What's new

The Abbie Oleander Invitational Campaign: Better Living Through MKX :D.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This is only the beginning.

This OP will probably be changed and updated dozens of times over as the days go on, but I had to make sure I started it tonight.

Please: no matter who you are, how good you are, where you're from or what walk of life you stay in step with...if you have 15+ minutes or so to spare in the name of learning about a good, just, meaningful cause and maybe becoming a part of something important that could do a lot of good for a lot of people in dire need of help/the knowledge that the world hasn't given up on them...and you want to see it result in a potentially groundbreaking MKX showdown the likes of which has never been seen before...watch this video, give me your feedback, throw your name in the hat, and stand alongside me as I try to give rise to something bigger than all of us.

This is the battleplan:

THE AOI TAG TEAM TOURNAMENT:

-Takes place the weekend of NEC 16, out of my hotel room.
-8 teams of 2 are assembled, and their names are placed inside the Ultimate Box.
-the four First Round matchups are chosen at random; team 1 can face team 7, or 4, or 3, or team 5 can face team 8...chance is the name of the game. Same goes for the 4 teams who make the semifinals.
-The matches go thusly: 1 faces 1, winner faces other team's number 2, and if that 2 wins, they face the other number. That'll comprise a set, and every match in the first two rounds will be 2/3 sets, with a Grand Finals of 3/5. At absolute max, if every set goes the distance, you're looking at a maximum of 69 matches from start to finish.
-Depending on how much steam this gains, there's always the possibility of picking through the least broken Test Your Luck variables and adding some stipulations throughout the course of the tournament. You never know.
-There's going to be a FANS' CHOICE bonus: an option will be added for the world at large to place donation wagers on the team they feel has the best chance of running the table and winning, and whichever team wins will have a $100 bonus to split between themselves simply for being awesome.
-I, me, myself, as I live and Box, will be putting at least $50 a check from September to December away to build a victory bounty for the team who wins the whole shindig.

No entry fees. No cover charge. No nothing. My only goals are to put on a great show, pay homage to my fallen angel, and raise substance abuse awareness and funds for the cause of beating addiction back any way that can possibly be done.
The social media pages, Kickstarter/GFM pages, all the necessary stuff will be put together and organized by the end of August, and the official launch of the campaign will begin September 5'th.

This is a call to arms and a plea for comradery to any and all corners of the world, FGC or otherwise. And and all help and support I can possibly gather from now until the end of this campaign is a win in the fight.

@Tim Static @STORMS @Yomi Gaming @BigE @EGP Wonder_Chef @Pig Of The Hut @PND_Mustard @PND_Ketchup @A F0xy Grampa @Rude @RM Jonnitti @The World
I look to you, my TYM/FGC comrades and lifemates, for help and support. This could become something amazing with the right amount of fuel thrown on the fire.

It starts tonight <3.

#TheAOICampaign
#UniteTheClans

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Go for it man, substance abuse is a major issue where ever you come from, no matter what your socioeconomic status too.
However, nobody forces it upon anybody. Like you said, its a trap.

You know I support the box though! Only issue is, I can't guarantee i'll be in the US for any more tournaments this year unless I get sponsored :(
One day we'll meet.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'm down to help in whatever way I can.

I love ya Box, you're crazy. In a good way.
Your comradery will never be forgotten, my friend. Thank you <3.

Go for it man, substance abuse is a major issue where ever you come from, no matter what your socioeconomic status too.
However, nobody forces it upon anybody. Like you said, its a trap.

You know I support the box though! Only issue is, I can't guarantee i'll be in the US for any more tournaments this year unless I get sponsored :(
One day we'll meet.
One day, brother. But as long as I have your support and the backing of the UK, that's a fucking big win in my book.

I will tweet this out. Love ya Boxy
All of the <3. I'm pretty sure you were one of my first TYM pals in history. It's good to know I still have my OG pals out there.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Box, when I first joined the MK community back when MK9 came out, you were literally one of the first people I interacted with. It was actually at NEC several years ago, in fact. I was with my wife, who was dressed as Chun Li. Not even sure if you remember!

All that said, regardless, you were a super nice guy and made me feel immediately welcome, and I've never forgotten it. I'll be happy to help contribute here.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Box, when I first joined the MK community back when MK9 came out, you were literally one of the first people I interacted with. It was actually at NEC several years ago, in fact. I was with my wife, who was dressed as Chun Li. Not even sure if you remember!

All that said, regardless, you were a super nice guy and made me feel immediately welcome, and I've never forgotten it. I'll be happy to help contribute here.
Would you believe me if I told you that I still tell that story to this day? The tale of the Chun-Li who played Freddy Krueger? You'll always be my dude, Skkra. Such thanks, many grateful, much <3.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Would you believe me if I told you that I still tell that story to this day? The tale of the Chun-Li who played Freddy Krueger? You'll always be my dude, Skkra. Such thanks, many grateful, much <3.
HA! Cant believe you still remember that!!!

Keep doin' what you're doin' sir! I'll make the nicest donation I can for your event. I lost a good friend to substance abuse, so I can definitely get behind this.