What's new

Guide - Unbreakable Sub-Zero UNBREAKABLE Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Havent given these guides a FULL proof read so there will be some errors until I can edit it tomorrow.

This is a free sample of a HUGE project that REO and I are working on. We are releasing a living guide in about a week. Not only will it be updates but it is also interactive. You can submit questions via the app and we will answer them. It goes up on amazon in a little over a week.

Don't forget to follow us on twitch at www.twitch.tv/MKTomBrady_vs_MKREO

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
Thanx tom, awesome and informative as always!

Anoyne here thinks that unbreakable has so much potential ? man aside from aura that negates chip damage, the parry also absorbs projectiles!

hi zoners ..

Dedamn666

Big Poppa Pump
Thankyou Tom!! This is just what I needed. Learned everything i ever thought I knew about Sub from you. Been maining unbreakable.

Im having a difficult time finding the usefulness of this variation. Can't grandmaster just defend better? Clone > parry? I donno how often id wanna spend a bar to make the aura worth it either.
Really, I feel like quite a few other characters are cut and dry regarding what variation to use when. But sub, I donno. Even with cryomancer.

Keep up the great work Tom. I was discouraged to use Sub-Zero in MK9, but with his new variations and the strategies that you provide for him in MKX, you have motivated me to get back in the lab with him.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Im having a difficult time finding the usefulness of this variation. Can't grandmaster just defend better? Clone > parry? I donno how often id wanna spend a bar to make the aura worth it either.
Really, I feel like quite a few other characters are cut and dry regarding what variation to use when. But sub, I donno. Even with cryomancer.
and it makes sense to you that grandmaster should defend using a fullscreen clone while his opponent is outzoning him fullscreen?

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
ice aura is the way to go against zoners, their projectiles will be doing zero chip damage to you, until you ex ice blast their projectiles, respect will be yours then.

also, clone is fine, but wont save u from the chip.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
@Tom Brady
Combo updates...

ENHANCED OPEN SPACE:
Back + 2 > (run up) Back + 1,2 ~ Enhanced Ice Blast > (don't walk forward at all) Neutral Jump 1 or 2 > Back + 1,2 ~ Slide - 32% **This one keeps them on the same side**
Back + 2 > (run up) Back + 1,2 ~ Enhanced Ice Blast > Neutral Jump 1 or 2 > (run up) 1 > Forward 4,2,1+3 - 32% **This one throws them to the other side**

Both of these are easier than the NJP to Jump 2 into run b12 slide

Last edited:

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
ice aura is the way to go against zoners, their projectiles will be doing zero chip damage to you, until you ex ice blast their projectiles, respect will be yours then.

also, clone is fine, but wont save u from the chip.
not to mention you can ice shield them at full screen very easily.

Best thing about this variation is the ability to negate wakeups.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
That parry is way better then CSZ's! Ice cream man is going full throttle!

Props to You Tom and REO!

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
@Tom Brady in the corner you can do:

B12 xx Ice ball, walk balk JI2 B2, 242, B12 xx Slide. Does 32% as your combo but it feels much easier than B2 B2 D1 B12 xx slide.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
There isn't a dedicated combo thread, so I am not certain this is new. But in terms of meterless mid screen combos, I prefer this one. It has some great wall carry. It is variation neutral:

Jump in punch, b12xxice ball, walk back, jump in punch 242, runxx123xxslide. 30% Omitting the initial JIpunch gives you 27%
Excellent wall carry. No meter used.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Combo updates:
In the corner meterless:
B2 B2 242 11 xx slide (or 112) does 34%. 112 has a better knockdown than 11 xx slide.
B2 B2 242 123 xx slide does 36%, but the knockdown doesn't last long and they get up quickly.

I guess this applies across all variations.

@Tom Brady

Last edited:

Jedah

Fallen God
Hi Tom and Hi Reo,

Thanks once again for your great contributions to the community.

Ill be playing this variation of Sub for the time being even though I find it to be one of the most advanced variations with Grandmaster due to the hard read and guesses that the parry requires ill be posting my findings here.

This variation looks to revolve around around getting ice aura up. Very similar in a way to Hakan in Street Fighter 4. At this point your risk reward ratio is higher than your opponent due to you taking alot less damage so trades are more in your favor. At high Level unsafe strings into an ice parry can real make your opponent fearful of punishing you especially the EX version of the Ice parry being faster. With Ice Aura up the Parry becomes more deadly as the risk reward is again in your favor. Very interesting to see how this variation plays out.

lmx17

Noob
Havent given these guides a FULL proof read so there will be some errors until I can edit it tomorrow.

This is a free sample of a HUGE project that REO and I are working on. We are releasing a living guide in about a week. Not only will it be updates but it is also interactive. You can submit questions via the app and we will answer them. It goes up on amazon in a little over a week.

Don't forget to follow us on twitch at www.twitch.tv/MKTomBrady_vs_MKREO
Can Sub Zero ice parry or ex ice parry work on goro tele-stomp?
I dont have the game yet that why i am asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.