What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

except the ninjas actually have different moves
shotos also have unique specials, and while their normals have a lot of similar animations, they have different uses. but i agree, with the beginning of 3d era nrs took effort to give ninjas various unique strings, etc. for a casual viewer they will look way more different than ken and ryu.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
shotos also have unique specials, and while their normals have a lot of similar animations, they have different uses. but i agree, with the beginning of 3d era nrs took effort to give ninjas various unique strings, etc. for a casual viewer they will look way more different than ken and ryu.
they have some unique moves yes, but all shotos have tatsu, dragon punch, and fireball as their main three specials

They're hardly even Ninjas at this point. All of them are their own unique characters. The only similarity at this point is that they all wear masks, that's it
So then why not give them a look that people don't associate with them not being a ninja, if that's the case.

NRS is going to put the popular characters in the game. People need to deal with it. Everyone begging for fucking Dairou and shit characters like Hsu Hao or whatever need to realize no one gives a shit about them. Sad but true.
That's sort of a contradictive statement there. And how do you know they are not popular with fans? If anything NRS never really gave those characters a chance to be popular, since they were introduced so late in the series and were never heard from again.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
and people asking for Reiko...wtf. that guy is so default looking. Looks like a 12 year old made him in Armaggedon
And even Reiko is worlds better than some of the characters people want. To each their own....but the new characters after MK4 all sucked (except Kenshi).

It's Ermac. The song from Big was Heart and Soul right? Ermac is made of souls. And Bernie Mac= Ermac Be In like someone said before. I'm happy. He was one of my favorites from MK9. Now where's Mileena?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
So then why not give them a look that people don't associate with them not being a ninja, if that's the case.

That's sort of a contradictive statement there. And how do you know they are not popular with fans? If anything NRS never really gave those characters a chance to be popular, since they were introduced so late in the series and were never heard from again.
Please direct me to the Dairou and Kobra fanpages.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
So it's obvious Ermac is going to be in MKX, so I hope NRS reveals the guy with the Baff tomorrow instead.

Like I said, NRS/Midway never really gave them a chance to be popular, since they had such little limelight in the series compared to other characters, like the ninjas. Is this how you're gauging popularity?

I don't know of any fan pages but are you saying if there isn't any one fan page for a character, people don't like them? However I did look up Dairou on Devaint Art, and there are quite a few drawings of him if you look through the results. So that must mean some people must like him at least.
http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=dairou&offset=0

there is not characters that i would like to return more than kobra. but i agrre with you he is not a big characters when it comes to fans... but there is fans for every character in the mk games there is just more for some than others

Like I said, NRS/Midway never really gave them a chance to be popular, since they had such little limelight in the series compared to other characters, like the ninjas. Is this how you're gauging popularity?

I don't know of any fan pages but are you saying if there isn't any one fan page for a character, people don't like them? However I did look up Dairou on Devaint Art, and there are quite a few drawings of him if you look through the results. So that must mean some people must like him at least.
http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=dairou&offset=0
http://fav.me/d1716yn

:eek:

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
there is not characters that i would like to return more than kobra. but i agrre with you he is not a big characters when it comes to fans... but there is fans for every character in the mk games there is just more for some than others
Kobra was like a douchbag Ken. I can see some appeal there.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
guys... my name backwards spells.........
I remember speaking with Youphemism about your name when I first joined TYM. I was like:
Is it REDRUM?
Or MURDER?
Or RE DRUM?
Or RED RUM?

I always liked your name but never had the oppertunity to ask you about it. Where did it come from? Why that name? Have you had it for a while?

Yes, you have a fan. Simply because of your name. It's cool. :)

Kobra was like a douchbag Ken. I can see some appeal there.
yea he resemble ken but not everybody is fan of a character because of their story. i personaly like characters because of the way they look and their unique move set... i want second custom kobra with better graphics