The Kumite 2015 Hype and Updates Thread

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Great matches.
Great showing by all players.
Stacked pools.
Competitive top 16
1200+ viewers more than SF.
Strongest way to open up 2015 for NRS games(MK9 was sick as well)

but the downfall has been the broadcast squad.
It has been horrendous.

If I'm new to the NRS scene and don't know what Roman Reign, old WWE references, a random "oh" or "oh this is gonna hurt" dick measurement contest, NW forums fighting to the death and constant D riding and bias commentary to the Illuminati, I'd be clueless on what the fuck is going on in the match because theres no play by play guy to explain detail by detail on whats going. It becomes unwatchable.

NRS is popular as hell, MKX is going to be even bigger than IGAU. I would like to see more established and qualified guys announcing the matches.

BRING THIS MAN BACK

skahwt

Noob
Great matches.
Great showing by all players.
Stacked pools.
Competitive top 16
1200+ viewers more than SF.
Strongest way to open up 2015 for NRS games(MK9 was sick as well)

but the downfall has been the broadcast squad.
It has been horrendous.

If I'm new to the NRS scene and don't know what Roman Reign, old WWE references, a random "oh" or "oh this is gonna hurt" dick measurement contest, NW forums fighting to the death and constant D riding and bias commentary to the Illuminati, I'd be clueless on what the fuck is going on in the match because theres no play by play guy to explain detail by detail on whats going. It becomes unwatchable.

NRS is popular as hell, MKX is going to be even bigger than IGAU. I would like to see more established and qualified guys announcing the matches.

BRING THIS MAN BACK

I think overall the commentary was good, but I agree it was a bit too esoteric. Using a lot of insider slang and terms is more appropriate for commentating a weekly, and not a major where a lot of the viewers have never even been on TYM.

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
Overall commentary was kinda meh. I like both Kitana Prime and DMS. My only problem with DMS (other than commentating his own match) was that he does play by play by essentially telling you which inputs the players are pressing. That gets monotonous fast.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I just hated the false fucking NW commentary.

Matches were spectacular, but saying shit like "Oh god another Nightwing" during a tournament match is just...disrespectful.

Skellington

Banned
What was so disrespectful about the WoundCowboy pop off against Max? DMS and Kitana Prime made it seem like a big deal but all Cowboy did was show something that was on his shirt. Did I miss something? What was so disrespectful about it??

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
What was so disrespectful about the WoundCowboy pop off against Max? DMS and Kitana Prime made it seem like a big deal but all Cowboy did was show something that was on his shirt. Did I miss something? What was so disrespectful about it??
What was on his shirt? I couldn't make it out.

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Is there a way I can drop the quality on the stream to get a continuous feed? It's unwatchable for me right now because of slowish internet

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
We werent calling it disrespectful, I just thought it was funny because Cowboy isnt a popoff guy.

We were just poking fun at it. Kinda like if you saw idk, lets say, Brady bust out the Bernie after a victory. It would just look funny.

"White man popoff"

Hard to explain, but Cowboy's great and we werent taking anything away from him

We werent calling it disrespectful, I just thought it was funny because Cowboy isnt a popoff guy.

We were just poking fun at it. Kinda like if you saw idk, lets say, Brady bust out the Bernie after a victory. It would just look funny.

"White man popoff"

Hard to explain, but Cowboy's great and we werent taking anything away from him
Now I have to get tom Brady to do the Bernie lmao #YEEEAAAPPP

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
You played a 7-3 (potentionally 7.5-2.5) match up against one of the nicest people in the NRS community. You should feel ashamed. Out of all the 7-3s Harley has you picked that one. Come oooooonnnnnnnn.
Dude I haven't played this game in forever. I don't even remember any of my alts. What do you expect from me?