What's new

Match Footage - Summoner (Summoner) Quan Chi New Gameplay Footage from Dr Jackal @ Team Finish Him

What do you think of the Summoner style?

• It's my variation!

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Not sure

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FightNow

Waiting 4 Quan Chi
Thanks to @Dr Jackal from Kommunity Finish Him, we have some new Quan Chi footage! This quick match is between Dr Jackal himself against Owalida. In addion to this, Dr Jackal has also written a lengthy write-up regarding his experience with the Summoner variation of Quan Chi. You can read the full write-up and watch the match just below!

"Hello everyone!
It is with a head full of memories that I written to you, we were yesterday to PGW and we could test Mortal Kombat X VIP before the official entries. We played the game for about 4 hours, each of us has more or less measured one character to be able to give you a return on it. The game is graphically gorgeous and very promising! It is really expected the Mortal Kombat! I confess that I was quite amazed by the quality, this is downright GORGEOUS, animations are top, the effects also, internships beautiful, much more visually beautiful in a trailer. The game is fluid, faster than Mortal Kombat 9 undoubtedly a little destabilized certain mechanical as the run but I guess it is only a matter of time! Let's go to Quan Chi damn interested me ! I only tested it for 4 hours and I'm starting to do something. I tested three variations focusing heavily on Summoner release. Quan Chi is clearly a custom designed for technicians and strategists . I suggest you first discover his move list: Blows: The kombos (strings): Special: General Impressions: Quan Chi has a lot of tools to make the opponent mad in terms of mix up, it is clearly oriented Zoning, you can return at the end of combo the opponent into the course with a particular string to zone again. Note that in the zoning MKX will be less powerful than IGAU, especially with the bar or run some slides (sub zero) used to break the distance very quickly. Between the skull and runes Quan Chi really has what it takes to hold off an opponent and eat it to life. Quan Chi is slow but safe on its strings which is a good thing. Go on an analysis of his shots and strings: The low: D1: poke fairly conventional, it can not be linké with a trance (I have tried a projo ) D2: Uppercut that can serve as anti air, not necessarily optimal mega because it does not comboter at first sight. D3: I find it interesting, faster than the D1 is the one I used the most. D4: Not terrible. I found it a little slow and not safe. In Anti Air I use: B1. really not bad for an interesting range, we can live with the trance track which is great to take advantage B2 I've managed to make some anti air with B2, I'm not sure that's viable. Note that B2 is overhead and allows to properly break the distance, I always tried to make a trance after B2, in hindsight I think a rune or projo will be safe. The strings that j ' I mainly used for 4 hours : F1,4,2 (pure evil): String overhead, interesting to mix the bedrooms, 4 is cancelable by spec. B1,2: perfect, I use it mostly after a launcher for linking with trance, I find the super class move . You can see it all in the video that I'll post tonight. B1,3,2: my main string at the moment, it has the advantage of being completely safe on block so it can be abused and constantly vary with overhead. It has a very small ranks which is not always easy to place. Nevertheless very good launcher. F2,1,2,2 Another launcher which is mid, Quan is safe on block, can be followed with a 2 + trance, I also managed to stall the B1 + trance. String that can be cancel by F2,1,2 + spec. I also used it after a string trance corner to add an uppercut. 36% oh yeah, obviously this% is not significant on a build. B1,4,2 the slow starter, I mostly used to finish a combo for now, it will probably be effective in a corner, he the advantage of sending the opponent far enough to trigger the zoning then. I have not tested the rest or only briefly. The Special: Skull: db2 It is sending the skull, the damage is MK9 similar to and can be used this time in the air. This is really useful for zoning. It is totally safe on block, I abuse it more Saturday. The MB version improves the damages. Sky Drop: db4 Well I do not hide it, it's not great at all: S Not safe at all, it has the same desire to wake up on MK9, the opponent can prevent wake up making pokes that break the armor on the second hit. This is identical to the teleport it in MK9 but this time the move ends with a knock down. Quan Chi can not choose where it landed, it will target the opponent and land on him. Although punishable if we suddenly magnifying glass. I have the reflex to use it wake up because of MK9, I think we should forget the MB release will give an armor frames on startup and ensure him the most important damages. It can be performed in the air and air time. It allows you to punish projectiles reaction which is a big advantage. I hope it will be reviewed. Rune: db1 There is heavy, they are certainly not as powerful as in MK9 (farewell rune trap) but much faster. This is both an excellent tool for zoning but also to mix the bedroom and you will understand why! The Hitbox is very interesting. As in MK9 you can choose where you will land rune. The first hit is high but if I MB Hit the second is low, as saying that Quan Chi is going to have to mix up sick ... At first glance it is safe on block, I used to wake up to me out of corner game of sub zero (which is the way is worse than MK9). It can also include it in block strings to create surprise and so an opening. If the key hit in MB that propels the person in the air, you can follow with B1 or 2+ trance trance or just trance. Both hits are knock down. You can MB runes and use of your personal run to get to the bedroom, very practical, however I often Loupais on the run. Trance: bf3 This is the famous trance allowing Quan Chi to control his opponent as a zombie. Beautiful to look at, it's the same as MK9. The MB version more drains meter ... I think it just turns the opponent into a zombie longer mode. This is completely unsafe on block and midscreen, so use with caution. XRay, very fast form of projectile can be dodged by low, it covers the entire distance of the screen. Variations: Clearly each variations change the People, NRS did not lie about the fact that a change could change a match up, I am now convinced. I tested three variations but with a strong emphasis on the summoner who at the moment is my favorite. I think the test more variation sorcerer this weekend. Quickly the sorcerer release: D, D, 1: Move spells, this buff its projos (skull and rune), the life of the opponent is drained if it is touched, I have not been able to see for how long. D, D, 2: A circle that target the opponent, I have not yet figured out what for. D, D, 3: This is Armor spell, this is what we see in the trailer, it allows Quan Chi to have armor that regenerates after receiving a hit the armor will regenerate for about 3 seconds, then your armor is re activated. Quan Chi will create a green aura around him that will guarantee him a hit in armor. Super effective corner at first sight ... Each spell can be cast after a trance. I have not tested enough to talk Warlock. Some strings are completely put it. So let's move to my favorite variation, the variation Summoner! The change allows Summoner Quan Chi to summon a vampire NetherRealm very useful demon to mix and destabilize an opponent, he can invoke this demon after launched a trance which then allows him to send the opponent to continue to press. Once mastered though this demon will really be your best friend ... It can be send in 5 different ways. Demon Spawn: DB, 3 it is the invocation of the devil, you can fight and move with the devil on your side I think it is destabilizing for the opponent. Then it is up to you what you want him to do, you have 5 options: Demon Grab: D, F3 , Quan Chi sends the devil catch the opponent, this time is high and it is unblockable, the opponent is obliged to stoop to note that it is not safe if you are bedrooms, I advocate the use of zoning. If the opponent is on the ground after being eaten you can download and try a starter, the opponent clearly has not time to wake up (hard knockdown?) Demon Strike: L2 I do not remember. Demon Spark: F + L2 I think it is the fireball. Demon Rising: B + L2, the demon is sent upwards, it can punish jumps, it will be up to you to know minder what your opponent. Demon Swoop: D + L2, the demon is sent low on the opponent, if you are a good distance you can grab the opponent with a trance and start your mix up. At the moment j 'I used the daemon as follows: Once one of my starters worked after I started the demon trance or end of a string, then I would send the opponent when it fell while the attacker, it allowed me to mix in interesting ways after 4 hours of play. Bonus: Win pose: Quan Chi focuses and relies skeletons through its Armur. Badass Intros: a horse on the decaying and one with the head of Moloch Fatality: this demo to d3 to trigger fatality My conclusions on Quan Chi: This is a very interesting personal and not necessarily easy to handle. It's pretty slow but has a lot of weapons to zone his opponent effectively. The Personal I like a lot and I am confident that with hard work it can become a serious opponent like monster. In 4 hours of play, I think Quan Chi is definitely much more interesting than in MK9! I can not wait to spend all my time on it and develop strategies for vicious trap my opponents. Finally, a quick video against Owalida, other videos will follow." ~ Source: Finish-Him.com

To see images of Quan Chi's move lists, go here!

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

REYTHEGREAT

I am not going to main Quac Chi but this was some pretty good gameplay. Nice combos and also i saw a nice setup he did with that bird thing.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Out of all the character reveals so far, quan is by far the coolest. If kensh, ermac and shinnok weren't playable then he would be my main

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Hot damn, some footage where the players block, don't jump every five seconds, and do actual strings and combos?

What fuckery is this?

Quan's looking good but no WOOLAY! no play.