Sub-Zero - Applying Pressure w/ Close Corner Ice Clone

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by STORMS, Feb 14, 2012.

• by STORMS, Feb 14, 2012 at 5:37 PM
  • STORMS

STORMS "I said... shake, rattle and roll!" Staff Member Administrator

PSN:
    STORMS_TYM
    No one likes to be the "other guy" when facing a Sub-Zero and being in the corner and now your situation has become worse or if you're the Sub-Zero player, Smile! Whether it's known to you reading this or not, there's a way to have a very close Ice Clone come out in the corner to apply for pressure. As VSM J360 demonstrates in this video... it is a very consistent strategy.
    Moonspell, Panque, bloodsport and 2 others like this.
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by STORMS, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Salad Petresky
    Been using this already. Its pretty good
    J360 likes this.
  2. bloodsport
    holy shit, that looks awesome.
    J360 likes this.
  3. SwiftTomHanks
    Nice stuff. A tad off the ground would probably be best right?
    J360 likes this.
  4. Creepy00
    wow, this is really useful.
    I would havent figured that out. Also, 1,3 makes a perfect poking to add pressure behind the iceclone, as it will push you back and in range to follow up with 212 iceclone, and then start your pressure game again.
    J360 likes this.
  5. CYracks
    J360 is always showing interesting tech great stuff!
    J360 likes this.
  6. G4S J360
    Yup it adds better coverage, low enough to no be able to attack under it, and high enough to not be able to anti air with normals if i decide to jump in.

Yea i figured it wasnt new, just havent seen it posted up. i saw Denzell Terry doing this in the SCR finals and was curious about it ever since.
    STRYKIE likes this.
  7. STRYKIE
    Good shit J, this is how Sub's clones need to be played, as a mindgame/trap, not as a scrubby shield and falling back on trades..
  8. LesMore
    in before someone claims they have been doing this since july...

good shit man!
  9. LesMore
    guess i should have hit view all posts!!!
  10. WinterWolf94
    y not go for the damage instead?
  11. Fatality_check
    Especially good for armored wakeup's or just good wakeups. Stuff can still go through the clone but I guess that's where you'd be ready :)
  12. Fatality_check
    I guess you would for most chars but ones with good wakeups, it's good for.
  13. PND_Mustard
    i honestly feel that we're at a point in this game where the most important thing about the combos is how you end them to maintain some kind of momentum, think about it.

Sektor UM
    Cyrax bomb/double net
    Sonya MS
    Cage nut punch
    Sub clone
    Cyber sub bomb
    Ermac f4
    Scorpion teleport

and so on.. good stuff here, people tend to forget how scary sub is when he has you cornered, if he plays his cars right you just aint moving.
    CYracks likes this.
  14. SwiftTomHanks
    Kabal knee
    Skarlet 12-dagger

Imo, if your a character who can end a combo and still have the opponent on defense; you're a good character automatically.
  15. PND_Mustard
    baraka f4, jades wierd d4 into overhead staff thing, noobs portals sometimes even, lol now i think about it alot of characters have this stuff
  16. SwiftTomHanks
    Well shit, if Jade can do it then my statement is false.
    Zer0Hundr3d likes this.
  17. GoodLifeGodLike
    Very nice stuff. Seems like you got something to contribute every week or 2 J360.
  18. G4S J360
    Thank you all. Honestly I didn't even expect this to make front page. I wanted to do a more thorough test on some characters expanding hit boxes when teleporting to see just how good it is. From what I saw denzell terry do, Jack ex wake up can't even hit you when you do this setup. And that move is rediculously fast. What I Like most about the setup is being able to plant an instant air clone right in front of your opponent

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk
  19. Deity
    Jade would have to sacrifice basically all the damage she gets for her reset. Also, she really doesn't get any advantage at all if the opponent blocks the D4 or whatever she uses to reset you. If she had an actual mixup and not just a gimmick then her reset would be decent, but its Jade lol.
    SwiftTomHanks likes this.
  20. Killphil
    Looks like the newest thing to do is find these "tight corner techs" with everyone. We've found Ermac and Subzero's...time to lab with the rest of the cast people.
  21. ZtrideRz
    SureVery clever, nice tip I didn't know, this can also set you up for a ice puddle b2 cancel/or not, and good for f4 pressure. Very nice indeed.

Be sure to test kung Lao for anything new, I would love some new techs for him keep up the good work :)
  22. MK9-SnOwY
    Looks very useful!
  23. Bidu
    It's a good find. Some Sub-Zero player has been using it, forgot his name. I don't like it much since I generally prefer to do some real damage when possible and keep the pressure with the good ol' 212~clone. Almost everyone has armor to leave the corner anyways.

But that's me. It's a good way to keep your opponent trapped in there if he doesn't have armor.

This actually could be good if mixed with a b2 charge cancel... it's like your opponent WILL react.
  24. ZtrideRz
    " This actually could be good if mixed with a b2 charge cancel... it's like your opponent WILL react."

Couldn't agree more force them to move and play your game. Devastating tactic if used correctly very good find.