What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Oh forgot to mention some things.

When D4 hits, if Sai is thrown at the right time, the opponent can't neutral duck it in time. They'll take damage or they'll crouch block and take chip. Also, F1,2,B4 on hit. If you didn't cancel into Roll, you can follow up with F23 again. Most of the time you'll want to special cancel the last hit, but this is worth knowing, imo. Especially for those times where you only get the stomp to hit and lose your cancel window.

And keep in mind, that any trap that backdash beats, will work 100% in the corner.

It seems better to wait for D4 to hit, then throw sai. If you cancel D4 into the Sai they don't stagger back as far. Might affect some punishes.
Nice stuff, but f12b4 is only +14 so f2 doesn't jail; it can be armored or backdashed. B12 in piercing is +22 or so(I forget if its that or +21, I'm not home) so only in that variation are you guaranteed another b12 check and jail. And while the sai at that distance is safER, it leaves her to now get pressured, which is why for me, I don't like using it that close.

Her frame data is just wonked to compensate for her range and speed. If you're in piercing, I'd suggest just following up with a run cancel into b12 after d4 on hit since you'd do more chip and will be at advantage. I'm not trying to be nitpicky, it isn't my intention at all, but for a character that lacks the range, speed and overwhelming safeness that majority of the roster has, the fewer strings/specials you do that leave you legitimately stuck to eat pressure, the better.

Nice stuff, but f12b4 is only +14 so f2 doesn't jail; it can be armored or backdashed. B12 in piercing is +22 or so(I forget if its that or +21, I'm not home) so only in that variation are you guaranteed another b12 check and jail. And while the sai at that distance is safER, it leaves her to now get pressured, which is why for me, I don't like using it that close.

Her frame data is just wonked to compensate for her range and speed. If you're in piercing, I'd suggest just following up with a run cancel into b12 after d4 on hit since you'd do more chip and will be at advantage. I'm not trying to be nitpicky, it isn't my intention at all, but for a character that lacks the range, speed and overwhelming safeness that majority of the roster has, the fewer strings/specials you do that leave you legitimately stuck to eat pressure, the better.
If you're in Piercing, sure. But I like the Sai toss overall just so I have something to go to when I play the other two variations. Sai ends pressure, but that's fine to me, since the idea is to create space with D4 as opposed to starting offense with it. D3 is much better for that. At this range, you're not in immediate danger vs most characters. (Characters like Cassie/Jax/Tremor/Liu/Cage are the exception obviously). Mileena's AMAZING backdash actually works from that range, lol.

And lets face it, B1,2 isn't really plus with her pokes being as slow as they are.

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
Wanted to share if you guys haven't seen this. @EGP Wonder_Chef posted useful tech on shinnok match up, mileena can ball roll in between second spark timing is tight, but if mastered with spacing a nice punish. There's a video on YouTube.

Last edited:

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"

In addition @ZeroEffect video this brought to my attention of the good teleport pressure she has (I didn't see that in the video so here's the example of what I'm talking about)

Actually found this playing a kitana player and found out it's a very crazy she couldn't do ANYTHING but block between tele port and the next move I'm about to use.

After the tele port there are a variety of things you can do cause the hit advantage is 20+ so pretty much they're stuck lol my personal suggestion would be to her plus frame strings for pressure
Or her low as a mix up option. As for her overhead .. I advise you to never use it cause its too slow smh

:3

In addition @ZeroEffect video this brought to my attention of the good teleport pressure she has (I didn't see that in the video so here's the example of what I'm talking about)

Actually found this playing a kitana player and found out it's a very crazy she couldn't do ANYTHING but block between tele port and the next move I'm about to use.

After the tele port there are a variety of things you can do cause the hit advantage is 20+ so pretty much they're stuck lol my personal suggestion would be to her plus frame strings for pressure
Or her low as a mix up option. As for her overhead .. I advise you to never use it cause its too slow smh

:3
Oh yeah. That was already brought up in TakeAChance's video for his Ethereal guide, and in my Telekick Reset Setups video. (if this is the video you were talking about, it's at around 3:38). You get to force the F4/EX Roll mixup and they can't do anything but guess how to block.

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
Just found godlike tech, inspired by saltfaces ethereal anti wake up tech. Only tested on predator so far with piercing this is how it works. Video coming soon... Using a meaty plus normal ball roll blows up his wake up!!! (Well hold up that's cool bro, but if he blocks then your full combo punished on a hard read lol!) Well if you do b21 after a hard knock down with practice you can HITCONFIRM into EX ballroll. I know this is alot and its hard to explain but trust me its hype, video tonight.

Bonus::::::: lol this is risky lol but sick if you meaty f4 on hard read on predator you can go into teleport kick into pressure or ex tele for a combo, this isn't hitconfirmable. Dangerous but maybe be useful

Last edited:

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
This takes that idea of cancelling a meaty into ex or norm ball roll. In this case it's a HITCONFIRM punish hehe if pred wakes up, like I said tho timing takes getting use to but if you throw b21 fast enough to where the b2 isn't in the picture. You can ex roll on sight at least I can.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
This takes that idea of cancelling a meaty into ex or norm ball roll. In this case it's a HITCONFIRM punish hehe if pred wakes up, like I said tho timing takes getting use to but if you throw b21 fast enough to where the b2 isn't in the picture. You can ex roll on sight at least I can.
why would you test it on predator who has a slow wakeup lol. Its like if i tested stuff on takedas wakeup in sr, quan skydrop, dvorahs and then said it was anti wakeup tech.

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
I was trying it cause I was working on matchup, not claiming its this or that but was hoping are community could expand the idea. Also in the process now, thx for the feedback.... Clearly f1 is enough to do the trick on him.

Oh ya it is anti wake up tech on Predator which the post says.... Your acting like I made a miss titled thread smh.

Last edited: