What's new

Guide - Grandmaster Sub-Zero GRANDMASTER Guide

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
No matter how many times I post this, people still haven't adopted it.

This has always been a good option. As primarily an online warrior, I've adopted the option that's most familiar to my muscle memory. With the combination of the new EO and so called "changes" to SZ's female combos, I'll likely start using these.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I was gonna ask in the Sub-Zero beta thread, but I don't know what the fuck is going on in there. I think it's named after the wrong ninja...

Anyway, was something altered with the female hit-boxes or something? Is this just rumor or legitimate?

Hello guys,

is there any chart or thread about Clone cancel frame data? I could get information about the fastest/slowest normal/string cancel but I am curious about the exact data. Maybe someone calculated before (like FRBC frame data :D).

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I'm curious about this too. I know there's some data on the UB cancels... As of right now, I know "f4 ex clone, d4" jails so that's what like, +9 at least.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
I've always found frost bomb really inconsistent with cross ups , back dash always works good when I actually think to use it

zoofs

bless
I've always found frost bomb really inconsistent with cross ups , back dash always works good when I actually think to use it
its only inconsistent because you need to preemptively reverse your own inputs to make sure it'll aa as they actually connect the jump in

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
its only inconsistent because you need to preemptively reverse your own inputs to make sure it'll aa as they actually connect the jump in
Oh ok. This was my problem. I did it too early and they would just jump over it.

Lokheit

Noob
Eh... Just go ahead and slide. People love that.
I've got many matches where I've started "dancing" down the jump ins with my slide, 2 or 3 times to check if he keeps jumping, then when it's predictable they eat uppercut sword. Works more than it should, but I guess someone that knows what he's doing won't really fall for it.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
On that note though, a lot of SZ mains, including myself, are asking "Why give us a close clone toss if we can just shatter clone to cover that same range?" I think the answer is because, come March 1, shatter as we know it will go away.

I remember someone from NRS tweeting "The only Unbreakable buffs are Grandmaster nerfs." So what do we know about the new UB Sub-Zero? That his enhanced specials, applied with his variation special (aura), change for the better. What if they adjusted GM in a similar way? What if... We can now only shatter the clone by use of ex frost bomb? This would fix a couple issues opponents have with GM.

1. His mid screen neutral w/ clone would become weaker as he'd have to remove his shield before further pressuring a point blank opponent.
  2. It would also make his ridiculous corner damage less ridiculous, as now it would cost a bar.
This is just speculation. What do the rest of you think?

RM Ree

I'd say that's a high possibility. I hope that IS as Bad as it gets. I still think they're going to remove clone from Korner and make Unbreakable's Ex Slide the Korner game now. Then they would make GM one of the worst variations in the game. Making the UB Buffs GM Nerfs. That would be the worst but you never know with NRS...especially with what they did in MK9.

Last edited:

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
On that note though, a lot of SZ mains, including myself, are asking "Why give us a close clone toss if we can just shatter clone to cover that same range?" I think the answer is because, come March 1, shatter as we know it will go away.

I remember someone from NRS tweeting "The only Unbreakable buffs are Grandmaster nerfs." So what do we know about the new UB Sub-Zero? That his enhanced specials, applied with his variation special (aura), change for the better. What if they adjusted GM in a similar way? What if... We can now only shatter the clone by use of ex frost bomb? This would fix a couple issues opponents have with GM.

1. His mid screen neutral w/ clone would become weaker as he'd have to remove his shield before further pressuring a point blank opponent.
  2. It would also make his ridiculous corner damage less ridiculous, as now it would cost a bar.
This is just speculation. What do the rest of you think?
I think that's a pretty pessimistic view. I wouldn't be surprised if Shatter damage was toned down some but I don't expect Shatter to be fundamentally changed. I think that tweet was very tongue in cheek as well.

Low clone toss seems to be useful if someone reads your clone toss and tries to low profile it.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
I'm pretty sure the low clone toss was an answer from nrs about that fix the shatter thread. Now we have the option to throw clone in the shatter set up as a hit confirm to stay plus