What's new

Superman 98% Combo?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Dat stage interaction damage. My guess is that they'll normalize the combo damage from stage interactions in the next patch.

Raegn21

Noob
bane has a 102% with stage interaction. guess thats his payoff for not being able to really put out damage without his Venom (or at least from what ive seen. just watched a combo video for him that gave a few 30% combos but they costed 2-3 bars (even in the corner but without any venom)

Turns out this is not at ALL impractical! Though I cannot replicate this and get 98% for some reason. Maybe I'm missing something.

But yeah, this is NOT... I repeat... NOT spacing dependant, period. If you are in range and they are in range, the spacing is done for you.

The game will ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS put not only YOU but your opponent in the exact positions for this to work. They always bounce into the same crystal pillar no matter if they're close to you or far away or even jumping when it hits, and you always move to the same spot when you swing the ship. And even if it hits in the air, the damage and gravity scaling is still the same.

Not ONLY that, but you can cancel your trait INTO the ship grab and SUPER ARMOR it with R1+R2.

I just pulled off a 79% online with this.

SatsuiYesHadou
CCVengeance
Compbros
Tim Static
Joshkazkab
Death

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Turns out this is not at ALL impractical! Though I cannot replicate this and get 98% for some reason. Maybe I'm missing something.

But yeah, this is NOT... I repeat... NOT spacing dependant, period. If you are in range and they are in range, the spacing is done for you.

The game will ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS put not only YOU but your opponent in the exact positions for this to work. They always bounce into the same crystal pillar no matter if they're close to you or far away or even jumping when it hits, and you always move to the same spot when you swing the ship. And even if it hits in the air, the damage and gravity scaling is still the same.

Not ONLY that, but you can cancel your trait INTO the ship grab and SUPER ARMOR it with R1+R2.

I just pulled off a 79% online with this.

SatsuiYesHadou
CCVengeance
Compbros
Tim Static
Joshkazkab
Death
RIP Interactables:(

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Backdash? Ship grab is unblockable, has HUGE reach and is super armorable with INT+MB buttons.

Your only option is never to get near this corner, ever.

This probably won't ban interactables, but it will probably ban this stage.

Back dash is invincible, time it right and it goes through a ton of stuff. I know for a fact it goes through interactibles, I don't know if it'll work on the ship but there isn't an interactible I haven't been able to backdash through by timing it right.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Back dash is invincible, time it right and it goes through a ton of stuff. I know for a fact it goes through interactibles, I don't know if it'll work on the ship but there isn't an interactible I haven't been able to backdash through by timing it right.
Just backdash,bro.

Backdash has invincible FRAMES, it's not completely invincible. I don't think it would be that easy to react to anyway. Like I said, you don't have to be as close in the video. This combo is not spacing dependant. Even if you are outside jump distance where Doomsday is, this still hits you right into that middle crystal pillar to the left of him.

Honestly, you cannot let Supes get in this corner.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Backdash has invincible FRAMES, it's not completely invincible. I don't think it would be that easy to react to anyway. Like I said, you don't have to be as close in the video. This combo is not spacing dependant. Even if you are outside jump distance where Doomsday is, this still hits you right into that middle crystal pillar to the left of him.

Honestly, you cannot let Supes get in this corner.

The ship has a lot of startup, I'm gonna test this.

Edit: Yeah, I literally just backdashed through it while being right next to the AI when they did it.

Edit 2: Seriously, record the AI doing interactibles and just get the back dash timing down because it blows them up.

The ship has a lot of startup, I'm gonna test this.

Edit: Yeah, I literally just backdashed through it while being right next to the AI when they did it.

Edit 2: Seriously, record the AI doing interactibles and just get the back dash timing down because it blows them up.
It really doesn't matter. Against a smart player, they're not just going to throw it out. They'll INT+MB it on reaction to specials or jumps.

Also, if nobody touched the crystal in the middle of the stage when this happens, that's pretty much guaranteed too.

Honestly, I wouldn't care if this didn't get banned. You fuck with Supes in his own house, expect to get your ass kicked.

the 98% combo is mine and i did it pre patch. It now only does 86%, they reduced supermans damage post patch..
Yeah, figured that out. With only burning meter on the breath it's 79%. That's still better than any corner combo Supes has currently. 75% if you wanna hit confirm the trait after the ship hits.

You never mentioned how consistent and easy this was. There's tons and tons of setups to get this going. I like to combo them toward the corner and dash behind them after a low scoop and then MB the ship.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Yeah, figured that out. With only burning meter on the breath it's 79%. That's still better than any corner combo Supes has currently. 75% if you wanna hit confirm the trait after the ship hits.

You never mentioned how consistent and easy this was. There's tons and tons of setups to get this going. I like to combo them toward the corner and dash behind them after a low scoop and then MB the ship.
i actually did the combo last night on a mate. i think its very possible in a match. honestly not to hard.