What's new

General/Other - Unbreakable Sub-Zero Teaser - New Buffs and Reworked Attacks?

REO

Undead
Anyone catch this in the Kombat Cast? Seems like Unbreakable is receiving some love and it's looking promising.

EX Slide now launching for a full combo when Sub-Zero has the frozen aura on him could be game changing in some match-ups. The threat of a very fast 9 frame advancing launching low with armor will make players hesitant to zone or make mistakes in fear of eating a combo. This could open a lot of windows for strategy or conditioning opportunity. Also not to mention Sub will now be able to convert and get a full combo off almost any of his attacks and strings with this.

Do you think this is good? How do you think it will help Unbreakable? Discuss.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
now im actually scared of subs slide since it is one of the few things that can punish me in lasher....

Reactions: REO

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
I wonder what will happen if you do it in a combo where they've already been frozen once. Logically they'd just fall to the ground but 2 freezes would be sweet. I'm glad Unbreakable is getting this since GM already basically has it with EX slide into clone.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Pretty cool change, could definielty see it as a great whiff punisher, but am not sure if it will greatly help unbreakable

REO

Undead
i think this is gonna be a really nice buff for many reasons

i like how you will be able to b12 aura combo into ex slide and get to f4 ex aura or something on your oki
I agree. The oki option with F+4~aura afterwards will help since it's always plus on block and gives you a free aura charge. (which are now deadly with meter)

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Now he has a full-combo launcher with his Aura activated so you'll have to be even more careful when trying to oki him. (i don't count his DB1 because it doesn't lead to so much damage but it was already dangerous).

Also a good think about this is that he only loses his aura if this hits which means that if it gets blocked your punish will do less damage because he will still have his aura activated. The risk/reward will make it worth it I guess.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Also it could punish cross ups when you do it in time,and a great tool to get out of corner and combo the opponent in.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
This is great, I still think he needs the teleport from MKvsDC, the move from deadly alliance where he rides you like a surfboard, or just make him like mk trilogy sub

Wow I forget how fast paced old MK games were. Rock em Sock em level rushdown! No wonder they want zoning toned down in MKX lol.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I'm pretty sure he needs a safe slide that leads to full combo, air dash, a plus on block overhead, the ability to throw daggers and summon icebergs to zone, a command grab that leads to standing reset and this current unbreakable parry :DOGE :DOGE:DOGE:DOGE

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I am so excited that unbreakable is getting more attention. Now I'm hoping they actually make his parry really good. Make it build meter, make it reflect projectiles, make it have less recovery, anything plz. Hell, make MB aura heal 5% health back or something.

Carl

Noob
Fingers crossed for hat trick and Buzzsaw :REO
Yessss i've got my fingers crossed for those 2 variations. I was mad when i saw nothing in the beta but things are abit behind so its kool until the whole kp2 comes out. But at least buzzsaw can matchup with cassie now she dont get to kick out after low hat.

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
very nice, about time unbreakable got something. wonder if he'll be able to do it after freezing the opponent or if it will work like the clone and not allow 2 freezes in a combo, probably the latter but it would be even cooler if not

if there was a way to cancel the oh slap into parry in a way that would actually catch people who try to punish it id be happy

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
It is a cool concept and I'm hoping I'll eat crow but I don't think this slide is gonna do too much to help Unbreakable. I'd imagine it's gonna have the damage penalty associated with feeezing so I don't think it'll help his damage much and his Ex Ice Ball eats projectiles so I don't think the slide setup does much more than what Ex Ice Ball does in the counter zoning department.

It being a low combo extender is its greatest strength but I'm struggling to see optimized combos for it breaking much more than the damage of his current BnB. It's use on wakeup could be good as well.

I think the more important focus of the stream for Unbreakable should be on what appears (to me) to be faster recovery on his parry. Maybe I'm mistaken on that though.

Nonetheless, buffs are buffs and I'll take what I can get. Hopefully I'm underestimating the slide setup.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Anyone catch this in the Kombat Cast? Seems like Unbreakable is receiving some love and it's looking promising.

EX Slide now launching for a full combo when Sub-Zero has the frozen aura on him could be game changing in some match-ups. The threat of a very fast 9 frame advancing launching low with armor will make players hesitant to zone or make mistakes in fear of eating a combo. This could open a lot of windows for strategy or conditioning opportunity. Also not to mention Sub will now be able to convert and get a full combo off almost any of his attacks and strings with this.

Do you think this is good? How do you think it will help Unbreakable? Discuss.
Yea dude, I just made a thread about this.

This buff will help him turtle the opponent as they won't be able to mindlessly chuck projectiles and have no real risk as they build meter, now that is completely squashed with a bar of meter, but, his issue is meter building...he literally does not have the move set to do this, and he already has to juggle a lot of other things that require meter.

His parry is pointless as his frames are all too negative to employ it, as most of his major strings are -6 with a 3 frame parry (Meaning the whole cast and their 8 frame normals will always win when timed correctly), while his normally parry isn't a true wake up attack and I have already mentioned that his 3 frame parry suffers so his 6 frame parry almost never works... it also doesn't recover instantly on projectiles. I honestly don't understand why he is given a parry but no situations to use it.

This buff is good, but there will need to be TONS more before this variation can actually compete without taking a huge risk to play it...We are taking Kitana, Kenshi buffs.

Last edited: