What's new

General/Other Striking when the iron is hot!!?

Dark_Rob

Noob
I will trade you your unsafe armor move for my "safe" wake up (it's punishable by a 7 frame move, an anti-air d1 will do).

Flame thrower is slowly losing fire since it's better to do a anti-air standing 1. So you can have that for free.

And I would give you my mid poke for only one of my first two hits whiffing on my main string.

Deal, Mr. Robbert?
Haha deal. Now about those missles, can I interest you in a long icy sword?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I will trade you your unsafe armor move for my "safe" wake up (it's punishable by a 7 frame move, an anti-air d1 will do).

Flame thrower is slowly losing fire since it's better to do a anti-air standing 1. So you can have that for free.

And I would give you my mid poke for only one of my first two hits whiffing on my main string.

Deal, Mr. Robbert?
dude your character would be SO broken if his standing jab hit mid. Fuk that right in the sphincter.
How about we trade you for your dash... i'd love to have that.

He's only a rushdown character when the opponent doesn't know the matchup. When people don't expect B121 into D4, 21, 212 clone/freeze, throw, F4 freeze ... his rushdown is great. When they expect it: 21 will only work on regular hitbox characters, F4 is slow enough to see it coming and block high or jump out/punish, throw can be ducked or jumped out, and his damage is pretty bad b/c you end up only getting the B121 before they get out... then Sub has the huge task of getting back in which usually involves eating damage to trade freeze with a projectile.
you forgot that sz's rapers also fills meter 2x faster than him, so his ridiculous combos will be stoped twice as much as the damagine ones from the opponents.

Sub-Zero has a lot of tools...but if your a slow fat ass with the strength of a little girl your not using your tools for shit. that roof will never get fixed.Why fight with a character your almost always going to be at a disadvantage with? don't get me wrong sub is my favorite character,but i'm dropping him at the moment, unless i see him as viable as most of the other characters.What do you guys think would be an easy transitional character?

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
It happens I main Sub, but this is not really only about him. Truth is he was much better before this patch and NRS screwed him over. Kano same thing, even kung Lao got screwed before we really could learn to deal with him. And look at him now he still rapes Sub and the other slow turning characters. Point being that if NRS is going to patch that broken smoke shit not only sub-zero should get balanced but all characters with known flaws and weaknesses that in big part NRS was responsible for. They could rebalance the game. I didn't really ask for buffs for Sub. I suggested they fix some inconsistencies about him that was all. I don't know about other characters problems and what not and I have no problem if they get fixed. If subs 2 would not whiff on the low hitbox characters we would still have tough match ups the only difference we would be able to cope with that by being truly able to pressure them and have a fighting chance. The more balanced this game and characters get the more respected and fun it will get. Also this thread was never meant to ask for buffs for my character. The true purpose was to stir something in the MK community and see something get done by NRS for the whole game, for every character that needs fixing and the game's mechanics (the dash nerf, was that really necessary?). If NRS is going to do something about the smoke shit then they might as well do something for the rest of the cast where it's really needed. This can only truly and efficiently be done with input of the MK community and not by my opinion, some NRS executive, or the Sub-zero forum alone. Everybody should shout out for this in every thread for every character so that NRS could see what the MK community wants and needs to improve this game. Maybe we might just get a better game as a result.

Dark_Rob

Noob
@Dark Rob my question to you... in the long run... would simply having a better dash make him just a tad bit better against his zoned out matches... Kitana, Kabal etc etc.
Well it would help him universally just by virtue of the fact that Sub needs to move inside to be able to do anything. Its not likely he will ever get his old dash back since NRS took the dash cancels out of the game purposly because they didn't want the game to be a dash fest. Thing is, I don't think they put much thought into it beyond that. The dash nerf affected some characters positively like Kabal, who is mobil enough regardless. Or Kitana who is very happy to keep her opponents away from her. And it affected other characters negatively like Subzero and Johnny cage for obvious reasons. The universal dash nerf was rather simplistically thought to be "universal" in that all characters would suffer the same nerf. Of course it isn't that simple and characters who need to move foward constantly suffered far more than characters who back up and throw shit at you.
Sub has bigger problems to worry about in the here and now though. People are catching on to the holes in his offense. Tom Brady making that vid exposing 2,1's and 2,2's deficiancies means people will soon realize that Subs offense has always been smoke and mirrors.

I stopped playing this game competitively after Seasons Beatings. And though I did fairly well at that tournament, I knew then Subzero was in trouble. If I were ever going to start competing seriously again at tournaments, it would not be with SubZero.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Striking when the iron is hot? Isn't that the last thing Sub-Zero would want to do?(Sorry, but that was bothering me for a while seeing the thread title)
DAMMIT, I was gonna say that. Lol.

If it weren't for the dash ner, Sub would be a loooooot more viable.
But he still is very much a force in the right settings. Still gonna be my go to guy against Cage and a couple of others.
Although he is pretty susceptible to Sektor's rocket...Idk.
Tank into Humvee was a pretty good description.
He's still a fortress, it's just his troops, so to speak, aren't nearly as quick on the battlefield anymore.

22 I believe? The one with the ice sword animation. That sword is SO high and will hit people as they cross over you.
thats my point, anyone's standing punch is a anti crossup coz the jip only comes out after at least half of the jump. That guy knows nothing about sz.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
thats my point, anyone's standing punch is a anti crossup coz the jip only comes out after at least half of the jump. That guy knows nothing about sz.
22 is amazing since you don't have to time when they have crossed you up for a standing 1. 22 is far less risky since it catches the opponent at the height of their jump instead of after they have crossed over. Most of the time people use d1 for anti-cross up purposes if they do not have a special string like Sub Zero's 22.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
22 is amazing since you don't have to time when they have crossed you up for a standing 1. 22 is far less risky since it catches the opponent at the height of their jump instead of after they have crossed over. Most of the time people use d1 for anti-cross up purposes if they do not have a special string like Sub Zero's 22.
I love the reaction it gets out of people when you scout the crossover and 22, freeze into full combo, lol. Sub is dirty. Just two buffs/fixes would make Sub-Zero really good again: 2 hitting all neutral crouching and crouch blocking characters and slide going under all duckable projectiles.