What's new

General/Other - Kobu Jutsu Tanya Kobu Jutsu Discussion Thread

Immortal

Blind justice....

Sup. I have made a move to tanya and this is a vid of me using her in ranked. Can i get some tips ? :D thanks
Low drill as a wake up is a big no no nor it is good in neutral. Use F2 into Rekkas or F43 which is 0 on block according to FD but in reality more like around +2. Both cover great amount of space. Respect Lao EX Spin wake up if you not gonna try to break it, you can't just go ham on everybody with b12+4 Rekka all the time (contrary to people believes). Also i believe i saw you doing few times full Rekkas without delaying, that's obviously a mistake. Also dont overuse b12+4 into ex tonfa toss (dont get me wrong its good overall), good players will neutral duck and punish you on return.

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
F4 is not special cancellable right? There seems to be a gap in F43. At least it's a good mid
It's not cancelable and yes it has a gap between F4 and 3 where opponent can armor throu but if you don't overuse it then there is no fear, your opponent mostly expect F2 into Rekkas or b12+4 into Rekkas so F43 is the last thing he is gonna expect let alone wait for it to armor throu. PLus its a mid, low which is great. Not to mention people tend to think F43 is - on block and they press buttons after it which gets them destroyed by followed b12+4. Overall F43 is a great footsie / neutral tool.

The gap between like in delayed Rekkas is what makes Kobu Tanya such a great - well balanced character - she's is really good but on other end of spectrum she has flaws in her offense.

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
Whats this talk about things being 0 but actually +2. Sure there is frame reversal but where is this other frame coming from

Try to escape Liu Kang's cancel pressure without ex rekka armor, or Lao's, or Jax in the corner... It makes me cry. I hope they realize they've not leveled the character, they've destroyed her.
Seriously. All the dlcs have armoured reversals except cyrax. What a shame. Tanya for skilled players us ruined. Beginers beat me with simple button mashing.

Mr_Zatara

Fulltime Bimbo/Spellaholic
I read it wrong, copied this from the patch notes:

Tanya
- Adjusted BP,BK to hit duck blocking opponents more consistently

Still, It is exactly the buff us Tanya's needed lol

:DOGE