What's new

STREAM LAG TEST: Leo Bodnar Lag tester results (with HDMI splitter plugged in!)

Sabin

Elder God
So for a while, top players have been complaining about lag on setups at tournaments.
I'm here to disprove these findings with actual evidence of results and my methodology used.
I'm posting here because top players from Inj community complained about my setup lagging at DTN and I wasn't feeling it, lol

Top players are not going to like the results lol especially if they were complaining about lag.

From Displaylag:
"The tester presents 3 flashing bars on the top, middle, and bottom of the screen. Displays marked with “AVG” are calculated using the average of all 3 bars. Displays marked with “BTM” are calculated using the bottom flashing bar (typically the area with the most lag)."

There is a small fluctuation in the sensor of -1/+1ms if you set it wrong but my findings were the same as displaylags. Huge thanks to Adeel for helping me confirm my findings.

First 3 pictures are direct - no splitter is involved.
Top bar: 2.4
Middle: 10.1
Bottom: 17.4

Next 3 are with the Monoprice HDMI splitter plugged in. This is the same splitter as Spooky's. You can also tell on the left side of the photos HDFury3 is plugged in and turned on. This is to let you know my splitter is powered and being used for these tests.

Top Bar: 2.4 ms (same result with/without splitter)
Middle: 10.3ms (negligible result of 0.2ms of extra lag, was 10.1 w/out splitter)
Bottom: 17.3 ms (get bodied, i got a lower result than having splitter disconnected. negligible difference of -0.1ms less lag so i guess it balances out.

Conclusion: Can't speak for any other people's stream setups but when you play on my setups or Spookys...its guaranteed to NOT LAG lol. If anything, console overheating can be a possibility. But not the equipment or splitter.

Any questions?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I didn't feel any problems with the setup at DTN from what I remember. The only players who were complaining were using Cronus converters iirc

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
@Sabin

This is so awesome. One issue though. At UFGT last year, almost every setup for injustice and MK was lagging TERRIBLY. It wasn't a problem with overheating. It wasn't a problem with the equipment. The problem lied in the power of the building. We were overdrawing what the building could handle for power which caused every setup to lag terribly.

I can see the power issue going completely under the radar, because when you test at home... you're not overdrawing your power source. I'm sure you plan on taking this with you to tournaments though so you can test this. Thanks for being awesome.

Inb4 complainers start saying the lag tester is laggy.

Last edited: