What's new

Match-up Discussion Pre-Evo 2014 Aquaman MU Chart

LEGEND

YES!
dude, Brad. Up shoulder is what made me have to back off my offense when i knocked you down. After i got hit by it the first 2 times i respected it the third and you woke up with MB Venom and got free pressure

you were using it they way you are supposed to, its not as good as some characters have it when they're knocked down but its better than nothing

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
dude, Brad. Up shoulder is what made me have to back off my offense when i knocked you down. After i got hit by it the first 2 times i respected it the third and you woke up with MB Venom and got free pressure

you were using it they way you are supposed to, its not as good as some characters have it when they're knocked down but its better than nothing
But that's how wake ups are supposed to work, they're supposed to be a risk. Not this bullshit Wonder Woman 360 hitting fully invincible wake up that leads into a 40% combo and vortex.

LEGEND

YES!
But that's how wake ups are supposed to work, they're supposed to be a risk. Not this bullshit Wonder Woman 360 hitting fully invincible wake up that leads into a 40% combo and vortex.
i agree that most wake-ups are too good, but at least hers is punishable and every character has armor to blow through the ones that aren't

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
You can wake up, it's Injustice. Everyone and their mother has an invincible wake up. Aquaman having a wake up would make him the best character in the game. Doomsday doesn't have any real wake ups, I don't sit here and bitch that I have to block. I just level up my defense. If I can do it with a mid tier character, Aquaman players shouldn't have any trouble.
That doesn't magically make not having a wakeup option that gets the opponent to respect you any less important. Yes, you can block, but then that gives the opponent a chance to do something because of that. And, like I said, a number of characters have pretty silly guessing games.

Having a good wakeup option and not having makes a lot of difference between getting the opponent not to attack you on wakeup and just going ham with every damn mixup in the book. Being able to block is a player thing, and yes, good players should be able to actually block. Guess what? Not even Chris G blocks everything. So yes, lacking a respectable wakeup in general is going to be a hindrance, since dealing with it puts a shit ton of weight on your shoulders.

coolwhip

Noob
You can wake up, it's Injustice. Everyone and their mother has an invincible wake up. Aquaman having a wake up would make him the best character in the game. Doomsday doesn't have any real wake ups, I don't sit here and bitch that I have to block. I just level up my defense. If I can do it with a mid tier character, Aquaman players shouldn't have any trouble.
Who said Aquaman NEEDED an invincible wake-up? All people said (GlassSword and THTB) was that not having an invincible wake-up is a big deal in some match-ups.

Last edited:

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I think gl might wins this matchup slightly.
very winnable for aqua my opinion 2014 for this matchup

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
If FtD would wiff on Ia jumps, then Cyborg would win this MU 7-3, potentially even worse.

But.... FtD annihilates cyborg IaFB. They can trade chip with each other but FtD wins the trade on hit and dissallows frequent TA setups.

In fact, the only way cyborg can safely chip AM is by MB air nova blasts. He has to spend meter to do 2% chip...

If AM gets the life lead, then good water-shield management, with well timed FtD and D2 will prevent Cyborg from ever coming back.

I know a lot of you guys complain about how broken AM is because of his trait ect ect, but at least you have a chance to score damage!!! I have to trololol in this mu. Play cyborg and you will know what true pain feels like!!!

6 - 4 vs. Ares
5 - 5 vs. Bane
6 - 4 vs. Batgirl
6 - 4 vs. Batman
6 - 4 vs. Black Adam
6 - 4 vs. Catwoman
6 - 4 vs. Cyborg
5 - 5 vs. Deathstroke
6 - 4 vs. Doomsday
5 - 5 vs. Flash
6 - 4 vs. Green Arrow
5 - 5 vs. Green Lantern (this could actually be slight adv GL.)
6 - 4 vs. Harley Quinn
5 - 5 vs. Hawkgirl
6 - 4 vs. Joker
5 - 5 vs. Killer Frost
5 - 5 vs Lex Luthor
5 - 5 vs. Lobo
4 - 6 vs. Martian Manhunter
5 - 5 vs. Nightwing
4 - 6 vs. Raven
6 - 4 vs. Scorpion
6 - 4 vs. Shazam
6 - 4 vs. Sinestro
6 - 4 vs. Solomon Grundy
5 - 5 vs. Superman
5 - 5 vs. Wonder Woman
6 - 4 vs. Zatanna
5 - 5 vs. ZOD

This is my chart. At this point in the game i'd like to stay away from saying a mu is 7-3 or worse.

Last edited:
@Tom Brady and @Blind_Man, hmm I know that, but I feel like once I get close to her, she can't do much in my opinion. She has no punish for ex trident rush if I'm correct, she can't jump at him, and her wakeups aren't good either. I could be wrong, but I feel AM should be able to get in on her and keep her in the corner. Also he has better footsies.

TWISTED_ANIMALITY

PSN: EMPEROR_TWISTED
GL beats aqua 6-4
NW beats aqua 5.5 - 4.5
DS beats aqua 5.5 - 4.5 (his gun shots punish blocked FTD, and DS's footsies are seriously underestimated, great d2 as well)
KF beats aqua 5.5 - 4.5
MMH beats aqua 6-4
RAVEN beats aqua 6-4
AQUA BEATS ZOD 6-4 (well placed water shields keeps zod's trait mix ups at bay, and limits zod's zoneing)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Lol I like how people are starting to stand up to kF players.

Anyways 5-5 yeah. I haven't been able to replicate the whole traiting MB charge and blocking it, so dunno but eh.

187x

Noob
everybody loses. People have to stop stating a mu is bad when they lose a FT2 is ridiculous and silly