What's new

The BEST Injustice Players Currently (Read Inside)

Who do you think is the best Injustice player?

• Jupiter

Votes: 51 24.8%
  • Pig of the Hut

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • KDZ

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • Theo

Votes: 29 14.1%
  • WoundCowboy

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Wonder Chef

• Tyrant

• Dartharma

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Harold

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 16bit

• PimPimJim

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Sonic Fox

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • Noobe

• Chris G

• Tom Brady

• Forever King

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Rico Suave

• Saltface

• Kinetic Orochi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whiteboi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zyphox

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • MAX

• Perfect Legend

• Playing 2 Win

• REO

Votes: 23 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PTG Slayer

Behold! The GOD of War!
Do you really not see how the guy plays?

And using this logic, I guess REO can't be considered the best MK9 player cause he used kabal right? This logic is bad. The player makes the character, not the other way around. A character is only as good as the player using him.

That's why the entire top 8 isn't Martian Manhunter, and it was never top 8 Kabals. Because only the "good" players can use them effectively to place.
I never once said that Jupiter was bad. And REO is good with Multiple characters not just Kabal. Is Jupiter? lolz. Like I said, training wheel of Injustice is MMH. If you put in work with a different character, even Aquaman, I'd be more willing to call you the best, because you actually need good fundamentals.

I base my opinion on overall tournament resume of a player(as we all should or whats the point of pll traveling around the world to play in inj if nobodies like foxy grampa can instantly earn the same praise by just playing online?), and I also take into account their flops and wins, and REO has placed in every era of the game since day 1. That level of consistency is amazing and maybe even more so in a game like injustice, so atm he is the best player in the game to me.

CRUM

Noob
Do you really not see how the guy plays?

And using this logic, I guess REO can't be considered the best MK9 player cause he used kabal right? This logic is bad. The player makes the character, not the other way around. A character is only as good as the player using him.

That's why the entire top 8 isn't Martian Manhunter, and it was never top 8 Kabals. Because only the "good" players can use them effectively to place.
Exactly the point I was trying to make.

PTG Slayer

Behold! The GOD of War!
Exactly the point I was trying to make.
Trait -3 into orb setups?-Safe
OH teleports into orb setups?- Safe
OH/LOW 50/50 into more orb setups?-Safe

You guys calling Jupiter le best?-Priceless.

As of right now, the best HAS to be KDZ. Why was this thread even made? lolz
Flame baiting should be auto close.

CRUM

Noob
Trait -3 into orb setups?-Safe
OH teleports into orb setups?- Safe
OH/LOW 50/50 into more orb setups?-Safe

You guys calling Jupiter le best?-Priceless.

As of right now, the best HAS to be KDZ. Why was this thread even made? lolz
Flame baiting should be auto close.
There's really no sense in arguing here. First of all I never called him the best. Second of all, if MMH is so brain dead go win a major with him.

PTG Slayer

Behold! The GOD of War!
There's really no sense in arguing here. First of all I never called him the best. Second of all, if MMH is so brain dead go win a major with him.
Not brain dead, never said that, just incredibly safe to use is all. I'm more of a risk taker, so I'll stick to my DD and 1 month Zod :). There is no argument, speaking strictly on Resume, there is no contesting that KDZ is the best. But anyone can have a good/bad day, making this yet another useless, flame baiting thread. :/

JDM

Noob
Going to add my 2 cents here on why I agree with Slayer.

Jupiter and REO are obviously great players, they wouldn't have done anything if they weren't, but I can't call them the best. It's like the guy using the All NBA 90's team against the Heat in 2k. Yes the Heat are great, but they aren't the 90's All NBA. If you are both of equal skill more times than not you will lose to the All NBA team because the team gives an extra boost compared to normal NBA teams matched up. Even if you are slightly more skilled you may still lose.

This was vanilla SF4 Sagat. This was pre-patch Tekken 5 Steve. This is MMH.

The only reason why you don't see "8 MMH's in the Top 8" is not because he isn't far superior to the cast, its because many people wouldn't enjoy just dropping their mains or favorite characters just for the retarded one. Many wouldnt want to be hypocrits. Many would rather win their own way. Plenty of reasons dependent on the actual individual. Nevertheless, it doesn't change the characters far superior tools.

For example, if you are losing with MMH it is much worse than if you are losing with Raven. Both are top tier characters, however the gap between MMH and anyone else is very high and will grow even more in the future. Unless you outplay your opponent from beginning to end you will lose with Raven. You can be slightly outplayed using MMH and still win your match because of the tools available.

So no, a character isn't as good as the player, they are as good as they already are made to be. If the player can play at a high level they can maximize the potential of the character. If the players are at equally high levels then a character with such an advantage over others also gives that player advantages that his opponent does not have. As Slayer stated, he virtually outfootsies nearly the entire roster, outzones everyone, can't be zoned by anyone, super safe, high damage, setups, uses little meter, etc etc etcx100.

People need to stop looking at this like its "taking shots" at people and call it out for what it really is. A fact. We should just be fortunate that everyone doesn't play with him because then you actually WOULD see 6 MMH's in Top 8's.

No you really wouldn't. You'd only see this happen if TOP players in the community started to all play him. And that's not cause the character is dumb that's because the people would have gotten there in the first place.

MMH is dumb but he's not an auto-win button. Jupiter's understanding of how to beat all of SonicFox's wakeups, baited all his unsafe crap, had optimal punishes, reads etc. was not because of his character. You're really underrating the player here.

The character does not make the player. No one's Kabal is near REO's level and no ones MMH is on Jupiter's level. No one's KL is as good as PL's etc.
Also, you're acting like I'm saying MMH isn't the best. He's the best. But that doesn't take away from the player using him.

Protectobot

More Displacer Raiden, please! ;P
Sorry that this is so late! :( (just read this today), but I'm surprised no one mentioned how IJ seems to be so much about counter characters and good MUs. I'm tempted to say Jupiter's the best (or at least the current best and most active MMH player), and I'm tempted to say Zyphox might be at his skill level or at least 2nd-best since he seems to handle Jupiter's MMH so well, but maybe that's partially MMH vs. Flash lol.

Also, of the little I've seen of Jupiter's Supes, he plays him very well, but everyone says MMH suits his style more, which seems so hard to determine for any partic player (although I can see how PPJ playing MMH would make sense cos he likes to go nuts with his characters and he makes MMH look exciting every time he plays him! lol).

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Even though I don't play injustice, from what I see I think Jupiter Theo and sonicfox are top 3. I really wanna see Theo vs Jupiter. That would be sick almost like that super smash bros matchup with that east coast guy vs west coast guy that were both super crazy and best in their regions.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Even though I don't play injustice, from what I see I think Jupiter Theo and sonicfox are top 3. I really wanna see Theo vs Jupiter. That would be sick almost like that super smash bros matchup with that east coast guy vs west coast guy that were both super crazy and best in their regions.
^^^All of this. Jupiter, Theo, and Fox are the best I've seen. I also was hoping to see Jupiter vs. Theo this weekend, but Jups didn't attend.