What's new

The Big Bad in MKX

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Boon has said that the big bad will be a returning character that no one expects... so I think it's one of 2 characters.

1. Liu Kang. The original champion of Mortal Kombat. The timeline gets rebooted and fucked all to hell by Raiden and so now... b/c of the butterfly effect or whatever you wanna call it... the one that was destined to become the savior of Earthrealm becomes it's greatest enemy?

or

"what a twist"

2. Shang Tsung. Now we all know that Shang is one devious little motherfucker and is never truly working for anyone but himself. So, what if his plan all along was to merge himself with sindel so he could finally rid himself of all those pesky earthrealm protectors?

He'd be making himself doubly powerful and making it easier for him to assume control. There would be less resistance. Maybe he knew all along that Shao Kahn, in his great arrogance, wouldn't think the elder gods would step in. So, he let kahn go on with his plan and get destroyed. Now, it's all for his taking!

Maybe sindel is only in the story mode b/c she's actually shang tsung and when we defeat her Shang emerges and gives the standard evil genius speech?

Or maybe I would just like everyone's favorite soul stealing bastard back in mk?

Who do you guys think the main boss will be?

FiNCu

Casual from Poland ;)
Liu Kang is my bet as well.I want him similiar to MK:Legacy(wishfull thinking).Shang Thung is like"meh" to me.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
there is a lot of mystery surrounding Liu Kang .... I mean the dude is one of the main protagonist in MK franchise, and nothing, absolutely nothing about him come out to surface in MKX story so far, so, I think there is a chance he will be something in MKX, something that Ed Boon is holding up and will not reveal :confused:

FiNCu

Casual from Poland ;)
Its good moment to turn Liu Kang after so manyyyyy years(MK franchise) from protagonist to "dark side" or maybeeee ANTY HERO :) That will be great.

The demon thing will posses Liu Kang. Liu Kang's hatred for Raiden will allow the demon to take over and all crazy shit will happen.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Maybe mileena. What if she is the killer of jade. It's already been revealed that she is Kotal Kahn's number 1 threat.

Error

DF2+R2
I'm guessing that trailer scene with the red explosion might be when the big bad reveals him/herself.
That could mean it's someone with fire powers "awakening," which could be Liu Kang.

I'd love it if it was randomly Tanya working in the background or Skarlet after collecting blood from the ongoing wars.

Dark

Noob
They said there was a hint in the trailer. The mist coming from the white lotus temple is the only thing I can think of. So either it's Liu Kang or Bo Rai Cho came to visit his old friends and turned evil. I vote the Deadly Bo Rai Kahn Chonaga.

Really though, any ideas on anything besides the white lotus temple that would be a hint at the boss?

Dark

Noob
Clear as day.

"Scorpion and Raiden must work together to save Takeda from the Neatherrealm's grip. Plus: What happenned to Sub-Zero? And what's REALLY going on with the Kamidogu daggers? All will be revealed! "

If he does go evil, it's not happening yet. Plus he was working with cassie's team in the trailer.