What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
So after studying the Telekick setups for the video, I'm thinking we should find out everything Mileena can do on HIT with her frames.
Are there any followup attacks that will jail?
Are there guaranteed Sai throws? (Meaning the opponent can't jump over them in time)

- 2,1 and Piercing B2,1 for example. If the low hits how much advantage does she actually have?
- 1,2,3 hits and you didn't special cancel. Does she have any forced blocks? or forced reversals?

I believe that's where the next level is.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/mileena-frame-data-chart.56314/

the on hit advantage (and damn f34's DISadvantage ON HIT) numbers show how many frames you have to neutral. Some numbers seem promising, but like I was mentioning before, a lot has too much pushback where she'd need a longer startup move to have it connect, in which she no longer would be jailing them, or just not plus enough at all

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Lord have mercy...
Lol yeah, Decided to look into it a little more and it seems there is a certain window as Mileena is coming down in the Xray animation where you can evade it. Characters with a fast dash like Lao and Kitana can just forward dash to make it whiff. Bigger characters like Jax need to move slightly forward and crouch block which can lead to a full combo punish. However, this info is kinda pointless because to be honest, no one really will be doing raw Xray and even if you did, who would bother to take the risk of crouch blocking to make it whiff.

However, this info is kinda pointless because to be honest, no one really will be doing raw Xray and even if you did, who would bother to take the risk of crouch blocking to make it whiff.
It's just that your video is the clearest example of why this xray is fucked over. At least it armors though projectiles ok.

Jolt

Uprise

I was just watching this video that I saw posted on Reddit looks like I'm missing some damage on a lot of situations lol. Granted, as an online warrior I can't rely on a lot of this flashy stuff just for max damage. One thing I'm particularly interested in though: at 1:15 or so, there is an Ethereal combo where 4~EX Fade links into f3. Has this always been the case? Because I had no idea and I've tried A LOT of EX fade setups lol. Seems like a damn good way to spend a bar on a punish assuming the link isn't too hard to get reliably

EDIT: Also, how do we feel about 2 bars for 50+%? Obviously when it will kill, there's no reason not to but I feel like generally when I'm in Ravenous or Piercing I have the meter to spare anyways. Could very well be worth it if I can get some of this execution down and fight my muscle memory

Last edited:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I was just watching this video that I saw posted on Reddit looks like I'm missing some damage on a lot of situations lol. Granted, as an online warrior I can't rely on a lot of this flashy stuff just for max damage. One thing I'm particularly interested in though: at 1:15 or so, there is an Ethereal combo where 4~EX Fade links into f3. Has this always been the case? Because I had no idea and I've tried A LOT of EX fade setups lol. Seems like a damn good way to spend a bar on a punish assuming the link isn't too hard to get reliably

EDIT: Also, how do we feel about 2 bars for 50+%? Obviously when it will kill, there's no reason not to but I feel like generally when I'm in Ravenous or Piercing I have the meter to spare anyways. Could very well be worth it if I can get some of this execution down and fight my muscle memory[/QUOTE
That combo might be either 1 frame link or because Goro has bigger hitbox so F3 hits earlier. Don't ever try it in real match trust me....
About that meter spending .... it depends on situation I can't really say anything. Sometimes I try for the risky setup on knockdown by ending a combo with sweep, then F12 ex roll, 2 combos is better than one xD

Jolt

Uprise
Haha you accidentally replied within the quote :p I bet you're right on the Goro hitbox! I didn't even think about that. Would have been awesome if it was a universal thing, but now that you mention it I'm sure it's not. Tragic. I agree that 2 combos is better than one, but seeing 50% for 2 bars looks pretty nice to me if they don't have enough to breaker. You're right in that it's pretty situational and to each his own though. 2 combos IS better than one, but that EX roll mixup is still going to give them the opportunity to guess correctly in which case 2 combos is no longer better than 1

Haha you accidentally replied within the quote :p I bet you're right on the Goro hitbox! I didn't even think about that. Would have been awesome if it was a universal thing, but now that you mention it I'm sure it's not. Tragic. I agree that 2 combos is better than one, but seeing 50% for 2 bars looks pretty nice to me if they don't have enough to breaker. You're right in that it's pretty situational and to each his own though. 2 combos IS better than one, but that EX roll mixup is still going to give them the opportunity to guess correctly in which case 2 combos is no longer better than 1
It's not just Goro since he does it again on Kitana.

TheGabStandard

Some of those combos were pretty cool. As for the 2 bars for 50+%, Unless you know it will definitely kill with the opponent having not enough meter to break I don't see it being worth it when you can already get 50+ for 1 bar across all variations anyway. However, I will probably learn some of these just to be flashy :p

Jolt

Uprise
Some of those combos were pretty cool. As for the 2 bars for 50+%, Unless you know it will definitely kill with the opponent having not enough meter to break I don't see it being worth it when you can already get 50+ for 1 bar across all variations anyway. However, I will probably learn some of these just to be flashy :p
Hold up, 50+ one bar ethereal? Show me the light. I haven't been doing the uppercut corner combos, I knew they existed but by the time I saw them I was stuck in my ways. I expect to add them as an addition in the near future though.

TheGabStandard

Hold up, 50+ one bar ethereal? Show me the light. I haven't been doing the uppercut corner combos, I knew they existed but by the time I saw them I was stuck in my ways. I expect to add them as an addition in the near future though.
Well there is a 51% one bar combo in the video for Ethereal which I didn't know existed. Skip to 2.55 to see it. For me I generally do 50% for one bar in Ethereal.

F343, 2, MBU3, 2, D1, 4 xx Roll, run, D2, 4U31+2

I believe there was a slightly easier variant of a 50% in Ethereal but cannot remember who posted it or which thread. Might be @Damaja325 but cannot be certain

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
well, if we're talking just 50% u can do F343,2,U3 MB,12,4,Roll,D2,4U3,1+2

that's just flat 50% and also universal.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
Appreciate it! Don't know how I missed this, haha must have been during my traitor period :D
sure thing.

also, just did some experimenting...

F343,U3 MB,12,4,Roll,D2,4,Roll,D2 - 52% 1 bar

actually not too hard to execute. will have to try online but right now i'm finding it easier to pull off than the 50% i posted. only thing is it doesn't leave the opponent in the corner.

sure thing.

also, just did some experimenting...

F343,U3 MB,12,4,Roll,D2,4,Roll,D2 - 52% 1 bar

actually not too hard to execute. will have to try online but right now i'm finding it easier to pull off than the 50% i posted. only thing is it doesn't leave the opponent in the corner.
I really like the damage on those post-2nd-Roll combos, but I prefer to keep corner if I'm able to. That's just me though.

Just a short capture of me messing around with some frame traps on hit in Piercing.
post D4
post b1,2
post 1,2

@Akromaniac27 and I discussed D4 into sai and how effective (or ineffective) it was. So I just recorded the AI doing the Sai at different timings and different ranges while I tried to reversal out of it. Then I tried blocking the Standing Sai/Low Sai followup and punishing it if possible. It's actually safer than Akro thought. (ie: Sub Zero slide will punish Low Sai on block, but not Regular Sai. Mileena Roll doesn't punish either from that range).

The idea is to throw the sai as soon as possible after confirming the hit. That will stagger them at the max distance before they block the Sai, making punishment much harder. If done right, the window to try to armor/X-Ray through is very tight. (Sais also catch backdashes reliably. Except Mileena's because hers is GODDAMN AMAZING....)

After that, I started messing with B1,2 on hit which is supposedly +10. Another B1,2 usually doesn't reach, but F2,3 does. If done right, backdash seems to be the only reliable answer since again, Armor/X-Ray timing is very tight.

It also seems 1,2 on hit has about the same advantage as Telekick, which as we know, makes the F4/EX Roll mixup jail you. Not sure where the use is in that, but I found it interesting.

@MyronJ
@TheGabStandard
@Akromaniac27
@Damaja325
@Yoaks
@YoloRoll1stHit
any other Mileena mains who are looking into these frame trap ideas.

Last edited:
Oh forgot to mention some things.

When D4 hits, if Sai is thrown at the right time, the opponent can't neutral duck it in time. They'll take damage or they'll crouch block and take chip. Also, F1,2,B4 on hit. If you didn't cancel into Roll, you can follow up with F23 again. Most of the time you'll want to special cancel the last hit, but this is worth knowing, imo. Especially for those times where you only get the stomp to hit and lose your cancel window.

And keep in mind, that any trap that backdash beats, will work 100% in the corner.

Good stuff @ZeroEffect I used to do d4 xx Sai a lot in the early days but then I just stopped for some reason, don't know why. I will start messing around with these soon
It seems better to wait for D4 to hit, then throw sai. If you cancel D4 into the Sai they don't stagger back as far. Might affect some punishes.

Very good stuff, @ZeroEffect! Question, the b1,2; will that work with her other Variations, or only Piercing due to the increased range? I main Ravenous personally, and have just started toying more with Piercing.