What's new

The Metal Thread

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
I forgot to mention this band

This is also a magnificent song from an amazing band (this song will grow on u give it chance)

they just recently got signed to SolidState records so im pretty psyched about that

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Can't believe I haven't posted this yet.

This is sweet as fuark. Much stronger than Unite in Pain, the first new track they released. I'm content with the vocals (now), although Nick Holmes is probably always going to be my least favourite vocalist that Bloodbath have had. Still itching to get my hands on the album, though. MA BOIZ <3

The new Scar Symmetry album is stellar.

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here but I still think The Unseen Empire was their best.

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
That'd be a close second for me, but both are sex. Everything they've put out has been great except Dark Matter Dimensions.
Yeah, DMD was mediocre, but had a couple cool tracks. Scar Symmetry are awesome dudes. I've seen them twice in San Francisco, and both times they were just hanging out in front of the venue smoking with the crowd all night.

Vagrant

Noob
I'm elitist as fuck when it comes to metal, but Slipknot gets way too much hate for no reason. Although their fan-base is embarrassing.
I agree, their music is definitely respectable in metal.

The image and the fanbase are what turns alot of people on to them or off of them.

They don't really sound Nu metal to me. It sounds like thrashy/groove metal with some extra scratching/samples/percussion.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I agree, their music is definitely respectable in metal.

The image and the fanbase are what turns alot of people on to them or off of them.

They don't really sound Nu metal to me. It sounds like thrashy/groove metal with some extra scratching/samples/percussion.
Not gonna lie, I really can't get into that album. The Devil In I was pretty cool but that was it.

I agree they get way too much hate though.