and kabal is not a terrible match for ermac either. Ermacs small hitbox when mashing d3 can make nomad dash go right by, and those iagb can be countered by teleport. Noob is a better zoner than ermac. Thats it. While they both lack a spectacular close game ermac nudges the even slower noob out.
Reptile can be a problem.. But not as much offline as he can online.
REO, Tom, and I represented Ermac. Our problems with Ermac are simple to understand. He gets rushed down easily, especially when he fights a character who can punish TKP. He has no armor moves, so he is free to cross ups. His up close game does not make up for his weak defense. I would argue that he was never as good as people made him out to be. The community unjustifiably cried when his damage was high.

As far as match ups go, I can speak for the characters I use. Noob completely out-zones Ermac. Teleport is too slow. You have to use instant aerial teleports to punish Noob's shadow tackles, but good luck doing that on reaction when Noob is spamming them at the right distance. The Freddy match up is better for Ermac because Ermac's strings, which are bad otherwise, jail Freddy because of his large crouching hitbox. The bad news is that Freddy has the best TKP punisher in the game. All blocked TKPs lead to ground spikes. Freddy wins the distance battle very easily, but Ermac is better up close.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Why is Shang Tsung not S tier? He does need to use soul steal successfully and he wins, having that damage boost.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Why is Shang Tsung not S tier? He does need to use soul steal successfully and he wins, having that damage boost.
Obviously, the question was meant for m2dave, but, imo, the big reason is because it's hard for him to zone now because 1/2 the cast has armor and the other half has a teleport ... -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.