What's new

Guide Sub-Zero official combo/Bnb/punish thread

Seapeople

This one's for you
Since it's pretty tricky to full combo punish CSZ/Liu Kangs' parries has anybody tried doing a backdash, (2)12~freeze? How well does that work?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
huh... I usually just time a jip into B12 and hit confirm it into either a jip/clone or into the stun if it hits.

never thought about whiffing the first 2 on purpose... does it work?

Durango

Enhancer
vs. blocking opponent:

Jumping punch, 2, 1 dash forward...

-Repeat
-Grab
-Combo

The combo is if the 2,1 hits, d1, EX Freeze, B2, 1, 2, 1, slide.

Onefive

Noob
After B2 do you mean 2, 1, 2? If so the last 2 will miss. So it should be B2, 2, 1, slide or B2, 2, 2, slide. These two options offer 27% without a JIP or 31% with.

Durango

Enhancer
After B2 do you mean 2, 1, 2? If so the last 2 will miss. So it should be B2, 2, 1, slide or B2, 2, 2, slide. These two options offer 27% without a JIP or 31% with.
Whoops, I meant B1, 2, 2 1 2 slide.

I have no idea how I messed that up.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
vs. blocking opponent:

Jumping punch, 2, 1 dash forward...

-Repeat
-Grab
-Combo

That's a bad idea, no offense.

If you land a blocked JIP go for a block string into clone rather than just 21. You'll get more chip and build more meter.

I'm also not sure you should waste a bar for that combo.

hey there tym, and sub community. just got finishing up with this pretty nice sub video. some minor porblems in it, but all combos intact, so i hope you enjoy and see somethin maybe new to you. includes more tech than just combos too, and cool sub music from the mk9 warriors sdtk.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I'm interested in that combo I saw that went something like...

B12 freeze NJP enhanced puddle. LOL
Seems like another variation of ... 22 freeze NJP 1 B12 21 puddle.

I'm assuming it works the same... if the opponent just gets up or stays on the ground it will hit them? Maybe even if they tech roll? They'd have to jump or wakeup attack.

And yeah, yeah I know... puddle is useless, don't use it... yada yada. But I still say it's good very rarely to get a one time ghetto reset right back into a combo. :p

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
whether it's practical or not... that shit was badass!

Do you know if it only works on certain characters? Since everyone's hitboxes are different and what not.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
UMMMM.....I actually like to do deep jump kicks midscreen sometimes (usually on crossup), and sometimes it will hit my opponent who's trying to do a wake up attack, but didn't auto correct properly. I may actually use this.

GlacialEternity

Maverick Hunter
Thanks. :D I'd say it's probably one of Sub's "Flashiest" combos.

Not sure if it's character specific or not, but I'm gonna go find out: then I'll let ya know.

GlacialEternity

Maverick Hunter
Okay, I tried it on about eight characters or so. As far as I can tell, it seems to work on everyone, however, it is a bit harder to pull off on some characters. (Mileena and Kitana for example.)

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
It was posted and probably deleted.

Its neat... but good luck pulling that off consistently... because it is rather space specific.

I just buffer the slide and take what I can.

GlacialEternity

Maverick Hunter
When you do the jump kick make sure that you get as close to them as you possibly can when you actually kick. I'd recommend using the link I posted for reference. And then, as soon as you land, dash forward and ice clone.

i can do it pretty consistently. i just try to get the kick to hit right below the knee and dash ice clone as fast as i can. assuming you can master the timing, it's pretty useful, especially with os clone.

GlacialEternity

Maverick Hunter
Oh, I found something else out about the Jump-kick combo that I posted earlier. If you're doing it as an X-ray combo you can do 214 instead of 212 for 48% damage instead of 42%. Pretty nice extra boost of damage, if you ask me. ;)