What's new

The Big Bad in MKX

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I just had this crazy idea, what if Quan Chi is the big bad? It would be a smart move from NRS part, releasing him as a normal playable character but in secret he is the big bad boss. I think this could be a possibility because he was never shown in the story trailer but if you watch carefully you notice that the red smoke comes from the White lotus temple and then we find Zombie Sindel and zombie Kitana fighting in that place under the red smoke, and we all know they serve Quan Chi in the Netherrealm at the end of MK9.

And there is more, I think Erron Black works for Quan Chi, he infiltrates Kotal army to gain the trust from Kotal in order to collect all the information possible and influence outworld's political outcomes. even more, Erron Black could be Quan Chi in disguise!! So after the battle with Kitana Kotal keep the amulet but then Erron (Quan) steals it from him, goto the White Lotus temple and revive Liu Kang to be his champion or even take his powers for himself.

In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised if Mileena is the final boss after getting her power back by reclaiming her throne. They've done it before in other games were former badass is depowered or downpowered somewhat, you fight them several times, then by the end they are as good as new and the final boss.

Do I think they will do it? No. I think it's gonna be someone else.

What if the "Big Bad" ended up being Johnny Cage or Sonya? NOBODY would see that coming.
This would be interesting. I have no idea how they'd do it but it'd be extra drama with Cassie basically being the protagonist.

My money's on Kang though

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Whoever the big bad is, I highly doubt they'll be playable.

smoke420

Noob

it MIGHT HAPPEN.. how awesome would that be??

but i think its shang . his ending from mk9 about after absorbing shao kahns soul, & being trained by Bo rai Cho to harness it, so Shang can defeat the out of control God that Lui Kang has became..

KANG VS SHANG

wyruzzah

Noob

it MIGHT HAPPEN.. how awesome would that be??

but i think its shang . his ending from mk9 about after absorbing shao kahns soul, & being trained by Bo rai Cho to harness it, so Shang can defeat the out of control God that Lui Kang has became..

KANG VS SHANG

MK 9 ladder endings are non canon, its like it never happen, so it means nothing! :D

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
What if... The kamidogu dagger that kano cut sub zero with actually contained Onaga or some other big baddie and kano was working for them? Kano is tasked with finding them a body and now Sub Zero is possessed with whoever's soul? Maybe that's why boon says this isn't the sub we know?

Or maybe kano is the big bad and when he uses the dagger he actually is possessed himself?

lmao

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
MK 9 ladder endings are non canon, its like it never happen, so it means nothing! :D
Previous mortal kombat 'arcade' endings have been used in successive games as plot devices though. The scenario of why things happen change, but the details get shifted into something workable with the 'canon' ending. This isn't limited to MK obviously, but it has happened in MK. Heck, once upon a time the arcade endings were the ONLY way you got info about a particular character, aside from any promo or bio for the sequel.

I've yet to see anyone contradict that Sektor took over the Lin Kuei after MK9, for instance. That happened in the original timeline though, so it doesn't count?

The best you can say the arcade mode endings are is 'might have beens and may well bes'. They're not canon, but they might still throw us some future character development details.

Honestly, I feel confident in believing Shinnok is going to be the big bad. Theories have been discussed on MKO, and it's all starting to make sense to me now.

-When MK1 Raiden captures Shinnok in the amulet, that is a flashback of something that happened shortly after MK9. The threat has been taken care of.
-Jump a little bit ahead, and Mileena is deposed from the throne of Shao Kahn somehow.
-Kotal Kahn assumes the throne, gathering guards that were once with Shao Kahn, as well as Erron Black.
-The amulet is apparently lost from Raiden, wherein Mileena takes possession of it.
-Gathering the Tarkatan, Rain, and another couple players (Reiko?), she mounts an offensive against Kotal Kahn.
-The trailer shows her beginning to use the amulet in a similar fashion to how Raiden used it on Shinnok, where she hopes to imprison Kotal.
-She's unaware of Shinnok's presence in the amulet, and the absorption of Kotal fails, and unknowingly releases Shinnok on both Kotal and Mileena.
-Raiden is aware of all of this possibly taking place, hence his grave warning of the amulet.
-Raiden tells Cassie to lead the rest of the Special Forces group in hopes of finding Mileena, and or possibly reclaiming the amulet before she can use it. This is why they meet with Kotal, and Kotal with Kano in hopes of finding Mileena.
-Shinnok is loose, and there you have it.

That of course is 100% conjecture.
I don't know for some reason I think Shinnok is a giant red herring. He was obviously teased at at the end of MK9. So he is a main contender, but after seeing him get absorbed into the amulet by Raiden I just think he was the prelude to MKX's actual story. In that same scene that Shinnok gets absorbed, we see two familiar characters, a guy that seems to look like Johnny and a woman dressed in black on the ground in the background that looks like Sonya.
These two were the last of the warriors alive at the end of MK9 so naturally they would team up with Raiden to put Shinnok to a swift end, then maybe a twist happens when the real Big Bad starts doing stuff. It's hard to say who it would be but, I really don't think it's Shinnok. Shinnok kind of has always been a joke villain to me anyway.