What's new

The Kombat Tether Updates from EGX in London including character dialogue

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Our friends at The Kombat Tether have been doing their best at EGX in London to give us the latest Mortal Kombat X news. If you pay any attention to their Facebook page and you'd be a fool not to - you'd notice that they have posted a few character dialogues including Raiden vs D'Vorah and Cassie Cage vs Kano.

These are the appetizers for now as The Kombat Tether plans give us yet (coming soon!) another full impressions write-up, plus an exclusive interview with NetherRealm Studio Staff member, Derek Kirtzic. So, stay tuned for more from The Kombat Tether!

Raiden: "Step aside cretin!"
D'Vorah: The emperor suggests YOU do it!"
Raiden: "I do not heed the emperor".

We are running a little late returning from London so our impressions of Mortal Kombat X and interview with Derek Kirtzic ofNetherRealm Studios will hopefully go live for you all tomorrow. Apologies for the delay.
Kano: "Bedtime baby."
Cassie Cage: "Ha, you'll be the one taking a nap."
Kano: "*spits* COME TO ME!"
Stay tuned!

tktegx.jpg

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage

I have a feeling Kotal Kahn and D'Vorah are working together.

The jungle stage's Aztec'ish architecture plus that statute of a woman's head that resembled D'Vorah make me think that D'Vorah is Kotal's first in command and they're traveling together to have Kotal take the Outworld throne.

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli

I have a feeling Kotal Kahn and D'Vorah are working together.

The jungle stage's Aztec'ish architecture plus that statute of a woman's head that resembled D'Vorah make me think that D'Vorah is Kotal's first in command and they're traveling together to have Kotal take the Outworld throne.
Ed Boon confirmed that D'Vorah and Kotal Kahn are working together :D and he said its not a love relationship its all business lol :p

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ed Boon confirmed that D'Vorah and Kotal Kahn are working together :D and he said its not a love relationship its all business lol :p
Yeah I remember Boon confirming that, til someone betrays the other lol.

Raiden called D'Vorah cretin hahahaha. That's great.

MCPeePants

Bout it
Don't forget when D and Kotal fought each other and Kotal said something along the lines of "Which face are you fighting with today?"

I'm guessing she betrays him in the story-mode

Slymind

Noob
Don't forget when D and Kotal fought each other and Kotal said something along the lines of "Which face are you fighting with today?"

I'm guessing she betrays him in the story-mode
I think it was something like: "with which face do you see me?"

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
"Fear their powers Raiden"? Thats some awesome spooky shit right there. Now I need to know, who is THEY?

MKF30

Sub-Zero confirmed a hidey for Ermac.
A hidey? lol

Man if they make Ermac the main bad guy that would be so disappointing lol.

But I'd wager sub's referring to Kotal Kahn and perhaps someone else, or maybe Shinnok and Quan Chi? Who knows...

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
A hidey? lol

Man if they make Ermac the main bad guy that would be so disappointing lol.

But I'd wager sub's referring to Kotal Kahn and perhaps someone else, or maybe Shinnok and Quan Chi? Who knows...
Sub-Zero is referring to the powers of the souls inside him, like how Ermac says "we are many"

Sub-Zero an alternative account to Ermac confirmed.

trufenix

bye felicia
TKT seriously trolling. Is "hey guys, it'll be monday" so hard? Why FOUR tease posts? The internet has become such a shit show. Thanks, Obama.

MKF30

Sub-Zero is referring to the powers of the souls inside him, like how Ermac says "we are many"

Sub-Zero an alternative account to Ermac confirmed.
Hmm, that is a viable theory his eyes do glow(which we've never seen with Sub-Zero before outside of concept art), perhaps Sub-Zero is filled with the souls of Bi-Han and Kuai-Liang among others?

Or as you said perhaps he could be apart of Ermac some how in an alternate form. Can't wait to play storymode!

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Evil duos:

Shinnok + Quan Chi
Kotal Kahn + D'Vorah

"Their" could one of those two groups but i kind of hope it isn't. It'd be sick if some really unexpected duo starts running shit.

trufenix

bye felicia
Evil duos:

Shinnok + Quan Chi
Kotal Kahn + D'Vorah

"Their" could one of those two groups but i kind of hope it isn't. It'd be sick if some really unexpected duo starts running shit.
The dialogue thus far all references the "current" timeline 25 years post mk9. Meaning Kotal + D'VOrah have already risen and fallen and Shinnok / QC have already been defeated. Whoever "their" is is the Big Bad of 25 year later.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Evil duos:

Shinnok + Quan Chi
Kotal Kahn + D'Vorah

TUNE IN AND WATCH MORTAL KOMBAT X TO SEE SHINNOK & QUAN CHI FACE OFF AGAINST KOTAL KAHN & D'VORAH FOR THE VACATED OUTWORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. APRIL 14TH 2015, DON'T MISS IT!

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
I dont understand why people think Sub Zero is turning into a new Ermac, in the old Raiden/SubZ dialogue

SZ / Raiden (Kombat Tether)
S: ?
R: I am their protector, not you!
S: They need a better protector

why no one wondered who "Their" was before lol I think people are rioting against Raiden due to the death he caused and Sub Zero is their new protector and the challenge is how to win them back ?

MKF30

I dont understand why people think Sub Zero is turning into a new Ermac, in the old Raiden/SubZ dialogue

SZ / Raiden (Kombat Tether)
S: ?
R: I am their protector, not you!
S: They need a better protector

why no one wondered who "Their" was before lol I think people are rioting against Raiden due to the death he caused and Sub Zero is their new protector and the challenge is how to win them back ?
Hmm also a good theory lol.

trufenix

bye felicia
You know what the best part of a new NRS release is? Being dicked around day in and day out about when new information is coming. Storms is there a way that every post on the forum can just say "So and so is posting soon" when someone posts it and then finally be visible like 15 minutes later? I just want to make sure there isn't anywhere on the internet where I can't get cockpunched for trying to be a fan.

Slymind

Noob
From Twitter.

D'Vorah: "It's now time for you to do it."
Raiden: "I can protect you, D'Vorah."
D'Vorah: "Protection? It's pointless!"

Kano: "You talk too much Torr."
Ferra: You can't hear Torr!"
Kano: "Whatever."

Scorpion: "You must restore my family!"
Raiden: That ship has sailed."
Scorpion: **Inaudible**
Really nice.

Well Scorpion messed up, Raiden told him not to kill Bi Han.