What's new

Tech - Sun God Sun god VS Quan chi 100% chip damage setup / OUTDATE, 2 B REVISED.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Here's a setup you can use against Quan chi.

After you end a combo with L3 Sun choke in the corner, you can time a meaty 114 that hits him out of wakeup, tags him on short and long downtime and even when he's crouch blocking. QC's fastest normal is his 8F S2 so he cannot interrupt B122 EX sunstone with normals or armour and he cannot backdash the sunstone without being punished on his recovery.

This means you can do combos like F2 F2 F2 F2 B14 L3 Sun choke ( 42% ) and then do a guaranteed blockstring just like in this thread.

Each bar invested does 24% of damage, more than what War god would've done because in the corner macuahuitl hits once for 2.75% while sunstone hits for 3%. You shouldn't spend meter in corner combos since you get a guaranteed 24% per bar you possess.

Best part about it? For every bar you choose to spend, there are 8 points in which you can do a sun choke, 8 points of mixup in which he decides whether to unblock or not. Statistically speaking, there's a very low chance he guesses when exactly you're going to go for it when you have 8/16/24 different windows of opportunity.

First 2 videos showcase how QC cannot escape 114 via wakeup, short lay or long lay down, whether blocking high or crouching, he will be forced to block.

Last video shows you a basic meterless combo into L3 sun choke after which you can do the setup.

I was so fucking happy when I saw all levels of sun choke had +10 hit advantage, he can safejump you after every single one and now this.

The ONLY option Summoner and Sorceror QC has is pushblock and that still leaves you in an absolutely horrible situation. IF the QC player does not build 2 bars by the time your combo is finished or from being hit by 1-2 hits on purpose and you have 2-3 bars, he's dead, 100% no options.

I haven't explored his knockdown advantage other than L3 sun choke but I'm pretty sure every single variation can do this, it's just way easier for Sun god to do so because the timing isn't difficult by any stretch, he builds meter like candy, doesn't have anything to spend it on except combos and already does the best meterless damage in the game. No reason whatsoever to spend any bar in the corner since you get 42% anyway.

@Hidan
@KeyserSoze
@UltraDavid
@Crayraven
@Mr Aqua
@D. R.
@Pnut
@STB Hellbringer
@REYTHEGREAT
@GrandMasterson

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Maaaaaaaannnnn.....
I'd also like to add this is full health quan chi

I 100% guarantee you no quan chi will ever get cornered with 100% health, so you can be sure that the bars required realistically are only 1-2 for Sunrax.

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
This is great, why so specific? other characters can escape it easier from teleports? how does it work on scorp for example? interesting find either way

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This is great, why so specific? other characters can escape it easier from teleports? how does it work on scorp for example? interesting find either way
Quan chi is the right mix of non existent wakeups, too slow to poke out of 114 into B1 and no low profile move to duck ex sunstone.

Scorpion can poke and the only way you get to safejump him is if you cross him up, putting yourself in the corner.

Here's a setup you can use against Quan chi.

After you end a combo with L3 Sun choke in the corner, you can time a meaty 114 that hits him out of wakeup, tags him on short and long downtime and even when he's crouch blocking. QC's fastest normal is his 8F S2 so he cannot interrupt B122 EX sunstone with normals or armour and he cannot backdash the sunstone without being punished on his recovery.

This means you can do combos like F2 F2 F2 F2 B14 L3 Sun choke ( 42% ) and then do a guaranteed blockstring just like in this thread.

Each bar invested does 24% of damage, more than what War god would've done because in the corner macuahuitl hits once for 2.75% while sunstone hits for 3%. You shouldn't spend meter in corner combos since you get a guaranteed 24% per bar you possess.

Best part about it? For every bar you choose to spend, there are 8 points in which you can do a sun choke, 8 points of mixup in which he decides whether to unblock or not. Statistically speaking, there's a very low chance he guesses when exactly you're going to go for it when you have 8/16/24 different windows of opportunity.

First 2 videos showcase how QC cannot escape 114 via wakeup, short lay or long lay down, whether blocking high or crouching, he will be forced to block.

Last video shows you a basic meterless combo into L3 sun choke after which you can do the setup.

I was so fucking happy when I saw all levels of sun choke had +10 hit advantage, he can safejump you after every single one and now this.

The ONLY option Summoner and Sorceror QC has is pushblock and that still leaves you in an absolutely horrible situation. IF the QC player does not build 2 bars by the time your combo is finished or from being hit by 1-2 hits on purpose and you have 2-3 bars, he's dead, 100% no options.

I haven't explored his knockdown advantage other than L3 sun choke but I'm pretty sure every single variation can do this, it's just way easier for Sun god to do so because the timing isn't difficult by any stretch, he builds meter like candy, doesn't have anything to spend it on except combos and already does the best meterless damage in the game. No reason whatsoever to spend any bar in the corner since you get 42% anyway.

@Hidan
@KeyserSoze
@UltraDavid
@Crayraven
@Mr Aqua
@D. R.
@Pnut
@STB Hellbringer
@REYTHEGREAT
@GrandMasterson
Have you tried interrupting with Quan Chi's Instant NJP instead of s2, it has a 5 frame + 1 frame to get airborne start up:/

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I'd also like to add this is full health quan chi

I 100% guarantee you no quan chi will ever get cornered with 100% health, so you can be sure that the bars required realistically are only 1-2 for Sunrax.
Nerf Kotal.

:-( :-( :-(

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Have you tried interrupting with Quan Chi's Instant NJP instead of s2, it has a 5 frame + 1 frame to get airborne start up:/
There are pre-jump frames. You would need to add pre-jump frames + jump frames + NJP frames. I'm certain he gets tagged.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You mean the frames the character is getting ready to get airborne ?!
Yes, there are a few frames before a character can leave the ground called pre-jump frames. These frames are the reason you don't see characters with godlike air normals at 5-10 frames anti airing jump ins on reaction since they're apparently so fast.

Quan chi is the right mix of non existent wakeups, too slow to poke out of 114 into B1 and no low profile move to duck ex sunstone.

Scorpion can poke and the only way you get to safejump him is if you cross him up, putting yourself in the corner.
Doesn't his d3 low profile him enough?!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Doesn't his d3 low profile him enough?!
Nope, far too slow. Even if it did, F1B2 crushes low profile moves so it wouldn't even matter.

As it stands right now, 3 ways exist for Quan to escape.

Breaker, pushblock, eating the 4 of 114 into air takedown to escape the corner.

The problem with the last option is you can OS ex air throw on hit, air throw on block.

Nope, far too slow. Even if it did, F1B2 crushes low profile moves so it wouldn't even matter.

As it stands right now, 3 ways exist for Quan to escape.

Breaker, pushblock, eating the 4 of 114 into air takedown to escape the corner.

The problem with the last option is you can OS ex air throw on hit, air throw on block.
So it has to be faster than 9 frames? Where does the f1b2 string come in? Just didn't see you mention it in the OP .
If you are correct than only Warlock is an option in that MU )

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Poor quan...
Does this work on takeda? Alot of stuff that wrecks quan usually does.
Could you check for me and tell absolutely nobody else but me so this never happens against me? Lol

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So it has to be faster than 9 frames? Where does the f1b2 string come in? Just didn't see you mention it in the OP .
If you are correct than only Warlock is an option in that MU )
F1B2 was mentioned in my previous thread but I didn't in this one because it didn't matter since QC is horribly slow.

There are certain characters that could supposedly low profile B1 after 114. You can instead use F1B2 and option select it into ex air throw on hit, ex sunstone on block, F1 cannot be low profiled.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Poor quan...
Does this work on takeda? Alot of stuff that wrecks quan usually does.
Could you check for me and tell absolutely nobody else but me so this never happens against me? Lol
If Takeda has no armoured move while standing then this also affects him.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
@Qwark28 :O the quan community may be cool, but be careful not to make anything like this for let's say... takeda. because then Kotal's B1 will get nerfed
I've found some horrible shit for Kotal, did you know that in order to beat low profile moves like mileena roll and subzero slide after 114 air throw you must just-frame F1 while all the opponent has to do is mash out a reversal?

skater11

The saltiest
It seems like a lot of the character that get a free mixup on Quan when knocked down would have something like this. No?