What's new

SwiftZiLLa's: When Worlds Collide Results/Impressions

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Our first tournament of 2014 @ Blu Planet Comics was an incredible success! We had 24 players total with a lot of new faces which was great to see but lets get down to business.

Recap:
  • Casuals started at 4pm
  • Mk9 18 Man Royal Rumble started at 6pm. 2/3 winner stays on with the next opponent drawn from a hat. HYPE!
  • KI3 started at around 7:30. 3/5 Round Robin; 10 players split into 2 brackets.
  • IGAU started at 8pm. 3/5 Round Robin: 22 entrants splits into two 6 man and two 5 man brackets.
  • With 1 mk9 setup, 3 KI setups and 4 Injustice setups we wrapped this all up around 12:30 am.
Injustice Top 8
1st- KN @Frantastic23 (Superman)
2nd- @Grr (Bane)
3rd- RM@7L (Green Arrow)
4th- G4S KT Smith (Green Lantern)
5th- @ISF_AWG_Indecisive (Shazam) // @G4S Claude VonStroke (Killer Frost)
7th- @Ray Riazy (Raven) // G4S RapZiLLa54 (Batman)

This GF was filled with hype matches and even showcased Grr (we will upload soon) losing his cool and getting angry as Fran reset the bracket and broke the curse with an overwhelming Superman 6-1 victory!! I apologize for the lack of commentary on Grand Finals, we ended casuals and got everyone watching while I was taking video that we'll get uploaded asap.
----

Killer Instinct
1st- Ergz Desdinova (Saberwulf)
2nd- G4S KT Smith (Jago)
3rd- Phycotica (Sadira)
4th- @Scoot Magee (Jago)

Desdinova and Phycotica we're just a few of the new faces we had and they came with purpose! While we only had 10 entrants for KI that didn't stop us from showcasing what this game has to offer. Desdinova was extremely impressive with Saberwulf (he bodied me HARD lol) and proved too much for @G4S KT Smith taking Grand Finals convincingly 3-0.
----

MK9 Royal Rumble
18 participants
1st Drawn: Atlas
Last Drawn: Durtman
Winner: @SwiftTomHanks (Sektor)

While STH may have won the Rumble theres no mistaking who the most dominant MK9 player was this night. This player was literally 2-0 people for an entire hour and thats @G4S Claude VonStroke. He was Caging people left and right even @Mikemetroid in a Cage mirror but it was @BlackBryan who put an end to the mayhem.

----

It was a great night and there are a lot of people to thank for making this happen. Huge shoutouts to:
  • @SwiftTomHanks for helping run the brackets, keeping everything organized and providing the stream layout. The SwiftZiLLa didn't disappoint!
  • @7L for driving the PA crew down
  • @Shock for bringing NJ while also providing 2 full setups! PIZZA!
  • @Mikemetroid for providing the stream setup, a 360 and keeping the archive dream alive!
  • @Scoot Magee, @G4S KT Smith and @Vito DeVito for bringing their xbones and 360s!
  • @9.95 for bringing MKT and the 1st place trophies in what can only be described as a Hazmat suit while battling the flu!
  • All the new players who came out, adding new people to the scene is extremely rewarding and really gave our first tournament a pop!
  • Last but not least, Blu Planet Comics. Without them none of this would be possible.
For the full archive check out www.twitch.tv/mikemetroid

We're also creating a ranking system specifically for our monthly tournaments. Click here for more details!!!

Next Monthly Tournament date will be announced this Friday!

Last edited:

REO

Undead
Congrats to the placers! Really wish I could have been there but aside from being forced to work over time, I came down with the Flu. :/

Venue looks sick! I can't wait to check it out next Friday. :)

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yes I did. 3-1 Grr. It was streamed on twitch.tv/mikemetroid
That's great. Now I get to theorize and see the match up since I don't really have that experience.

In theory I think it kould possibly be his worst MU.

Reactions: 7L

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I'm in an awkward phase where I'm trying to graduate from being an East Coast Gate Keeper to actually winning a tournament. So, instead of being happy I got 2nd and 4th like I would have been 6 months ago, I'm fucking salty I didn't win either game.

Time to lab against Bane and Sabrewulf, those characters are cheap as hell

EDIT: Claude now Cage of the world?

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Also after my match with Mike Metroid in the RR, I thought I might win the whole thing but god damn I didn't realize I would have to win for another 2 hours! Tried my best, shout out to Black Bryan who really leveled up his liu Kang since we last played imo. Need more practice against Kang! Bryan lets play soon.