What's new

Strategy The Cyrax Combo Thread

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
a Commando grab set ups. I use all of cyrax combos. Did you notice how some people duck after a commando grab??? Welll, in this video it will show you what to do if it happens to you.
Thanks for posting these in the appropriate place. If you are having issues with people crouching after a command grab, hold up an forward while you are hitting them and you will jump as soon as possible. all they will be able to do is block. Even if the can some how crouch, jump in punches hit overhead so you get a full combo.
Also, people say that you can jump out if his command grab loop but that is 100 percent false.

@RockingLobster Yeah, I am new so I didnt know where to put my videos. For some reason whenever I go for a commando grab my opponent blocks low and sometimes I miss...so I started doing F1 B4 but honestly its trick I created.

New Xray set ups I honestly try to bring you guys the best by watching people like Toni,Tylerlantern,Maxter,CDJR,REO,Seapeople,HoodFresh,pig, they motivate me to make more and more videos. Also I found a glitch with Shang/Cyrax I call it {The Phantom Bomb} its not even real I was working on the combo for hours until I got it. Lol Toni T this is for you bro! Ill post it later on Cyrax complex combos part 5.

I guess ill post this last video on this form.. Im not getting the good feedback that I was hoping for. Anyways if your Interested in what im going to show you I think yall Cyrax/Shange players might like.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Can someone please post a combo thread with them all listed out and updated? Coming to this thread hurts my brain and I leave it feeling very dissatisfied lol. Opening the thread and seeing 800 combo videos from 2011 forces me to close the window.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Can someone please post a combo thread with them all listed out and updated? Coming to this thread hurts my brain and I leave it feeling very dissatisfied lol. Opening the thread and seeing 800 combo videos from 2011 forces me to close the window.
The community guide sticky has most of the bnbs posted, and TonyT's video thread has a series of bnbs based on how much meter your opponent has.

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
So I was working a bit with Cyrax, and now thinking back on some previous matchs I've had, I always thought there was a reset with an uppercut. But from practice, I'm starting to realize you can only reset with a far bomb and a close bomb, not a medium bomb and a close bomb.

This is what I was doing:

jip, 21 net, 21 exbomb, medium bomb, uppercut, close bomb, net

However, close bomb never comes out. Should I just replace it with:

jip, 21 net, 21 exbomb, far bomb, 1 2 3, close bomb, net

Is there no uppercut midscreen resets?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
So I was working a bit with Cyrax, and now thinking back on some previous matchs I've had, I always thought there was a reset with an uppercut. But from practice, I'm starting to realize you can only reset with a far bomb and a close bomb, not a medium bomb and a close bomb.

This is what I was doing:

jip, 21 net, 21 exbomb, medium bomb, uppercut, close bomb, net

However, close bomb never comes out. Should I just replace it with:

jip, 21 net, 21 exbomb, far bomb, 1 2 3, close bomb, net

Is there no uppercut midscreen resets?
i think the combo you might mean is 21~net,21~ex bomb,mid bomb,d2,b2,121~airgrab?
that one isnt a reset though, im sure if you look through TONY-T video thread you'll find some resets with uppercuts in there,know theres a few corner ones anyway with d2s in the middle

also with the other combo u listed with the 123 in it,theres another combo with 123 that does better damage.
21~net,21~ex bomb,mid bomb,123~close bomb,net,NJP then do whatever NJP combo youd like.
i just normally do NJP,b2,21~net and then tele to crossover jip for another mixup

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
also with the other combo u listed with the 123 in it,theres another combo with 123 that does better damage.
21~net,21~ex bomb,mid bomb,123~close bomb,net,NJP then do whatever NJP combo youd like.
i just normally do NJP,b2,21~net and then tele to crossover jip for another mixup
So it's mid bomb and not far bomb? I never get the close bomb to come out. It's always an empty chest...

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
So it's mid bomb and not far bomb? I never get the close bomb to come out. It's always an empty chest...
hmm i dont know what to tell ya man,
ive never seen a empty chest with the mid bomb in that combo,
off 123~close bomb ive seen the bomb not come out if you hit the 123 too low but never on a mid bomb in combo

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
hey, can someone tell me what cyrax's best options in the corner are? as far as Combos/resets/ setsups go?

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
hey, can someone tell me what cyrax's best options in the corner are? as far as Combos/resets/ setsups go?
Meterless reset. 21~net, Jip b2, close bomb, d1~net, njp, b2, 21, 121~closebomb/saw/ragdoll.

1 Bar 21~net, jip 21~exb, b2, close bomb, 33~net, njp ender from above.

Then there is the bomb trap set ups. after a splat in the corner do a close bomb. If you think they will wake up block it and punish, or if you think they will get up and block do 22. I usually get the splat by doing a wake up rag doll while my back is to the corner and comboing into d1~net, then I just do a b2 which splats, although it doesn't give the same advantage as a NJP splat.

also about half of his moves will otg after 212 in the corner.

Axel_Redd

wait why would i do ragdoll in the corner? won't that knock them out of the corner? or is it still possible to do the throw at the end of ragdoll?

also, vs some wake ups, cant u just 3~tele just as their waking up and get a free punish?

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
wait why would i do ragdoll in the corner? won't that knock them out of the corner? or is it still possible to do the throw at the end of ragdoll?

also, vs some wake ups, cant u just 3~tele just as their waking up and get a free punish?
Yeah don't do ragdoll It is just an option as an ender. Maybe if you are fighting some one who you don't even want to be anywhere near the corner against.

I am not sure about the 3~tele, but I bet it would work well against raidens superman and Kitanas cutter, but I would try to use teleport as absolutely little as possible.

Meterless reset. 21~net, Jip b2, close bomb, d1~net, njp, b2, 21, 121~closebomb/saw/ragdoll.

1 Bar 21~net, jip 21~exb, b2, close bomb, 33~net, njp ender from above.

Then there is the bomb trap set ups. after a splat in the corner do a close bomb. If you think they will wake up block it and punish, or if you think they will get up and block do 22. I usually get the splat by doing a wake up rag doll while my back is to the corner and comboing into d1~net, then I just do a b2 which splats, although it doesn't give the same advantage as a NJP splat.

also about half of his moves will otg after 212 in the corner.

Could you tell me what a jip is?

Exb = exbomb?

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Axel_Redd

I do 21~net, 123~EX bomb, close bomb, 2~net, NJP, b2, 21, 121~buzzsaw.
interesting, i'll have to try that one for myself, but u should add jumpin punches to that combo.

its just theres one combo in the corner in particular i remember seeing someone do, it involved ragdoll kick right back into the corner into a bomb to continue the combo.

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
interesting, i'll have to try that one for myself, but u should add jumpin punches to that combo.

its just theres one combo in the corner in particular i remember seeing someone do, it involved ragdoll kick right back into the corner into a bomb to continue the combo.
I personally do JIPs when I do it, I just didn't add them in there. I figure if people wanted them they know to do them, same thing with the meter building.

JIP21~net, air grab, crossover JIP123~EX bomb, close bomb, 2~net, NJP, b2, 21, 121~buzzsaw.