What's new

Video/Tutorial Superman Safe TOUCH OF DEATH 50/50 reset. (HUGE UPDATE!)

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
We are now nearing the "end" of Injustice's tournament life and I've been holding on to this tech for a while in hopes of finally attending a tournament. Sadly, due to school, money, etc. that dream is dead. So as my final gift to my fellow Kryptonians, I give you the power you all have been seeking.

The Reset

The Reset in a Nutshell

At the cost of two bars, Superman has the power finish off his opponent with NO RISK at all now. Since this reset allows you TO CHOOSE THE SIDE and to HIT CONFIRM, you can get max corner damage while keeping them corner, cancel into breath pressure, or throw them back into the corner if the reset is miraculously blocked.

Explanation of Video
  • The side the J3 lands on is dependent on how high your opponent is when they are frozen. Using the trait while your opponent is frozen is like whiffing a normal to reset the combo so your opponent remains frozen as the J3 connects. Since your opponent remains frozen, they can't dash, MB/B3, jump, or Super out of it as well.
Crossup
  • Ex: At 0:05 of the video, notice how I immediately freeze my opponent after the low scoop. What this does is allow Superman to recover faster after a MB Breath and for some reason, allows the J3 to hit crossup.
Non-Crossup
  • Ex: At 0:13 of the video, notice how I delayed the freeze so my opponent was lower to the ground. What this does is give more recovery after a MB Breath allowing the opponent to unfreeze just as the j3 connects, and keeping it on the same side. Please note however, that proper altitudes of freezing the opponent will keep them frozen and will still hit the same side.
Both options keep the opponent cornered
  • Ex: At 0:23 of the video, I freeze my opponent immediately after the low scoop and go for the J3. The J3 hits crossup but keeps my opponent cornered allowing for max damage. 1,1 is used to hit confirm for an extra 2% but you can use a D1, S3 for an easier hit confirm. However, you will lose 2% of damage.
Works on small hitbox characters (Batgirl, Catwoman, Frost, etc.)

• Ex: At 1:03 of the video, I show that the reset does in fact work on small hitbox characters as the J3 hits crossups and my opponent blocks.
  • Ex: At 1:23 of the video, Batgirl is frozen much closer to the ground so the J3 hits on the same side. Notice how the ice shattered as well? That is because I hit the "sweet spot" of high and low allowing perfect recovery to go for the J3.
Weird properties on large hitbox characters (Doomsday, Bane, etc.)

• The reset does indeed work on large characters but has a weird property. When going for the crossup variation of the J3, it usually tends to knock your opponent out of the corner as well. However, the same-side variation will keep them cornered.
  • Another weird property on big characters is when the same-side variation is blocked, Superman lands behind the opponent losing corner placement as shown at 2:22 of the video.
Works on all corner combo starters
  • Although I didn't really show it, this reset can be performed off all of Superman's combo starters, including: F2D1, F2D13, 2,2,3, J3, Dive bomb, 1,1,1, etc.
Proof J3 hits crossup and you can't escape
  • I do hate having to explain things twice but I know there is going to be someone to trash talk so here you go. At 3:24 notice how the right inputs are mashing forward to dash, well it also blocked the reset's crossup variation as you will see that I blocked it by pressing forward instead of back.
  • Also at 3:44 Superman goes for the same side variation and I am mashing forward to forward dash. In the process, I get hit cause I am holding forward thinking it as a crossup, but get hit cause its the same side.
  • Afterwards, you'll see that I can't back-dash, nor Super my way out of it as I get hit for trying.
In the past, Superman players had a reset that was considered a "gimmick" cause it was unsafe, techable, but now those days are over. With this reset, Superman players don't have to worry about being punished, or messing up instant air Divebombs. Also don't forget, Superman's J3 is plus based on how low it hits to the ground and does less scaling than Divebombs. There are no wakeups or tech rools to worry about either.

Oh Yeah.. @EGP Wonder_Chef This is for you. ;)

@STORMS ( Not MK related but plz front page? :3 )

@KDZ
@daddydab32ho (Sensei)
@Bugman
@Everlast
@LEGEND
@GGA Saucy Jack
@xQUANTUMx
@The BOSS
@Compbros
@Rayner
@TONY-T
@EnergyKD
@MF SLAYER
@usbigboy

@FOREVER KING (Cause I can).
@Eldriken (Thank you for being my "test subject")
@Youphemism (Cause I love you too).
@RM Indecisive A promise is a promise. ;)

Last edited:

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Not really a guess if the stance gives it away, but cool nonetheless because it's safe.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I tried to do the first reset at EVO. Didn't expect him to block, let alone push block. That completely threw me off. 1 hour 11 minute mark.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Yeah I think most characters that have a freeze-like move can do this. Most of time the mixup comes from hitting them while they're frozen & hitting them while they're just getting out of the frozen-state.

EnergyKD

AKA KHAOTIC Zeus
Nice its pretty hard to tell what side the j3 is gonna hit after the freeze, stay free in the corner kiddies. Now whens MKX

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
No love for me. :(. i see how it is. Also great stuff man. your tech is always cool to watch.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
yeah that's my question, is the crossup dependant on the stance change? @DarksydeDash
No it is not, the crossup is dependent on the J3 delay as shown with the reset using the trait. You can delay the j3 to cross up or dont to keep it same side. The stance switxh helps wirh the timing cause you want them to unfreeze as the J3 hits them.

Last edited: