What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero Beta Discussion Thread

boba_buster

Noob saibot
They managed to make scorpion even more of a pain in the ass with the beta changes so far. Played a long set with a good scorpion. He Literally controlled the neutral threw the whole set. Hellfire>GM
Ninjutsu>cryo
Scorps pokes are better , you can't jump at scorp or you eat full combo
Pretty much all you can do is block to punish or backdash to whiff punish , scorpion has the best neutral in the entire game hands down how is he not considered s+++ tier?
He's a walking 33/33/33 who controls the entire pace of the match
Last time I had a problem with scorp was around release but once I learned the MU I haven't had any trouble with them till now with this beta. Was I just having a bad night or did those little buffs he got make that big of a diff?!?!

boba_buster

Noob saibot
No it's not that , it's like it seems as if he's plus on block with everything , only time I seemed to be able to get a hit in is when ever I managed to block a tele or a takedown, which he didn't throw out randomly , guy was pretty damn good

ppl said he got 4 new plus strings: 11 , 114, 21 and 214 and a safe b4 aroun s -9 and i think a better b3 mayb, just keep that in mind and scorp is a fine character dont overreact

Major Moron74

I'm not paying for your beliefs
Unless the changes made to him in the beta are huge, I can guarantee that scorpion does not have the best footsies in the game. Don't get me wrong, ninjutsu has solid footsies with b2, f2, and his specific strings but overall scorpion is very punishable. The overhead has a year of startup and the teleports can be easily baited when playing impatient players. Back off or throw out ice clone and then prepare to punish the teleport. All of scorpion's specials are insanely negative on block, giving you a free combo if you're prepared. As someone who plays a lot of scorpion and sub-zero, I consider their footsies to be about the same. Sub's b2 has good range, utilize it. If you catch him pressing buttons, ex slide. You can't jump at scorpion but you can't jump at grandmaster easily either. Scorpion is pretty straight forward to punish. Especially when you have sub's slide.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
ppl said he got 4 new plus strings: 11 , 114, 21 and 214 and a safe b4 aroun s -9 and i think a better b3 mayb, just keep that in mind and scorp is a fine character dont overreact
Ok so they made all his strings plus on block .... Yea he's perfectly fine , I hope smoke has all kinda bs jus like scorp

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
@Deadlywolf has a good Scorp. I played a pretty long set with him the other day. He's already using some of the new stuff.

God forbid Scorp has pressure like most other characters in the game now. His 50/50's are already unsafe without meter, he needs the few strings he has to be good.

Jason Pls

Certified free as fuck
They managed to make scorpion even more of a pain in the ass with the beta changes so far. Played a long set with a good scorpion. He Literally controlled the neutral threw the whole set. Hellfire>GM
Ninjutsu>cryo
Scorps pokes are better , you can't jump at scorp or you eat full combo
Pretty much all you can do is block to punish or backdash to whiff punish , scorpion has the best neutral in the entire game hands down how is he not considered s+++ tier?
He's a walking 33/33/33 who controls the entire pace of the match
Last time I had a problem with scorp was around release but once I learned the MU I haven't had any trouble with them till now with this beta. Was I just having a bad night or did those little buffs he got make that big of a diff?!?!
How are you playing Subz and complaining about not being able to handle Scorpion? In Ninjutsu F2 is punishable by slide at any range on block, and according to what people have said, that hasn't been adjusted. Block, slide, pressure, ???, profit. Many of his specials and command normals are also quite negative, and should be easily punished. Just block and bait, it's not like he does crazy chip, and you'll get an opening at some point or another.