What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Wait. How are people uploading arcade footage like this? do the arcades have a match replay system like what's on consoles?

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Is there any update on a console release date? Really looking forward to Tekken 7 so would be nice to get some news.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Is there any update on a console release date? Really looking forward to Tekken 7 so would be nice to get some news.
Not as of yet JTB. I just want a damn Julia reveal already, but they're probably saving her for towards the end.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Not as of yet JTB. I just want a damn Julia reveal already, but they're probably saving her for towards the end.
Thanks, I can't remember if Yoshimitsu has been shown yet but if history is any indication I'm pretty confident he'll be in.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@SaltShaker If I do a tailspin move but my opponent hits the wall, can I still get a tailspin knockdown?
Felt good playing Tekken for a few hours today blowing off the Kano steam. Oh wait, you asked a question? :DOGE

Haha nah you can't. Like if you do Josie's F234 tailspin juggler and they hit the wall it'll wall splat like any other carry. That's when you hit them with your optimal wall combo. Also, you'll still be able to do any interaction. So I can D2 at the wall on some stages to knock them through the floor and continue the combo carrying them again. Or you can hit them through the wall onto another platform and juggle them more.

It's built pretty good as a system I think. One of the highlights of the game so far.

#BuffJosie

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Felt good playing Tekken for a few hours today blowing off the Kano steam. Oh wait, you asked a question? :DOGE

Haha nah you can't. Like if you do Josie's F234 tailspin juggler and they hit the wall it'll wall splat like any other carry. That's when you hit them with your optimal wall combo. Also, you'll still be able to do any interaction. So I can D2 at the wall on some stages to knock them through the floor and continue the combo carrying them again. Or you can hit them through the wall onto another platform and juggle them more.

It's built pretty good as a system I think. One of the highlights of the game so far.

#BuffJosie
Man I need this game. Salt, I'm coming over man. Idk if I have working wired internet in my school so NRS games are out of the question.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Man I need this game. Salt, I'm coming over man. Idk if I have working wired internet in my school so NRS games are out of the question.
If it wasn't for Tekken I would have exploded dealing with NRS lol. Tekken calms me down.

All this talk of balance but THIS is a balanced game and they aren't done yet. It feels like the majority of the cast is viable in the sense that almost everyone is around the same "power level" overall, just with different playstyles and gameplans. Very few of the MU's feel "bad", and almost everything has to be 4-6 or 5-5 with a select few exceptions like Jin vs Asuka which has to be a near death MU. The only characters that feel "bad" are Lili, Lucky Chloe, Gigas, and Asuka, and the only characters that feel "too good" are Shaheen and Devil Jin. Everyone else feels around B+ to A+ range with Kazuya as a "theoretical S tier" but I doubt a human can play up to that lol. Once these are rounded out it can possibly be one of the most balanced games of all time if not already.

I really need to bring back the character breakdowns lol. But damn some of these cast members are soooo good while not being stupid or overpowered.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Any details on why Lili and Asuka are worse than in TTT2. I could see the SS nerf hurting Lili who had the best SS in game but... What exactly is bad about them, what changed?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Any details on why Lili and Asuka are worse than in TTT2. I could see the SS nerf hurting Lili who had the best SS in game but... What exactly is bad about them, what changed?
Yup.

Lili- in short, she is very unsafe. Like unfair levels of unsafe. Bottom 3. For example, something as simple as her 123 string is like -15 or -16 on block with the low poke, so if I block it on reaction I can :qtr2 with Josie for a full 40% combo. Too many of her strings are too negative. All her launchers are unsafe, all. A lot of her strings don't link letting you block after a couple of hits. When her strings do hit she doesn't get much adv on them. She's too slow on startup with a lot of her moves, getting blown up against characters like Steve, Claudio, Ling, etc. Bad character in her current form, but those are some of the main reasons why.

Asuka- No damage, no frames, no dirt, while everyone is rolling in mud. In a game where almost everyone is amazing, there is a character who is as slow as the bigs, one of the lowest optimal damage outputs in the game, possibly the worst overall punisher in the game, easily pokeable mixups with weak unsafe pressure, being billed as a defensive character. That character is Asuka. This saddens me. The playstation background I have is of Asuka, and now it looks like it is frowning. Frowning in shame of how bad she is in T7.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Yup.

Lili- in short, she is very unsafe. Like unfair levels of unsafe. Bottom 3. For example, something as simple as her 123 string is like -15 or -16 on block with the low poke, so if I block it on reaction I can :qtr2 with Josie for a full 40% combo. Too many of her strings are too negative. All her launchers are unsafe, all. A lot of her strings don't link letting you block after a couple of hits. When her strings do hit she doesn't get much adv on them. She's too slow on startup with a lot of her moves, getting blown up against characters like Steve, Claudio, Ling, etc. Bad character in her current form, but those are some of the main reasons why.

Asuka- No damage, no frames, no dirt, while everyone is rolling in mud. In a game where almost everyone is amazing, there is a character who is as slow as the bigs, one of the lowest optimal damage outputs in the game, possibly the worst overall punisher in the game, easily pokeable mixups with weak unsafe pressure, being billed as a defensive character. That character is Asuka. This saddens me. The playstation background I have is of Asuka, and now it looks like it is frowning. Frowning in shame of how bad she is in T7.
Well, that fuckin sucks. I like both of those characters, want to side piece them. hoping they get balanced out in the future before release. I know Namco keeps track of stats for everything so, they should have enough data to adjust things accordingly. So far I got 3 characters, Josie, Xiaoyu and my baby Julia [she's in right... she's gotta be in]. That's not gonna be enough though...

I want to jail people with Lili's DF3 and annoy the hell out of them with DF1's and jabs into 1+2 throws, with the pesky side stepping creating whiffs and Matterhorn launching. They need to get buffed like rich homie Quan.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Well, that fuckin sucks. I like both of those characters, want to side piece them. hoping they get balanced out in the future before release. I know Namco keeps track of stats for everything so, they should have enough data to adjust things accordingly. So far I got 3 characters, Josie, Xiaoyu and my baby Julia [she's in right... she's gotta be in]. That's not gonna be enough though...

I want to jail people with Lili's DF3 and annoy the hell out of them with DF1's and jabs into 1+2 throws, with the pesky side stepping creating whiffs and Matterhorn launching. They need to get buffed like rich homie Quan.
Yea they're pretty bad right now. Namco will likely buff them up by the time it releases though. They're pretty good with stuff like that. Josie is so much of a co-main that her and Bryan are 50/50 for me now, maybe even 60/40 Josie. That hasn't happened since the original T5 before DR with anyone lol. She is good, so good. Asia is saying "low Top 10" but I think she's better, but im probably bias. Some stuff she has is just deadly like the mid string cancels into frame traps and CH combos, or how her DF2 uppercut launches for 40% with huge wall carry while popping up crouch block and being only poke punishable as a 14F launcher. Too good! Ling is really really good after her buffs. As good as Josie or maybe a little better. Julia is in, it's just a matter of when. I hope they let her come back as Julia and not that JayCee crap they pulled because I really didn't like that and played Michelle in TTT2.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Lili's not the worst character in t7, she's just suffers from ryu syndrone where everyone knows everything about the character.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Lili's not the worst character in t7, she's just suffers from ryu syndrone where everyone knows everything about the character.
If Lili suffers from Ryu syndrome, then what does Heihachi, King, Paul, and Bryan suffer from? Lol

She's bad man. Unless someone doesn't know how to fight her she has to work way to hard and be way too selective. Any time you are throwing out your normal strings for pressure and getting full combo punished on block for it it's not a recipe for success. Or when most of your strings/pokes/launchers are slower than most of the cast so you get beat out when using them or punished on reactions. She's bottom 3 at best, and needs immediate buffs. I hate the character and I'm saying she needs buffs lol.

If Lili suffers from Ryu syndrome, then what does Heihachi, King, Paul, and Bryan suffer from? Lol

She's bad man..... I hate the character and I'm saying she needs buffs lol.
I have no sympathy for the Lili users having the godlike sidestep, then again I always throw out unsafe stuff.