What's new

The fall of a King.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
A great King at that. BattleField BC 2. My All around favorite first person shooter. I got on it yesterday to jump back into the fun after not playing it since the realese of BF3. And I cried, shit myself and cried some more after every game I got into, only 4-5 people were in every match I got into. Not per team, in total.

BF3 is a good game, don't get me wrong,(I went 76 and 19 yesterday, best match on that game for me, and boy it was a good game. Good players on both sides) but I like BFBC2 more. All the many fun memories in that game. Never to be had again. So tell me, did you play this game and experience all its glory? If so, what are some fond memories.

I have way to many to write out, but a couple off of the top of my head are: Blowing up Humvies with anti-tank mine, thus making them to a james bond style flip 15 ft in the air. Once I sniped the pilot out of a chopper and he then ran into the other chopper on their team, killing everyone in both choppers. I laughed so hard I cired. But with this game, that happened a lot. Sniping people randomly with the Bradly, to running people over with the UAV. And everything in between.

RIP BFBC2. I miss you :(

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I'm sure BF2 is still being played actively on PC. Most FPSes don't die out on PC; unless they're really horrendous horse shit. Which BF2 most certainly was not.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I'm sure BF2 is still being played actively on PC. Most FPSes don't die out on PC; unless they're really horrendous horse shit. Which BF2 most certainly was not.
Im looking to upgrade my comp soon, and start playing PC games, and comming to Sexbox for MK and exclusives only. I have such a chubby for Diablo 3.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Call of Duty 4, still the best FPS ever made. Yeah i know its mainstream but the gold AK-47 was more badass than any weapon in any game of the generation.

Battlefield 3 got kinda boring....quick. With Call of Duty, the series im more accustomed to, every game was different. Same guidelines sure, but different playstyles, different guns, different teammates. With Battlefield....i dunno, it feels the same every time. Theres some one place where alot of fighting occurs, and everyone just holes up around there and picks off the idiots who get too antsy and try to push forward. COD with its small team sizes meant you could flank and surround enemies quite effectively and often, and usually by yourself. But Battlefield...there were dudes around every nook and cranny and no matter where you went, some asshole was perched in a advantageous position waiting for that one guy to push.

Im an aggressive guy. I play aggressive in all of my games. Mortal Kombat, FPS, strategy games, real time or otherwise, hell even chess i play aggressively, trading pawns for pawns to try to bait the opponent into something stupid. Fact of the matter is Battlefield is much more defensive based and i didnt like it at all.

But i feel your pain. Cod 4 gets absolutely no traffic nowadays. That i least remember anyways, my disc got hacked and i cant play online anymore. That disc lasted me 3 years and one german asshole kid ruined it for me. I've been thinking of getting in for PC but i dont want to waste money on an old game if the servers are going to be hacked like they were on the PSN.

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
I like BF3 simply because I love looking at it in Max settings.
Everything else is ok. It doesn't help that I suck at that game as well.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
SunnyD

I legitimately hate CoD. I am a Halo guy, CoD is so... easy. I'm glad you like it though, Halo needs the competition to keep strong.
Coid can be easy if you're pub stomping....if you play the competitive game modes like demolition or SnD, it can get really fun Nothing gets my heart pumping like hearing"Your the last one left, complete the mission!", and knowing that the hopes of the entire team are riding on your back. Its... exhilarating to say the least.

Maxter

Noob
My fav shooter ever, i still played it not long ago, and it was nostalgic =/ but unistalled it again =(, i was playing that game for like 3 straight years since it came out, i believe it was 2005, i still remember those nice killing streaks at strike at karkand, no vehicles, no airstrikes, bf2 is still a good game tho, but is not worthy going back to it, bf3 replaced it, i haven't played it yet, i'm waiting to upgrade my system to get into it, i want to run that shit at 120 fps

Enenra

Go to hell.
Coid can be easy if you're pub stomping....if you play the competitive game modes like demolition or SnD, it can get really fun Nothing gets my heart pumping like hearing"Your the last one left, complete the mission!", and knowing that the hopes of the entire team are riding on your back. Its... exhilarating to say the least.
I can only bear to play SnD. Otherwise I sigh and leave.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I miss Halo 3.

Now THAT was a good FPS
Halo 3 blew big ass donkey chunks... Halo CE is where it was at!

To the OP:

Battlefield 2 was a pretty enjoyable game, but I prefer the Gears of War series for my shooter until 3 made me unable to play ranked without map packs. =/

I'm actually looking forward to Ghost Recon Future Soldier. I really like the beta of it.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
While i never played a single fps seriously, i did play some cod and halo, and i was above average at best. I always liked halo the best tho, it just felt like the power weapon strategy and control were more suited to me than cods twitch and shoot gameplay. to each his own tho.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I feel like the hardest part about COD is that your reactions have to be good, and as MK players, no one else reall stands a chance. The thing I liked about bf2 was that you had to play smart, have good reactions, and have a teammate or two you can rely on. In COD, I could, and still can just go around stomping people into the dirt. The only thing that made me kepp playing COD, and the reason I will probably always play it even though its a salt despencer most of the time, is that it is very fast paced, but not so strategy orientated to where you have to use your bran. 90% of the time in that game, the winner is the person who has better ground, or saw you first. In BF, you have a chance to outsmart your enemy a lot of the time. IMO the worst thing about COD, especially resently, is the maps. In the last2 and maybe even 3 games, majority of the maps just screwed the match entirly.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts

Yea, im the black kid.
I'm probably the biggest fanatic and best battlefield player(not to be cocky) on these forums.

Over 1000 hrs logged in in 6 months. Addiction.
Very cool man. I've been playing FPS's ever since I can remember, so Im probably up there too. I have always been at the top of my team. I played COD 4 and MW2 mlg for a very short amount of time, up until I just figured that COD games just arent ment for high level gameplay. It just dosnt work. But we did end up beating the top teams in COD, fun, but not satisfying.

Also, epic fail here on my part, but I was actually talking about BFBC2. I got the names all wack. But BF2 was amazing as well. Congrats on the tourny thing. Did your team win? What you use the money on lol?

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
My fav shooter ever, i still played it not long ago, and it was nostalgic =/ but unistalled it again =(, i was playing that game for like 3 straight years since it came out, i believe it was 2005, i still remember those nice killing streaks at strike at karkand, no vehicles, no airstrikes, bf2 is still a good game tho, but is not worthy going back to it, bf3 replaced it, i haven't played it yet, i'm waiting to upgrade my system to get into it, i want to run that shit at 120 fps
BF3 is good. I just liked BFBC2 more. I still play BF3 frequently. But on console. I still need to upgrade my comp.

Maxter

Noob
BF3 is good. I just liked BFBC2 more. I still play BF3 frequently. But on console. I still need to upgrade my comp.
game is way more fun on pc, xobx is very limited for the lack of memory, 24 players on such big maps is the biggest issue plus less vehicles, less action etc, when you upgrade your pc you will find the game way more fun

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
game is way more fun on pc, xobx is very limited for the lack of memory, 24 players on such big maps is the biggest issue plus less vehicles, less action etc, when you upgrade your pc you will find the game way more fun
I hope. Im going to be playing Diablo 3 as well, then get into more and more PC games. Like I said, I will try to only come to console for console exclusives.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Very cool man. I've been playing FPS's ever since I can remember, so Im probably up there too. I have always been at the top of my team. I played COD 4 and MW2 mlg for a very short amount of time, up until I just figured that COD games just arent ment for high level gameplay. It just dosnt work. But we did end up beating the top teams in COD, fun, but not satisfying.

Also, epic fail here on my part, but I was actually talking about BFBC2. I got the names all wack. But BF2 was amazing as well. Congrats on the tourny thing. Did your team win? What you use the money on lol?
what was the name of your team?

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
Golden eye 007 will always be my favorite shooter, don't get me wrong, stomping people to the ground, getting chopper gunners, and ac130's in COD is amazing, and battlefields is an great game too, but nothing is more fun then getting four of your best friends together and playing golden eye

RIP N64 <3

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Golden eye 007 will always be my favorite shooter
I loved it as a kid but dude...it did not age well. I remember my friend just pulling it out one day, hooked it up to his 50 inch plasma...I seriously become nauseated trying to play it. I wish they'd remake it though.