What's new

Tekken Master & X-Azeez Qualified in the Middle-Eastern Qualifiers for the MKXL European Cup

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
Tournament Results:
1. Tekken Master ( Kotal Kahn - Blood God )
2. X-Azeez ( Kenshi - Balanced, Kotal Kahn - War God )
3. Bara'a: AKA Shark Teeth ( Kung Jin - Shaolin )
4. Hani Saleh ( Scorpion - Hellfire. Kotal Kahn - Blood God, Subzero - Grand Master )
5. Hassan Ansari ( Ermac - MoS )
5. Gerard Boyajian ( @loogie ) ( Mileena - Piercing, Subzero - Grand Master )
7. Emad Hashem ( Scorpion - Hellfire )
7. Mayed Abdullah ( Kotal Kahn - Sun God )

There was a very good turnout, we had 60 entrants over two days.
Day one was single elimination, day two were the last 16.

Some great matches! too bad not all of them were recorded, and there was no stream either.

There are some great players in the Middle East, prime example is TekkenMaster, and many others as well (e.g. Sharkteeth, dark, razor - we are just not all that exposed to the international tournament scene and rarely get local tournament exposure.

Notable Matches:

Shark Teeth ( Kung Jin - Shaolin )
Beat X-Azeez ( Kotal Kahn War God ) in Semi-Winners --- 3-2

Semi-Losers:

Hani Saleh ( Scorpion - Hellfire ) Eliminated Hassan Ansari ( Ermac - MoS ) --- 3-2

X-Azeez ( Kotal Kahn - War God ) Eliminated Gerard Boyajian ( Mileena - Piercing, Subzero - Grand Master ) --- 3-0

Losers Finals:

X-Azeez ( Kotal Kahn - War God & Blood God ) Eliminated Shark Teeth ( Kung Jin - Shaolin ) --- 3-2

Grand Finals:

Tekken Master ( Kotal Kahn - Blood God ) Eliminated X-Azeez ( Kenshi - Balanced ) --- 3-2

Hype Losers Final .... Winner of the match gets a spot in the MKXL CUP, so it was an intense match for the both of us.

Grand Finals. the match starts while i was leading 2-1. the match has bad video quality and was recorded by a potato.

Tekken Master The winner of the Middle-East Qualifier Tournament

X-Azeez The Runner-Up of the Middle-East Qualifier Tournament

The Top 16 of the Middle-Eastern Qualifier Tournament

Attachments

Last edited:

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
@x-azeez Do you have any idea if all the countries who got a qualifier last time are getting one this time? India got screwed over by visa issues last time, hoping for a 2nd chance.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
I thought mkx was banned in middle east, i live in kuwait. I somehow saw it in my local store though.

x-azeez

@x-azeez Do you have any idea if all the countries who got a qualifier last time are getting one this time? India got screwed over by visa issues last time, hoping for a 2nd chance.
I think Jordan, Bahrain, Dubai .. 4 from both Jordan & Bahrain, 8 from Dubai. and all 16 players competed in the Middle-East Qualifier last year and Tekken Master Won it Also

x-azeez

No surprises here

Tekken Master was going to make it 1 way or the other
Yeah, We sent him to Viennality & Hypespotting to get accustomed to the tournament play and how to handle tournament pressure.
Really happy for Tekken Master.
we all are here in Bahrain & The middle east.
I'd like to see any match footage possible from other regions.
Will post the footage as soon as i get them from the other players who attended the tournament.
Tekken master is an oshtekk GOD
i mained Kotal Kahn since day 1 and i caused a lot of trouble for him, He used to Hate Kotal Kahn, but then he started to like the character.

loogie

Noob
thanks @x-azeez for the wrap up
was a very good turnout, we had 60 entrants over two days.
Day one was single elimination, day two we were the last 16..
Some great matches! too bad not all of them were recorded, and there was no stream either.

There are some great players in the Middle East, prime example is TekkenMaster, and many others as well (e.g. Sharkteeth, x-azeez, dark, razor - we are just not all that exposed to the international tournament scene and rarely get local tournament exposure.

the sad thing is too, ESL does not allow registration on their weeklies/seasons if we are from the Middle East - I have personally been rejected from taking part in ESL this season. All this doesn't help in getting the Middle East players some exposure.

x-azeez

thanks @x-azeez for the wrap up
was a very good turnout, we had 60 entrants over two days.
Day one was single elimination, day two we were the last 16..

There are some great players in the Middle East, prime example is TekkenMaster, and many others as well (e.g. Sharkteeth, x-azeez, dark, razor - we are just not all that exposed to the international tournament scene and rarely get local tournament exposure.

the sad thing is too, ESL does not allow registration on their weeklies/seasons if we are from the Middle East - I have personally been rejected from taking part in ESL this season. All this doesn't help in getting the Middle East players some exposure.
its a sad thing that middle eastern players can't register for ESL.

@loogie i will copy some of your post in the article.

So is this only in Jordan, Bahrain and Dubai? What about the other countries? I only know of 2 Lebanese players though and only met one of them during my visit last year.

x-azeez

So is this only in Jordan, Bahrain and Dubai? What about the other countries? I only know of 2 Lebanese players though and only met one of them during my visit last year.
This was last year. This year the qualifier was held in Dubai and you could participate in it regardless of the country.

too bad some of us cant attend because of the costs

gw to all players participated, i'm waiting for more gameplay footage :)