Sub-Zero - Leveling Up Against Scorpion & Mileena by Truth

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by STORMS, Feb 15, 2012.

• by STORMS, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:30 PM
  • STORMS

STORMS "I said... shake, rattle and roll!" Staff Member

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    Truth brings forward a refreshing, strategic video for Sub-Zero players that are especially having difficulty with Scorpion and Mileena players. Focusing on ways to punch their teleports, if you want this video closely... the next time you encounter these two characters, you'll be ready! Note: Be sure to thoroughly read the notes in the video about timing and execution.
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by STORMS, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Truth
    Thanks Storms for the Frontpage!
    Bidu likes this.
  2. Bidu
    So simple, yet so elegant. I'm speechless, good find, Truth.

Well deserved.
    Truth likes this.
  3. BeefSupreme
    Good stuff man. Makes perfect sense too!
    Truth likes this.
  4. BO KNOWS KILLIN
    Nice find, this is great info for Subby. I did notice a different combo in your video than the inputs you posted for ducking Mileena's sais. Did you mean 212~freeze, b12, 22~slide? Thats what the combo looked like when you did it in the footage. Great find though!!!!
  5. NariTuba
    diggin the family effort!
    Truth likes this.
  6. Enenra
    Nice, Truth! This is just what Sub Zero needs.

Classy man. Pure class.
    Truth likes this.
  7. Via_Negativa
    good stuff While I was doing the millena ones I didnt think at all to try this on Scorp
  8. Truth
    Oh yeah my bad lol Thanks for the heads-up :)
  9. Truth
    I think SZ isn't the only character that is able to punish Mileena's Ex-Tele Air Sais if the player crouches under them. Since it already whiffs, I think other characters in the game also have fast enough launchers to be able to punish the whiffed sais.
  10. zaf
    ive been doing the exact same thing with ermac for ages now.
    using d1 and tks to grab them out of the air
  11. CptXecution
    I love doing these, makes the opposing player want to rage lol. Nice vid Truth.
    Truth likes this.
  12. Truth
    That's the thing, I didn't learn about doing D4~Iceball until 2 weeks ago lol It just never crossed my mind as a SZ player. However, the other Mileena teleport punish where you wait on the whiffed sais to pass over you, then you stand up and punish is something I haven't seen anyone else do or talk about.
  13. RM GamerBlake
    Oh, this is GODLIKE.

Thanks for sharing this information! Scorpion and Mileena will fear my Sub-Zero now... ;)
  14. Sasuga
    Nice vid. Throwing out random ex-tele's with Mileena is hardly a good idea but most of the time you get away with it because people don't know how to counter. Lots of character, if not all, can counter this. Scorp can do d1~spear.
  15. Sasuga
    Shang Tsung is good at this.
  16. Fatality_check
    Never thought about the ice ball after d4, just kinda assumed it wouldn't work. Nice man, very helpful. More video's should be like that, simple and the music suited lol
  17. matterovermind
    Great video, thanks. I dropped sub a while back, but since my brother has been going hardcore mileena recently, I might pick him back up to try this stuff!
  18. LUCKY0346
    good shit, but nothing new... i used d4 into ice ball as anti air..
  19. MK9-SnOwY
    Catchy tune and nice stuff :)
  20. salvificblood
    This is actually a very powerful tool, especially in the scorpion mathcup because he will never be ble to use ex teleport to get out of the corner.
  21. Garasky
    I am a sub player .... now more knowledge to me !! YES SIRR
  22. Durpity Durp
    A good mileena will never teleport kick on
    sub zero unless he's a jumping jack flash. Zoning all day baby.
    Sasuga likes this.