What's new

Guide Sub-Zero Frame Data

Seapeople

This one's for you
I think that gives the advantage if the D4 is blocked. but I mean if the opponent just walks up and blocks the Ice Clone he is at some kind of disadvantage. I know that if you push the opponent into a clone while he is blocking you get a free throw attempt. Walking up and blocking Ice Clone is the main flaw in the D4 Ice Clone setup.
Oh I see. Good idea, I didn't know about the free throw after you push someone into the clone

NariTuba

disMember
Somberness Id like clarification on somthing if you dont mind.

What does it mean that 2 has 9 frames of execution; 2,2 has 10 and 2,2,2 has 14?

are you saying that if I dial 2,2 it will take one more frame for the initial 2 to become active? why?

Also 2,2 allows a hit confirm, so basically I dial 2,2 confirm and then dial another 2 on block or iceball on hit. So how can 2,2,2 have a different execution value than 2,2?

Thank you

Somberness

Lights
Ignore the first number(s). It means the second 2 of 22 will take 10 frames to hit. Use it to figure out gaps by looking at the cancel advantage of standing 2.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Then Reptile could dash everything.
No, because you have the cancel advantage from the 22 string which is +20. So now im doing a ten frame move (second hit of 2) with +20 frame advantage, therefore you cannot elbow dash out of it. Use common sense. I know nothing about frame data, i just look at what Somberness posts and i just accept what is reasonable. Elbow dashing out of 22 is not reasonable.

No, because you have the cancel advantage from the 22 string which is +20. So now im doing a ten frame move (second hit of 2) with +20 frame advantage, therefore you cannot elbow dash out of it. Use common sense. I know nothing about frame data, i just look at what Somberness posts and i just accept what is reasonable. Elbow dashing out of 22 is not reasonable.
I see. Nice post. I'll just wait for Somberness to reply as he is qualified for this kind of discussion.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I see. Nice post. I'll just wait for Somberness to reply as he is qualified for this kind of discussion.
That's exactly what Somberness will tell you. The 2nd hit of 22 has 10 frames of execution, and the cancel advantage on 2 is +20, so the 2nd hit is unavoidable.

Wow, it looks like Sub can be interrupted by a lot of stuff.
Kenshi's spirit charge looks fast enough to punish 212~clone
Kenshi's RK, Ermac's TKS and Ermac's TKP look fast enough to punish every other ice clone string.
Freddy's hellspikes looks fast enough to punish them all except 212 or d4~clone.
:(
224 clone has less push back than 212 push back. So while you can TKP a 224 clone you cannot push a 212 clone that happens to bug out and do the far push back.

That's exactly what Somberness will tell you. The 2nd hit of 22 has 10 frames of execution, and the cancel advantage on 2 is +20, so the 2nd hit is unavoidable.
On block I see 22 with +19, on hit I see +29 advantage and 59 duration. 2 is 9f and 22 is 10f.

Where does the +20 come from? What is the magic formula?

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
It's on the first page. 2= cancel advantage of +20f. 2nd hit of 22 = 10f, so it's guaranteed after 2 is blocked.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
I just want to know how long until they bust... So yes.. it is entirely possible.
Well i imagine it wouldnt be a straight up number but a mathematical relation between the height the opponent is off the ground, type of freeze, # of hits before freeze, who knows what comes into play. What im saying is that there are so many factors that can POSSIBLY affect this that you would probably have to look at the game coding rather than deciphering it from frame data. And if it is, like i suspect, a complex relation of a number of invisible in-game factors, than there would be no point on knowing the relation cause you wouldnt be able to calculate anything during the game.

All you need to know is that if you froze em so low thier ass is kissing the floor than slide rather than b12 212 slide

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
no there isn't. when they bust from being frozen has nothing to do with height. I want to know the number of frames they are frozen in the air.
technically that is "hit advantage" but I understand the disconnect you are having. I don't care about when they hit the ground... I care about when they start falling.

Somberness

Lights
no there isn't. when they bust from being frozen has nothing to do with height. I want to know the number of frames they are frozen in the air.
technically that is "hit advantage" but I understand the disconnect you are having. I don't care about when they hit the ground... I care about when they start falling.
99 for regular freeze until it breaks, 115 for the enhanced version.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!

No, when they start falling IS with retrospect to how high they are. Trust me, freeze somebody really low and they will start falling immediately. Jik 212 ice ball, they will fall in a quarter of the time you normally get. (This combo is hard to pull off, do it on Sheeva)