What's new

Match-up Discussion The Final Kenshi MU chart (my last one/update ever)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Kenshi has no losing MUs

Tom Brady is right

Here is my FINAL end of days MU chart for kenshi

He has officially become the #1 character in the game and should be banned honestly because of how cheap he is and having ZERO losing MUs
CSz 10-0

Jade 10-0

Sub zero 10-0

Baraka 9-1

Kitana 8-2

Sonya 8-2

Cage 8-2

Ermac 8-2

Sheeva 8-2

Quan chi 8-2

Stryker 8-2

Mileena 8-2

Nightwolf 8-2

Sektor 8-2

Rain 8-2

Luis kang 8-2

BUTTON Mashing Kung Laos 8-2 /w input bug

Scorp 7-3

Jax 7-3

Sindel 7-3

Shang 7-3

Noob 6-4

Raiden 6-4

Skarlet 6-4

Cyrax 6-4

Cyblax 6-4

Reptile 6-4

Kung Lao 6-4

Smoke 6-4

Kabal 6-4

Freddy 5-5

GamerBlake90 please delete my other tier list thread - this one is final and none of my hard study and work input forth in other thread is of any value. I've seen the light

Discuss

rawool

Noob
MK wouldn't be as fun without Pig of the Hut. Honestly, one of the greatest and most valuable members of the community.
Sorry, I am drunk, but I mean it.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I can take the jokey nature that you and Tom share, but c'mon, if I can be serious for a minute.

Why is it so hard to say "I disagree for this and this reasons, good fuckin on ya sir" instead of going on the warpath? Look, we get it, you are the only Kenshi that is placing and winning but at some point like what's the point in demanding that someone else make a MU chart for the character if you disagree with them?

And this isn't a post to say like we all need to get along or some shit, just like why is it so important that Kenshi MUST lose matchups, like what is the issue with him being the very best there is or in his case tied or around the best?

Maxter

Noob
Man i got blown up on COd BO2 so bad, for playing while intoxicated, "PWI". Then i decided to see what was New here and find the same kind of crap people see everyday on these forums =/.
I see tier lists from different top players and also well known members that differ from each other every day.
players will never agree on this subject, LBSH, now tom is updating his tier list? many believe tom is doing it from a sub Zero player perspective but i don't think it's that way cause also reo is involved, I sometimes feel Pig also put cyrax on the tier list from a kenshi player view =), J/k.
Ok straight to the point, i agree and disagree with both of my friends,
First of all Pig is right Kenshi has some matchups he loses and imo and not only my op these are the followings:
Kabal 6-4 poss 7-3
Kung Lao 6-4
Eddie stoogers 6-4
Elitper 6-4: I don't have much experience on this matchup but i can see that reptile has fast approaching moves to get in and fireballs that allow him to dash in quickly, still i know Kenshi can change his patterns and play a different game instead of spamming his madness, I believe Pig on this matchup but still this matchup could be even or possible on Kenshis favor, I really need more exploration on this one, But at the moment let's believe Pig. Grrr sorry i spelled his name backwards =/. "Dont Drink and Type guys =)
Smoke 6-4: I don't even know about this one really, haven't played it or seen it before, but lets believe the kenshi experts on this one
Cyrax 6-4 Poss 5-5, I know Kenshi has to work his ass off on this one and not depend only on his zoning or it may cost him his full health =)
Skarlet is believed to be a 5-5 IMO, I've seen this matchup before and i know how the second dagger dissapear if released on time, this give scarlet a chance to get in, still Kenshi could change his game patterns.

I Don't really agree on all of this matchup chart, is a little sloppy, But i understand why Reo and Brady Put Kenshi on second.
First of all, despite Kenshi having some losing matchups guess what? Out of 30 characters and out of those 5-5 and 6-4 bad matchups Kenshi has, He obliterates the whole cast way easier than his counterpart Kabal, I Myself rather Play against Kabal with Johnny Cage, Kitana, Subzero, Sonya and all the other characters that lose to Kenshi instead of playing against him, Kenshi really impairs movement way better than Kabal due to that overhead slash, you can duck tele flurry is True but is a guessing between Ducking, or Block high while Kenshi build tons of meter as you approach him, and even when you get at Jumping Range Kenshi just has to be creative so those jumps into combos don;'t become a 50/50 situation, actually kenshi waits for the jump to anti air, or he can just execute a shoulder charge to keep opponents on block, or maybe he could get in with f3 or ? Or Just stay stationary and wait for a jump or not, only wait for any move upclose to armor these chars the fook out? Kenshi is no slouch up close either, and his safe armor moves with advantage make it too easy for him to keep doing what he loves, also Kenshi can use some sort of rush down spamming strings into shoulder charge or d3 SC, he really can fight up close and also lock down opps in the corner, there are many ways to play this character that i don't see many implementing.

LBSH. When i used to be a MK2 champ, My main char was mileena, why? cause she was the best in the game and had no losing matchups, yet she had bunch of matchups she had to struggle with, But it was only cause she didn't have bad matchups that she was the best, and her ability to impair movement and footsies, Now there were chars that could make her life hard , like Liu Kang and Kung Lao, Possibly raiden, hey this is a 12 chars game, thats a lot, but after mileena, the second best was jax cause he obliterated the rest of the cast too easy, way easier than she could do, but Jax Problem was mileena and a little bit of Lao.

LBSH Kenshi is way more destructive than Kabal against most of cast, is a fact but at least he can be counterpicked kabal doesn;t have counters. also, we based matchup on character because of losing matchups these chars have , but it shouldn't be that way people should also base batchups on characters advantages onto a majority of others, Now something i don't like about Pig is that he believes that any beef against kenshi is against him because he is the only player being successful with the character but Pig shouldn't take it that way, it is true that pig is the most competitive Kenshi to achieve all this success, but also Pig has to have in mind that he is possibly the only player using that character at the highest Level, Pig knows all the matchps way more than the other kenshies and compete more for sure.
we don't have any other Kenshies out there performing as much as Pig does, we have blackula, ashenar and pokchop, but out of these kenshies representatives Pig is the one that travel and compete more in tournaments, so saying that pig is the only one bringing this character to the top is irrelevant, I agree that pig is too good and he is good with a lot of other chars really, Blackula and the others don't go to as many tournaments or have the experience competing as Pig does, Is pig that good? or maybe is the character? who knows no one can possibly know, My advice is that anyone that has problems against Kenshi or pig's Kenshi per say should have a backup character to counter pick him since kenshi has some losing matchups.

The bottom line is that Kenshi is the most destructive character against most of the cast and this really makes him a top 2 candidate despite of losing matchups, because of his advantage and obliteration on the no blind ones.

Any comments?

Maxter

Noob
BTW pig, i definetely put kenshi on top 5 but no on top 2, Lao still occupies that spot, and people cant come to me with that BS Lao loses so many matchups, i have one of the top Lao players in my house who really knows how to fight cyrax<sektor and the other chars people believe Lao loses to =)

Maxter

Noob
ID want tom to be salty or anything, but i was watching the matchups between you and Him and tom's Lao still need some improvement, Hope he is no salty cause he doesn't have a kenshi counterpick =(, People gotta keep in mind that also losing matchups can be your opponent outplaying you caue of experience and knowledge on the matchup, not the matchup itself, This shit is getting me salty, i don;t even Know why i'm being part of this, Is it cause i'm drinking and salty cause of the blown up on BO2 =(

ID want tom to be salty or anything, but i was watching the matchups between you and Him and tom's Lao still need some improvement, Hope he is no salty cause he doesn't have a kenshi counterpick =(, People gotta keep in mind that also losing matchups can be your opponent outplaying you caue of experience and knowledge on the matchup, not the matchup itself, This shit is getting me salty, i don;t even Know why i'm being part of this, Is it cause i'm drinking and salty cause of the blown up on BO2 =(
lol calm down mad max u dont have to take this list serious at all, i seen it and laughed, some of these matchups are completely inaccurate.

you and Pig over react here. I lost ONE night to kenshi at 3 am. ONE NIGHT, after beating Kenshi the night before and over the last 12 months.I have a counter pick to Kenshi, and I have no issues with the character. Pig suggests that I am over reacting to one night, but I have always had kenshi at #2. I am 100% objective.

The FACT is that he is the second best character in the game. Just get over it Pig, so fucking what that he's #2? why is that such a big deal?

@ Pig of the hut you mu chart in the legit Kenshi mu thread you made was pretty accurate. i just did a few adjustments on my opinion.​
Heavy Advantage
Kano 9-1

Jade 9-1

Sub zero 9-1

Baraka 8-2

Kitana 8-2

Cage 8-2

Ermac 7-3

Csub 7-3

Sheeva 7-3

Quan chi 7-3

Stryker 7-3

Mileena 7-3

Nightwolf 7-3

Sektor 7-3

Rain 7-3

Luis kang 7-3

Slight Advantage

Scorp 6-4

Jax 6-4

Sonya 6-4

Sindel 6-4

Shang 6-4 (Possibly 5-5)
Dead Even
Noob 5-5

Raiden 5-5

Skarlet 5-5 (could be 4-6)

Cyrax 5-5

Cyblax 5-5

Reptile 5-5

Smoke 5-5

Freddy 5-5

Disadvantage

Kung Lao 4-6

Kabal 4-6

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I'm also inclined to call Kenshi #2.
Bring any character that isnt Kabal or KL, and you'll get fucked.
Kung Lao has harder times against more characters (and universal strategies) than Kenshi does.

I can take the jokey nature that you and Tom share, but c'mon, if I can be serious for a minute.

Why is it so hard to say "I disagree for this and this reasons, good fuckin on ya sir" instead of going on the warpath? Look, we get it, you are the only Kenshi that is placing and winning but at some point like what's the point in demanding that someone else make a MU chart for the character if you disagree with them?

And this isn't a post to say like we all need to get along or some shit, just like why is it so important that Kenshi MUST lose matchups, like what is the issue with him being the very best there is or in his case tied or around the best?

I agree, why is Pig so hell bent that Kenshi CANNOT be #2?

Look, PL is the ONLY KL that wins BIG majors. Yet ppl say "there is no doubt that KL is top "x" in the tier list". They do not say "I think KL is lower because.. look, only PL actually wins big majors with him". In fact, PL get KILLED as a "down player" when he says that he is the only KL that wins big events with KL and that KL isnt top 2-3, maybe not even top 5 but more like #6.

Why is it that the same argument that Pig uses for Kenshi does not apply to every other character? Maybe the answer is that our community is smaller still then other FG communities? If Tekken's community was as small as ours or SF's you would see only 1 version of certain characters winning. As future MK games come out and we expand, we will see less of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.