What's new

Tech The Corner Vortex

SEV

Noob
The Corner Vortex

So this thread is just an expansion of tech that our fellow Flash BoricuaHeat has found, so thank you to you sir; so this tech pertains to the Double D2 Quickstand Reset. I'm sure everyone is familiar with this tech but just in case, using two D2's in your combo, one being somewhere in the middle and the second being the combo ender, Flash will give a quickstand reset. The idea has been touched upon but I've yet to see it actually developed in the community so I figured that I would take a stab at it. Using this tech with a follow up Sonic Pound in the corner allows Flash to have a vortex in which the mix up is in guessing which side to block the overhead Sonic Pound from doing 25% damage per successful reset; so the vortex starter looks like this:

[starter] SP(MB) D2 F3 32 D2 SP(MB) (30% or 33%)

Now the mix up comes from your Sonic Pound input. Sonic Pound Close(SPC) will land you in front so that they will have to hold back to block correctly. On a successful SPC connection, use the combo above after the starter so it looks like this(the SPC(MB) represents the SP used at the end of the vortex starter):

SPC(MB) D2 F3 32 D2 SP(MB) (25%)

Using either Sonic Pound Neutral or Far(SPF) will cross them up so that they have to hold forward to block correctly. On a successful SPF connection, the combo changes slightly as it causes a bounce cross over similar to F21 SP, so use(the SPF(MB) represents the SP used at the end of the prior vortex combo):

SPF(MB) xx Walk Away From the Corner Slightly xx D2 F3 32 D2 SP(MB) (25%)

Once you're out of meter, or whenever you want to exit the vortex, use the simple 11x5 combo to give yourself the double cross up F3 set up; I don't have video of this but it should obvious to anyone reading this thread(again the SP(MB) represents the SP used at the end of the prior vortex combo):

SP(MP) 11 11 11 11 112 LC (37%)

The opponent has three options in between each reset: try to block properly, or to try to escape the vortex by either attempting a tech roll or wake up attack.

Window of time to input a wake up is almost non-existent due to the quick stand and you may reverse their inputs if you cross up so I don't feel that this a viable option. So the only way to reliably escape the vortex by tech rolling the second D2 of the combo which will cause your SP to whiff; however, this cannot be done on reaction to your Sonic Pound. Again, the window to tech roll the D2 is so small that they need to put their input in at the same time you enter DF3 for your Sonic Pound, meaning they will have to take a risk and guess whether you will continue the vortex or drop it.

There are only two reasons why you would want to drop the vortex. One is if you make a read on a tech roll. If you make the read simply end the combo with D2 and don't use SP. If you make the read properly you can full combo punish or re-enter the vortex. If you drop the combo and they don't tech roll you still get a 50/50 from the double D2 quickstand reset. Now the other reason to drop would be going for mind game shenanigans; the only reason the opponent wouldn't tech roll is if they're holding forward or back to attempt to block the Sonic Pound which they have been conditioned to expect, so you can simply go for a D1 combo.

The only "bad" scenarios for the Flash is if they block or tech roll the SP successfully. If they block it you are still +11 and get another 50/50. And the worst case scenario would be if they successfully tech roll the Sonic Pound, and if this happens it's not even that bad as you are only -4 or -5 which is the about the same as your opponent blocking Lightning Kick.

This is definitely chainable as long as you have the meter; I would have posted video of it chaining longer but unfortunately do to my recording restrictions I can only show one reset in a video due to the file size. So the Flash has a vortex guys, have fun with it.

Unclashable Midscreen Trait Double Cross Up F3 Set Up

Again I'm just going to post this here as to not have to make another thread and it is only fitting as it is an expansion of tech from BoricuaHeat again. So just like the original midscreen double cross up F3 set up, this can be done from an unclashable trait combo with good timing and the proper adjustments for up to 46% of unclashable damage. So the combo is:

(F2 or D1) xx LK(MB) 4 B3 xx Walk Forward xx F3 > Walk Forward xx F3 F3 (26% or 29% + 17%)

So if they're familiar with the set up at all they will most likely see it coming as you have to hold the F3 when they are on the ground for a good bit of time(you have to start holding it early otherwise once they are fully grounded it will space you properly preventing the cross up) so if you believe they will block the cross up you can hold it slightly longer so that they will start to stand causing the proper spacing and will hit in front rather than cross up.

So this is all I've been working on recently, hope you guys can get some mileage with it, and again a special thanks to BoricuaHeat for discovering the original tech upon which this is built. :)

BoricuaHeat
AK Harold
Zyphox
LEGEND
Solo_
Xenrail
SidTheHaze
Chrishaspads
Red Reaper
SaJa
AYSAMO
FCP/EMP SCAR

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
My man! You have done a much better no superb job than I at explaining this tech, also a quick note from when I was screwing with this in the lab. How ever you do the combo then go for the second d2 the sonic pound will reverse their inputs and screw up their roll, but here this if they roll the pound catches them and hits meaty so you can go for a free dash in attempt! It is finicky to use but I am testing when I can.

For real tho, shout outs to the Bane forums for finding out quick stands in May. I just randomly learned it in July and applied it to my characters.

But enough about me, you have contributed so much, gotta verse each other. You on PSN?

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
My man! You have done a much better no superb job than I at explaining this tech, also a quick note from when I was screwing with this in the lab. How ever you do the combo then go for the second d2 the sonic pound will reverse their inputs and screw up their roll, but here this if they roll the pound catches them and hits meaty so you can go for a free dash in attempt! It is finicky to use but I am testing when I can.

For real tho, shout outs to the Bane forums for finding out quick stands in May. I just randomly learned it in July and applied it to my characters.

But enough about me, you have contributed so much, gotta verse each other. You on PSN?
so they can roll out of this since you cross over, but the sp still catches them?

SEV

Noob
Unfortunately no, just xbox at the moment, been thinking about getting IGAU for PSN though, seems like that's where it's at as far as this community goes for the most part.

SEV

Noob
I'm sure more tech like this will pop up there or somewhere else soon. I imagine something like this could be universal as long as the character has a special with the right delay; Ares off the top of my head my be able to do something like this with his DD2.

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
so they can roll out of this since you cross over, but the sp still catches them?
Precisely, trying to find the optimized combo, could be character specific considering the vast amount of wake ups with invincibility.

SEV I hope quick stands are implemented into everyone's game plan as the meta game develops, Flash seems to be the one with high variety uses for it, right next to my new boy Bane.

Killjoy McGee check this out bro, try implementing this in the corner you will get results!