What's new

General/Other - Kobu Jutsu Tanya Kobu Jutsu Discussion Thread

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I was looking for a solid character to learn and I decided to learn Kobu Justu Tanya because she looked fun to play and well she bae#2 (sorry Mileena will always be bae#1), but before I start playing I have several questions.
I
- What is the general strategy playing as her?
-What are some good bnb starters? Also what are her safe combo strings?
-Just how deep is her pressure game?
-Does she have any other tools that are useful I should be aware of? I'm lacking in knowledge with her so I don't
know.
-How is most of her MU? Does she have any bad MU and if so what is she lacking?

For whoever help out thx.
1. She is a pressure character so you want to get in and stay in.

2. Her best string is b1 2+4. Its safe, builds the most meter, does the most chip, and is cancelable. F2, 112, and b2 are all also good as well.

3. After the patch not it isnt too crazy. Rekka pressure is described above and @AK L0rdoftheFLY did a good thread on it as well. Other than rekka pressure you will mainly use tele cancels to bait a reaction. You also can use throws a lot to mix things up. You can use EX tonfa midscreen but if they know the MU they will backdash it properly.

4. EX rekka is still one of the best MB moves in the game. Its a good wakeup/armored reversal. Its a good anti-air, and it also is good to blow people up when you are - in rekka pressure.

5. We wont be able to tell where her MUs stand after the most recent patch, but her few bad MUs before all got nerfed so its looking good.

infamy23

FireBeard
However the first patch they did they made it where if you delay the rekkas they become safer so if you delay completely it looks more like this:
First hit -7
2nd hit -3/4
3rd hit 0

It also depends on how much you delay it.
No matter how long I delay it, the 2nd hit of regular rekkas is punishable by Jax's 10 frame dash punch.

The patch notes stated:

"2nd and 3rd hits of Tonfa Swipe will have less block recovery frames the longer you delay the previous attack."

Which doesn't even make sense to me, because you can't delay the 1st attack, so how can the 2nd attack be affected by delaying the 1st attack?

The 2nd hit of EX rekkas is naturally -4 on block, but I've never been able to make the 2nd hit of regular rekkas safe against fast reversals.

Am I missing something?

Zoidberg747

No matter how long I delay it, the 2nd hit of regular rekkas is punishable by Jax's 10 frame dash punch.

The patch notes stated:

"2nd and 3rd hits of Tonfa Swipe will have less block recovery frames the longer you delay the previous attack."

Which doesn't even make sense to me, because you can't delay the 1st attack, so how can the 2nd attack be affected by delaying the 1st attack?

The 2nd hit of EX rekkas is naturally -4 on block, but I've never been able to make the 2nd hit of regular rekkas safe against fast reversals.

Am I missing something?
Theoretically a max delayed 2nd hit should not be punished by the dash punch. Ill test just to make sure.

BigFool

Noob
I don't think you can show it being done just by yourself, since when you record the motion with Tanya you're hitting the dummy, which has different hitstop compared to blocking, so the timing of the rekkas is skewed to the point it looks like it would be punishable.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Just a question guys: while KL is doing the oki pressure with orbital hat around him, It seems i cant get through anymore like I use to with single armor in rekkas. So now what is the proper WA that will give me some room here ? ex spining drill or he is free to do whatever the fuck he wants ?

Zoidberg747

Just a question guys: while KL is doing the oki pressure with orbital hat around him, It seems i cant get through anymore like I use to with single armor in rekkas. So now what is the proper WA that will give me some room here ? ex spining drill or he is free to do whatever the fuck he wants ?
If EX Spinning Drill doesnt work then just delayed wakeup. His pressure isnt nearly as scary to her after the patch because you can armor through most of it.

Saltea Moonspell

If EX Spinning Drill doesnt work then just delayed wakeup. His pressure isnt nearly as scary to her after the patch because you can armor through most of it.
Damn, I've tried many many times to go through. It seems like impossible to do after the patch. Lost to Tempest in offline matches like 30-3 lol. It seems like I need to go to lab and work this out somehow cause he's been giving me hell!.

XxDark_

Noob
Damn, I've tried many many times to go through. It seems like impossible to do after the patch. Lost to Tempest in offline matches like 30-3 lol. It seems like I need to go to lab and work this out somehow cause he's been giving me hell!.
is it just the orbiting hat pressure that is giving you trouble with lao?

Saltea Moonspell

Well, there are other things but I do see the way out of most of them. It is frustrating that even though I was able to foresee it i was not able to punish it.

Lanqu

Noob
Relax everybody. If I told you that KL is counterpick for Tanya. Its like mk9 thing - Freddy was top3 but awfully counterpicked by KL or Smoke (that wasnt even top5). Its a shame for NRS that there are so many KLs rigth now and they do nothing (

Saltea Moonspell

I dont mind countertick, I dont mind playing against higher Tier. The thing I despite is the Wakeup system. The invincibility frames were taken away. Multiarmor as well. Now that would Okey if there were no multihit oki setups were these wakeup attacks would be useless. I get through one hit but I still get hit by the rest of the string. There is no threat, KL can apply pressure as much as he wants. Unless I am missing something here....

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure

Sup. I have made a move to tanya and this is a vid of me using her in ranked. Can i get some tips ? :D thanks
Looked like you just pressed the same button all the time, I mean I know thats what Tanya does but theres not much to critique. Nice use of armour I guess. Low drill is her riskiest wake up since people block low against Tanya, and F2 is a great advancing for covering ground. Using it to AA makes sense I guess but doesnt really get you in if it whiffs, especially not a good use of bar.

Number one tip however: dont fucking fatality online. its just a way to waste time, look like a dick, be a dick, and ensure you wont get rematches. We've all seen them a million times.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I always fatality the first game lmfao.
Haha. You people are scum. I rarely play online. But I always leave immediately if my opponent fatalities first game. I can only assume they play on doing it every game, and that shit is beyond annoying.

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
Haha. You people are scum. I rarely play online. But I always leave immediately if my opponent fatalities first game. I can only assume they play on doing it every game, and that shit is beyond annoying.
I only ever do it the first game, always to get my opponent that angry.