What's new

Strategy The Cyrax Combo Thread

Seapeople

This one's for you
New reset using 121~net in the corner. I'm not sure if it's escapable though since the net dissolves so early.
It's not very practical either but I figured it was cool enough to post.

Some of tony-t combo vids got lost. There was this video that had some awesome cyblax corner combos.
I think it was jip 21net teleport jip 121 ex bomb close bomb 111 jbp 33 net 47% ends with reset
Help me max out the corner with cyblax

NariTuba

disMember
Some of tony-t combo vids got lost. There was this video that had some awesome cyblax corner combos.
I think it was jip 21net teleport jip 121 ex bomb close bomb 111 jbp 33 net 47% ends with reset
Help me max out the corner with cyblax
jps,2,1~net, jps,1,2,1~Exb, cb, 3~net, bb~blk, njp, d2, 1,2,1~net, b2, 3,3~saw

Not the absolut max damage but more practical (to me at least). Should be 80+%

Seapeople

This one's for you
Somehow I've been landing the meterless reset pretty consistently in practice mode tonight. Do any of you think it's worth trying to do in an actual match? 24% extra damage is pretty awesome.

Edit: Possibly a good discovery unrelated to the first part of this post.
With the 121 corner reset I found, you can actually use 1~net instead of d1~net for the reset! That makes this combo a whole lot more practical since there isn't any negative edge issue.

However, the net disappears very quickly during the reset. It looks like the opponent doesn't have enough time to escape by jumping but it might be possible to use armor. Maybe TONY-T can confirm.
Even if they can armor out this could be situationally useful. It's adding an extra 23% damage which is pretty swell for 1 bar.

Btw are there any midscreen 2nd net vortex combos that leave your opponent close enough for a guaranteed command grab?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Somehow I've been landing the meterless reset pretty consistently in practice mode tonight. Do any of you think it's worth trying to do in an actual match? 24% extra damage is pretty awesome.

With the 121 corner reset I found, you can actually use 1~net instead of d1~net for the reset! That makes this combo a whole lot more practical since there isn't any negative edge issue.

However, the net disappears very quickly during the reset. It looks like the opponent doesn't have enough time to escape by jumping but it might be possible to use armor. Maybe TONY-T can confirm.
Even if they can armor out this could be situationally useful. It's adding an extra 23% damage which is pretty swell for 1 bar.

Btw are there any midscreen 2nd net vortex combos that leave your opponent close enough for a guaranteed command grab?
Wow! first can you make a vid of you doing the corner reset with 1~net? Curious to see how your doing it, also wich character are you doing it on?

All of Cyraxs resets except the B+2 reset can be escaped. Yep, all net resets can be escaped with EX attacks, but only ceratin characters can do it. Its also very risky for them to try and escape, more often then not they will get reset as the timing is very tricky! The meterless resets seem to be the easiest to escape due to the net releasing them a tiny bit earlier before the bomb goes off. But again its not easy to do.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Wow! first can you make a vid of you doing the corner reset with 1~net? Curious to see how your doing it, also wich character are you doing it on?

All of Cyraxs resets except the B+2 reset can be escaped. Yep, all net resets can be escaped with EX attacks, but only ceratin characters can do it. Its also very risky for them to try and escape, more often then not they will get reset as the timing is very tricky! The meterless resets seem to be the easiest to escape due to the net releasing them a tiny bit earlier before the bomb goes off. But again its not easy to do.
Wow that's really interesting. I'll have a video uploaded in a couple minutes

NariTuba

disMember
Its worth it, my friend does it to me consistently

Im not sure if I understand you correctly, but you are talking about doing 63% with one bar in the corner? you can do a LOT more than that for one bar. Youre talking about the reset you posted a few posts back on this same page right?

According to Somberness the most advantage you can get from a 2nd net is +11 so if they try to d1 out of it the command grab will get them depending on their hitbox size. In order to take full advantage of the +11 you need to drop them close tho. There are several vortex combos by Tony-T in the Community Guide, Combos section along with full descriptions on the drop distances for each one.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Here's a video of the reset. You have to take a slight step back or else you'll get a long-lasting 2nd net that won't reset. Reptile is set to jump.

Im not sure if I understand you correctly, but you are talking about doing 63% with one bar in the corner? you can do a LOT more than that for one bar. Youre talking about the reset you posted a few posts back on this same page right?
That is the one I'm talking about. I know you could get way more by just using 12~net, but this is mainly for those times when you don't hit confirm it in time.

According to Somberness the most advantage you can get from a 2nd net is +11 so if they try to d1 out of it the command grab will get them depending on their hitbox size. In order to take full advantage of the +11 you need to drop them close tho. There are several vortex combos by Tony-T in the Community Guide, Combos section along with full descriptions on the drop distances for each one.
Thanks. I noticed that after doing a corner combo into the 2nd net, I have time to command grab before they can jump or duck to escape it. If they can't jump or duck in that situation, shouldn't that mean they also won't have time to poke?

TONY-T

Mad scientist

i think ive mistaken your corner reset for the meterless corner reset lol, sorry. you dont have to make a vid :p

Edit: to late lol

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Here's a video of the reset. You have to take a slight step back or else you'll get a long-lasting 2nd net that won't reset. Reptile is set to jump.

Thats a pretty cool reset, but there is more easier damaging options imo..

Corner meterless reset easy version does 68%, hard version does 72%

Corner reset 1 bar easy version does 84% and hard version does like 88%

NariTuba

disMember
I noticed that after doing a corner combo into the 2nd net, I have time to command grab before they can jump or duck to escape it. If they can't jump or duck in that situation, shouldn't that mean they also won't have time to poke?
Yes it should. You set the dummy to jump, you finish with 2net and he doesnt get off the ground before you grab them? Ill have to test that, whats the combo?

Seapeople

This one's for you
Yes it should. You set the dummy to jump, you finish with 2net and he doesnt get off the ground before you grab them? Ill have to test that, whats the combo?
In all three of these they weren't able to get off the ground or duck before the command grab.

jip 121~net, b2, 2, 121~net
jip 21 net, njp, njp, b2, 2, 121~net
bomb, njp, b2, 2, 121~net, 33~net

TONY-T

Mad scientist
i just managed to get yours up to 74% , but i slightly modified the begining and did a different post reset combo. It can go as high as 78% but i think thats the limit. can make a vid of it if you like..

The combo is...

uf+2, 1,2,1~net, 3~EXbomb, 3~net, (reset) njp, d+2, 1,2,1~net, b+2, 3,3~ragdoll+throw... 74%

Seapeople

This one's for you
i just managed to get yours up to 74% , but i slightly modified the begining and did a different post reset combo. It can go as high as 78% but i think thats the limit. can make a vid of it if you like..

The combo is...

uf+2, 1,2,1~net, 3~EXbomb, 3~net, (reset) njp, d+2, 1,2,1~net, b+2, 3,3~ragdoll+throw... 74%
Yeah feel free to make a video if you'd like. Good stuff man.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Yeah feel free to make a video if you'd like. Good stuff man.
got an extra 1% lol . its now up to 75% for easy version and 79% for hard version. Thats actually pretty good damage! i think if you ever catch your opponent with a 121~net in the corner , then this combo would be very usefull. nice find bro :)

Hello, can anyone direct me to Cyrax's maximum damage meterless midscreen combo and his maximum damage 1 bar midscreen combo?

I think I have the anti-air combo covered by the thread with the NJP combo, and thanks in advanced.

NariTuba

disMember
Hello, can anyone direct me to Cyrax's maximum damage meterless midscreen combo and his maximum damage 1 bar midscreen combo?
meterless should be something like:
jps,2,1~net, jps,b2, djk,1,2,1~AAt (in the mid to high 30s)

1 bar should be something like:
jps,2,1~net, jps,2,1~Exb, b2, fb, ff~1,2,1~cb, net (reset), b2, d2, 3,3~net, djk, d2 (90%)

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
hey guys wot u think of this set up 21 net 21 close bomb 33 mid bomb d2 b2 121 regdoll throw its gimmicky but people usually expect high damage once they're caught in a net ,, it does 47% meterless

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
hey guys wot u think of this set up 21 net 21 close bomb 33 mid bomb d2 b2 121 regdoll throw its gimmicky but people usually expect high damage once they're caught in a net ,, it does 47% meterless
68%

14 from jip net 21 and another 7% from the exploding bomb, it resets somehow

good find man

Pikachu

I Pikachu while you shower.
I know its late but the anti air combo i use is. AAnet, NJP, ex-bomb, midbomb, 121, close bomb,net, (reset) njp b2, into whatever setup i feel like.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
meterless should be something like:
jps,2,1~net, jps,b2, djk,1,2,1~AAt (in the mid to high 30s)

1 bar should be something like:
jps,2,1~net, jps,2,1~Exb, b2, fb, ff~1,2,1~cb, net (reset), b2, d2, 3,3~net, djk, d2 (90%)

I need to practice this highlighted part alot. Do you feel like this is a difficult combo to pull off or can you get it most of the time?