What's new

General/Other - Kobu Jutsu Tanya Kobu Jutsu Discussion Thread

ArsonX

Noob
I need some help with the teleport cancel advanced players use. How do i do it without accidentally teleporting? What do i input after i input teleport and when?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
IMO tanya doesnt need to poke that much. I experimented a little and noticed that she is way better escaping with teleport and and doing b12+4.Poking isnt really that useful for tanya
Using teleport to escape is not an option against good players. ANything will hit her out of it. Her best escape options are EX rekka, backdash, and d1.

She has plenty of other uses for her pokes too:
D1 AAs crossups and other jumps, can be used to frame trap opponents
D4 and D3 low profile moves

Saying her pokes aren't useful is not correct at all.

Anyone know how to get outta the corner against Jason predator or erron black pressure
Wakeup EX rekka. If you do the 2nd hit you are always safe. If they try to njp just EX drill kick and they now are in the corner themselves.

I need some help with the teleport cancel advanced players use. How do i do it without accidentally teleporting? What do i input after i input teleport and when?
After the move input the teleport than press down down as fast as you can.

Omg I'm learning her and now this patch wtf. ^ same concern b1, 2+4 tele cancel on block is basically not a good pressure tool now ?? W/e though I'm gonna learn and apply her pressure the same way. Lemme know ur thoughts Tanya fans....

XxDark_

Noob
Omg I'm learning her and now this patch wtf. ^ same concern b1, 2+4 tele cancel on block is basically not a good pressure tool now ?? W/e though I'm gonna learn and apply her pressure the same way. Lemme know ur thoughts Tanya fans....
it wont mess with her pressure to much. just try not to be so obvious doing the cancels. like b1 2+4..is usually were a lot of ppl like to tele cancel. also with b1 tele cancel and 112 tele cancel. TRY s3 tele cancel, 34 tele cancel, b31 tele cancel...continue the pressure if they respect it. sometimes they may even be late on attempting to get out of the pressure or poke back so if they start pressing buttons b1 will take care of that. or you can just ex tonfa strike after the tele cancel

it wont mess with her pressure to much. just try not to be so obvious doing the cancels. like b1 2+4..is usually were a lot of ppl like to tele cancel. also with b1 tele cancel and 112 tele cancel. TRY s3 tele cancel, 34 tele cancel, b31 tele cancel...continue the pressure if they respect it. sometimes they may even be late on attempting to get out of the pressure or poke back so if they start pressing buttons b1 will take care of that. or you can just ex tonfa strike after the tele cancel
Respek. Most intelligent reply I'm gonna try all of that. Agreed shes solid and versatile with mobility and decent zoning

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
If anyone pokes on reaction to a tele cancel expect to get hit unless you armor after. She's still good but nowhere as good as before. I don't think you should bother with her standing reset. Hopefully she still has cancels that are +1 at least so you could condition them to block after her cancels by using d1. In addition she's now more meter reliant if you want to pressure. Also b2xxrekka should be used more often due to its start up and armor breaking properties. These are my first thoughts.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Tele cancel was very unique and very fun to use in her pressure. I hope that the frame advantage was down but not complicity taken away. If FBC were left off (unless I am wrong) then i dont see why all the benefits from tele cancel should be taken away.

Dean

On The Grind
She is 100% times better than, Kano.

I'm looking for a new main, I may have found it. She is so fun.

Redux

Ex Phase
Just getting into tanya and have questions about her rekka pressure.

So as far as I understand from the frame data her rekka swipes on block should be fairly punishable, yet I've watched some matches like mit @ evo or reo @ esl season final and they hardly if ever get punished. Is the key to good rekka pressure to vary the timing of the hits and keep your opponents guessing?

Also just want to add that I know how overwhelming Tanya can be, I just found it interesting that even at the highest level people struggle facing her. I want to understand her pressure better.

Thanks.

Dean

On The Grind

So as far as I understand from the frame data her rekka swipes on block should be fairly punishable, yet I've watched some matches like mit @ evo or reo @ esl season final and they hardly if ever get punished. Is the key to good rekka pressure to vary the timing of the hits and keep your opponents guessing?

Also just want to add that I know how overwhelming Tanya can be, I just found it interesting that even at the highest level people struggle facing her. I want to understand her pressure better.

Thanks.
There are different variables to her pressure. Which require different means of countering.

You can delay the rekka pressure or you can speed through it, you can ex rekka first hit which completely changes her frames for the pressure.

All of these things create different properties for the pressure, which makes it hard for an opponent to really diagnosis and act accordingly to her pressure.

Once you understand it though, its really not that hard. Then the mind games begin for both players.

Kaneki

UPR Kaneki
I was looking for a solid character to learn and I decided to learn Kobu Justu Tanya because she looked fun to play and well she bae#2 (sorry Mileena will always be bae#1), but before I start playing I have several questions.
I
- What is the general strategy playing as her?
-What are some good bnb starters? Also what are her safe combo strings?
-Just how deep is her pressure game?
-Does she have any other tools that are useful I should be aware of? I'm lacking in knowledge with her so I don't
know.
-How is most of her MU? Does she have any bad MU and if so what is she lacking?

For whoever help out thx.

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
If anyone pokes on reaction to a tele cancel expect to get hit unless you armor after. She's still good but nowhere as good as before. I don't think you should bother with her standing reset. Hopefully she still has cancels that are +1 at least so you could condition them to block after her cancels by using d1. In addition she's now more meter reliant if you want to pressure. Also b2xxrekka should be used more often due to its start up and armor breaking properties. These are my first thoughts.
Only tele cancel that is unsafe is b1 2+4. The rest are safe but ends your pressure. They are more of a baiting tool now. They do not frametrap anymore(except f2 if you are frame perfect).

Thanks.
The frame data looks something like this:

First hit is always -7
2nd hit if no delay is -11
3rd hit if no delay is -23

However the first patch they did they made it where if you delay the rekkas they become safer so if you delay completely it looks more like this:
First hit -7
2nd hit -3/4
3rd hit 0

It also depends on how much you delay it.