What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero Beta Discussion Thread

Yak

Noob
I forgot I even made that one, the other thread I did see was just people complaining about scorpion.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
It's nothing spectacular guys. Same animation, clone doesn't go as far. If you're still really interested, I'll post a yt link.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
I think shatter got nerfed. That "Oh shit i just blocked something" animation isnt there anymore. I could just be out of it but i played a few matches and it was there.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Looks exactly the same but goes midscreen instead of full, doesn't look very impressive but it changes his zoning game

KingJerm731

Psn: kingjermx
I think shatter got nerfed. That "Oh shit i just blocked something" animation isnt there anymore. I could just be out of it but i played a few matches and it was there.
It's still there as far as I saw and I've been playing all day.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
It might have something to do with the shatter hitting before ice burst, or vice versa. I think shatter is what sends them reeling.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Unbreakable has a clone toss in his move set but I haven't been able to make a clone to toss lol . Seriously tho look at unbreakables special moves

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
This is not the buff sub-zero needed, what he needs is klone not disappearing when sub-zero blocks, ex-klone toss which gives him armor when tossing klone and little bit more range on klone shatter.

and most important "Klone skin" for sub-zero.

Lokheit

Noob
Got to say, the downward clone toss affects the GM vs any other Sub-Zero matchup, given how the slide was perfect to punish it everytime a GM tried to throw a clone at my Cryo.

If GM got a new move I can only hope Cryo and UB are getting some love because if there was a variation that didn't need new or improved stuff, it was GM.

ryublaze

Noob
The best thing about the downward clone toss IMO is when you have your opponent in the corner and you read that they are going to neutral jump out of your 50/50. Now they can't duck under clone toss and you'll be at +1 if they block, unlike shatter which is negative.

RagingRicans

NetBattles
The best thing about the downward clone toss IMO is when you have your opponent in the corner and you read that they are going to neutral jump out of your 50/50. Now they can't duck under clone toss and you'll be at +1 if they block, unlike shatter which is negative.
Yeah, +1 isnt shit though with sub

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
@zoofs - so in the corner for some swag end combo in ex throw, f4~exClone f4~downward toss?

Hell I wonder if f4~exClone run f4~down toss is a true string lol.