The Crazy 88's Primary Thread

Discussion in 'Clan & Team Discussion' started by Darkhood88, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Joker8417

Joker8417 Salt Proprietor of TYM

PSN:
    Joker8417
    When? I never heard about it. I thought that the American version of the game was the patched version. Also I'm down, but for MK I'm putting that on hold for a while simply to try and get my tekken game in line. I played a little last night, it was blatantly obvious how rusty I am atm.
  2. AK RM Blake

AK RM Blake Protector of Earthrealm Staff Member Premium Supporter

3. GuamoKun

GuamoKun There's A Light That Never Goes Out Staff Member

B W1zz already PMed me it, but I thank you Blake for the heads up.
    GamerBlake90 likes this.
  4. Blind_Ducky

Blind_Ducky Emo Haired Cum Dumpster

<3
  5. WoundCowboy

WoundCowboy The Bill Collector

The OP needs to be updated Darkhood88 We need raise our activity on this site.
  6. AK RM Blake

Darkhood has not been very active as of late, if at all. I will take care of this, Cowboy. In the meantime, whatever updates you or any other 88's see at MKU, please bring them to here.
  7. GuamoKun

any idea when the whole Kitana vs Sonya thing will happen? Not an exact day but a timeframe perhaps?

I feel like this will become an 88 heavy thing since a lot of us are already participating.
  8. AK RM Blake

We haven't had any sign-ups for over a week now. Gotta step it up. Can you 88's get the word out and link them to the thread with the details? I don't care which site you link it to, just spread the word.
  9. GuamoKun

The best thing would be to put a time restriction on it, since it essentially says "HEY SIGN UP I'M NOT WAITING FOR YOU", if there is a discrepancy on the amount of Sonyas vs Kitanas, should people be allowed to play multiple times to "balance" the numbers out?

In my personal opinion it should be held in mid-Dec or late Dec to have a "who the year belongs to" kind of feel.
  10. AK RM Blake

All good points.

I propose we finalize the sign-ups on December 24th and then hold the war a few days before New Year, as sort of a celebratory ceremony to usher in 2013.

As for the potential discrepancy, let's limit the amount of open spots to 15 players per team. If the sign-ups come in quick enough, we could raise the capacity for both teams by 5.

By then, I'll have a new laptop and even stronger streaming quality. :D
    GuamoKun likes this.
  11. GuamoKun

Sounds awesome, maybe if it ends up being 88 vs 88 and I have confidence it will since we have the most awesome Sonya, and a lot of threatening Kitanas...maybe there could be 88 stuff like loser gets demoted, winner gets promoted?

idk, anything to hype up the stakes!
  12. AK RM Blake

Now if this is going to affect our statuses as 88's, you'll wanna go to Lord Thunder for that, LOL. But you notice that we don't just have 88's who signed up, so that is not possible.

We do need a sort of prize, though...any suggestions?
  13. AK RM Blake

A-hem, bumped for a reminder.

Also, there is now an XBL section of the Sonya vs. Kitana war thanks to fellow 88, GhosT - he will be streaming this side from his own channel. You can check this site's Xbox Live section to find the thread. Sign-ups for PSN have also been updated.

And now, for an announcement that sort of mixes sadness and triumph all into one...

88's...

Each day, it is inevitable that the sun goes down, and the moon takes its place. Then when the night ends, the sun replaces the moon, and as the day changes, things in life change with them, whether we fight against the tide or surf with it.

My time as Imperial Dragon Warlord, as of tonight, has come to an end, like how the sun sets in the horizon. The title now falls into the hands of my little bro, Blind_Man - who has come a remarkably long way with his Kenshi and has rightfully earned the title with his triumph over me. I know he will lead the clan's warriors just as well as I once did, if not better. Congratulations, Blind.

In addition, it pains me to make this choice, but I've decided to hang up my swords in MK - as a competitor, anyway. Ever since MLG, I simply could not recover. I have not been taking part in the game as much as I should be, and whenever I do, I can't seem to play as well as I once did. I think this is a sign that I need to step down and allow everyone else to shine. Due to this decision, I will not be competing in King of Clans 2012, but know that I still stand by you all as a true supporter of the family. I have no doubts that we'll ascend as a three-year champion of the tournament.

You will still be seeing me play, of course, but only when I stream the TYM Wharf on Fridays. And from this point on, I will only be a casual player.

Also, we need to consider holding another episode of the Warrior's Shrine so that the 88's who attended MLG Dallas may pass on stories of their experience to us. What say you, 88's?
    Blind_Ducky likes this.
  14. Blind_Ducky

Thanks Blakey<3 and thundy <3 I appreciate this! Ill do my best as the new warlord person. I could not have gotten here without help from all you guys. Love all you 88s<3
    GamerBlake90 likes this.
  15. AK RM Blake

88's!

Blind_Man GuamoKun WoundCowboy

Check these threads out and spread the word.

http://www.testyourmight.com/thread...f-shadow-league-clan-tournament-series.26292/

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/clan-leadership-thread.26331/

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/clans-learning-their-true-benefit.26174/

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/if-shadow-league-proceeds-we-might-need-to.26332/

Once we defend our title in King of Clans 2012, let's turn our conquering eyes towards the Shadow League and do all we can to bring this idea to life. I am talking with STORMS about a lot of ideas for this. Keep updated with what goes on.
    STORMS likes this.
  16. AK RM Blake

Guys, I'm checking our private clan boards and I still don't see you all participating much. Where are all of you? Step it up, we don't want B W1zZ's new project to go to waste.
  17. AK RM Blake

Yo, guys...I'd like to wish my beloved Crazy 88's a wonderful Christmas and an awesome 2013! Long live the King of Clans! *fist-pump*
  18. Blind_Ducky

May be forced to quit mk. Ill know relatively soon.
  19. Blind_Ducky

Well I have some rather unfortunate news. Due to events happening a couple days before christmas I'm going to have to quit playing mortal kombat online and possibly offline. I apologize for this and it hurts to have this happen. I will try to play offline as often as I can and I will stream it off my phone so if you guys want to watch you can. I will not be competing at SCR. Place me on the inactive list and I am really sorry for this.
    Thunder 88
    GamerBlake90
  20. GuamoKun

Don't leave me :( but if its something you can control I understand. No worries
  21. AK RM Blake

88's, crystalcage has now joined the XBL 88's. Give her a warm welcome. Approved by Kings MyGod and Napalm.

Props to cyusstrike for taking third place at last night's Battle and Brew tournament, despite the fact that it had only seven entrants due to some of the Atlanta warriors being absent. Frosty Faustings would be why. Also, good efforts by TylerLantern.

And, a reminder that the Special Forces vs. Princess of Edenia war is going down tonight during the late evening hours. Be sure you are ready then.
    TylerLantern likes this.
  22. AK TylerLantern

AK TylerLantern POWER OF FEAR

Thanks Blake, I appreciate it. The highlight of my Battle & Brew night was when I fought both Trepound and Viper after the tournament in money matches and won both. Both of them are friends and great players, but I have to admit, it was nice beating the guys who placed 1st and 2nd in money matches right after the tournament.
    GamerBlake90 likes this.
  23. AK RM Blake

Attention, 88's!

TylerLantern WoundCowboy GuamoKun Blind_Man B W1zZ Joker8417 AestheticLove EGP_Shoryuken Marvaz xKhaoTikx cyusstrike DJTMIT Denzell GhosT RunwayMafia xmygodx daddydab32ho rev0lver Cossner Midnight63 SonicFox5000 AYSAMO

(Cossner is wanting to try out, just for the record)

And any other 88's you guys can tag if you would be so kind.

We have an announcement from Lord Thunder, to be quoted in the below post. Please read and respond immediately.

[quote name='Thunder 88' timestamp='1357243210' post='470460']
    This message is to the whole Crazy 88 Empire:

I hope everyone had a good year, holy holidays, and warm family and friend gatherings. The past is in the past and it's time to move forward. We must all concentrate on being better people. We have to decide if we still want to be the best clan in the whole MK world.

This clan was born to promote good sportsmanship and may we continue to carry on the tradition, win or lose.

Let's not let our past accomplishments cause us to inflate our egos. Instead, let those accomplishments remind us of how hard working we are, and that we're not just a clan, not just an empire, not just a living dynasty, but rather a tight knit...

family.

We should get together on PSN this Saturday night for some psn chat and our own Crazy88 room so that we can get reacquainted with our family and our ferocity. I will be on hosting both by 8 pm mountain time.
    [/quote]
    TylerLantern and GuamoKun like this.
  24. GuamoKun

I've been kinda inactive online because this game is so.........bleh online and I've been way more active offline. But ill make it to this!
    GamerBlake90 likes this.
  25. Blind_Ducky

To bad I can't get online.