What's new

The Man Who Created Unreal Tournament Reveals BlueStreak

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Honestly, Cliff Bleszinski is my gaming role model, pretty down to earth guy, revealed he is making a F2P Arena Shooter for PC, this is the brains behind Jazz, Gears of War, Unreal, and is an innovator in shooters IMO. Guy literally went from basement nerd to hollywood game developer, keep an eye out!

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/8/5880915/cliff-bleszinski-new-game-free-to-play-shooter-arena-nexon-pc

His new studio is called BossKey Productions. BossKey.com

I happy.
Hate to say, though this guy has done many great things to gaming, he also has been in full support of Anita Sarkesian's radical feminist lies, fully supported Always Online DRM for SP games, Capcom's on disc DLC nonsense, and pretty much in full support of anything and everything else that was anti-consumerist in the gaming industry, especially EA Games! I just don't support anything this guy does anymore, but I won't deny in saying he has contributed some very awesome things to gaming.

Hate to say, though this guy has done many great things to gaming, he also has been in full support of Anita Sarkesian's radical feminist lies, fully supported Always Online DRM for SP games, Capcom's on disc DLC nonsense, and pretty much in full support of anything and everything else that was anti-consumerist in the gaming industry, especially EA Games! I just don't support anything this guy does anymore, but I won't deny in saying he has contributed some very awesome things to gaming.
He supports gender equality in gaming. His wife is a gamer. And all that other crap is his opinion and he works in the industry, shit doesn't get made free, and is not always about the consumer, it's really expensive to make video games, why do you think studios shut down and everything is a sequel and the only one to make new IP's are indie?

That DLC stuff is so garbage and ignorant from people I'm not even going to touch the subject, because all you'll just get is GameStop imbeciles claiming it's not fair, it's more complex than just "Disc Locked Content".

TheSpore

He supports gender equality in gaming. His wife is a gamer. And all that other crap is his opinion and he works in the industry, shit doesn't get made free, and is not always about the consumer, it's really expensive to make video games, why do you think studios shut down and everything is a sequel and the only one to make new IP's are indie?

That DLC stuff is so garbage and ignorant from people I'm not even going to touch the subject, because all you'll just get is GameStop imbeciles claiming it's not fair, it's more complex than just "Disc Locked Content".
Wow no offense but your quite clueless on Cliffy B and the BS he supports. I'll leave at that especially since you don't even understand the DLC issue either, Its ok though buy what you want. He may support gender equality in gaming, but he supports the words of a radical feminist that has been exposed multiple times as a con-artist that doesn't even research or even play the games she is criticizing, just look up her Bayonetta review and see for yourself.

There is nothing wrong with DLC at all, but he is in support of On Disc DLC, which is content you already purchased on the disc you paid for and yet its being locked behind a pay wall. Again EA Games, need I say more seriously he is in Support of all of EA's BS practices.

TheSpore

Radical feminist lies lol. The gaming world is so sexist is shocking. I've seen a couple of Anita's videos and they're fantastic.
I'm not a sexist person, but if you look closer and analyze her work it is mostly 30 minutes of buzzwords, with no single once of actually evidence to even support the claims she makes.

Because programming takes time, no one is going to wait and start making DLC after they ship the game...DLC is generated to garner long term interest of Filthy Casuals so they keep playing and not move on and go to GameStop and buy another game.

http://jabronireport.blogspot.com/2010/08/post-in-which-i-defend-mk-dlc.html

You should read more, instead of comment sections of internet websites and from actual industry sources and developers on why they do what they do.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I'm not a sexist person, but if you look closer and analyze her work it is mostly 30 minutes of buzzwords, with no single once of actually evidence to even support the claims she makes.
Man the massive absence of female lead characters in the history of games, the oversexualization and objectification of their bodies and treating them like prizes, and constantly having them in need of saving by the male, is plenty of evidence.

And a woman speaking calmly about this and presenting her argument, and receiving loads of death threats and rape threats, is clearly indicative of a problem.

Holy fuck, this thread took no time at all to get derailed.
That's what happens when someone tries to make a post about a game, and someone decides to make it a political issue in the first response by speaking nonsense.

TheSpore

Man the massive absence of female lead characters in the history of games, the oversexualization and objectification of their bodies and treating them like prizes, and constantly having them in need of saving by the male, is plenty of evidence.

And a woman speaking calmly about this and presenting her argument, and receiving loads of death threats and rape threats, is clearly indicative of a problem.

That's what happens when someone tries to make a post about a game, and someone decides to make it a political issue in the first response by speaking nonsense.
I wasn't trying to make anything political I simply stated why I do not support Cliffy B. plain and simple.

Error

DF2+R2
I don't think TYM is ready for a debate on modern day feminazism.

Inb4 barrage of buzzwords