What's new

The Big Bad in MKX

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
People are kidding themselves if you think there won't be a "Dun dun dun...SHAO KAHN!" Moment at the end of this game. It's as predictable as it gets.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I'm personally a fan of the Dark Raiden theory because it's just so perfect, but that might actually end up being the reason they go a different way.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
"Scorpion and Raiden must work together to save Takeda from the Neatherrealm's grip. Plus: What happenned to Sub-Zero? And what's REALLY going on with the Kamidogu daggers? All will be revealed! "

If he does go evil, it's not happening yet. Plus he was working with cassie's team in the trailer.
Working with the protagonists does not denote pure intentions.

MCPeePants

Bout it
Let me propose a question...

When has the big bad ever been playable from the beginning? MK4? Armageddon? Aren't those it?

I don't think the big dude will be Shinnok, Liu, "Dark" Raiden, etc.

I'm guessing big daddy Tsung or someone from left field.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Akuma Kang or dark Raiden. either would be great. Shang would be amazing but I can't see him coming back as main roster. Shinnok is probably the safe bet.

As regards playability, Boon likes playable bosses and has said most future NRS games will have them. Boss Superman was fine in IGAU, so boss Kang or Raiden will be fine here

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I don't think evil Superman is a fair example because he is literally just a clone of Superman, and they wouldn't make Superman unplayable.

MCPeePants

Bout it
As regards playability, Boon likes playable bosses and has said most future NRS games will have them. Boss Superman was fine in IGAU, so boss Kang or Raiden will be fine here
Would love to see those quotes. I haven't seen it!

Of the two, I like the idea of Fire God Kang way more than "dark" Raiden. That shit's lame to me.

ROtagaki

Praise the Sun! Hail Kotal Khan!
Shinnok deserves a second chance, so I think he is going to be the final boss.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Honestly, I feel confident in believing Shinnok is going to be the big bad. Theories have been discussed on MKO, and it's all starting to make sense to me now.

-When MK1 Raiden captures Shinnok in the amulet, that is a flashback of something that happened shortly after MK9. The threat has been taken care of.
-Jump a little bit ahead, and Mileena is deposed from the throne of Shao Kahn somehow.
-Kotal Kahn assumes the throne, gathering guards that were once with Shao Kahn, as well as Erron Black.
-The amulet is apparently lost from Raiden, wherein Mileena takes possession of it.
-Gathering the Tarkatan, Rain, and another couple players (Reiko?), she mounts an offensive against Kotal Kahn.
-The trailer shows her beginning to use the amulet in a similar fashion to how Raiden used it on Shinnok, where she hopes to imprison Kotal.
-She's unaware of Shinnok's presence in the amulet, and the absorption of Kotal fails, and unknowingly releases Shinnok on both Kotal and Mileena.
-Raiden is aware of all of this possibly taking place, hence his grave warning of the amulet.
-Raiden tells Cassie to lead the rest of the Special Forces group in hopes of finding Mileena, and or possibly reclaiming the amulet before she can use it. This is why they meet with Kotal, and Kotal with Kano in hopes of finding Mileena.
-Shinnok is loose, and there you have it.

That of course is 100% conjecture.

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
It shall be Sub-Zero who was cut by that supa dagger by Kano! He's secretly the big bad, all like sup guys I'm gonna pretend I'm good but in reality I'm one evil douche bag, and I'ma take over the world by making all the major players take each other out first. Then I shall cause Hell to freeze over with epic hax.

I'd laugh if it ended up being Tanya. After all, she could be the one that killed Jade... :p

But no, in all seriousness, it's probably Shang Tsung.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I want a true surprise character to be the big bag. Someone we would have never guessed unless we pay close attention to the story.

I'm hoping someone like Sonya or, hell, even Skarlet!

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
I haven't really given this much thought because fuck that, just give me the game, but...

...I'd love to see an OP Skarlet through this Blood Magik story that the comic has layed out.

A scene where she bodies a lot of people, like Sindel, except infinitely cooler because Sindel was useless the moment after she gave birth to Kitana.