What's new

Stealth Changes With 8/31 Patch (and 9-1 HOTFIX)

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
  • D'vorah's Swarm Queen: F11 RC is basically gone...
  • Looking like Raiden's LRC in thunder god has been tampered with.
  • Johnny A-list RC pressure is not as positive on block, and may be removed(not sure if its a different timing)
  • Jaqcui QBRC???????
Can Anyone Confirm this?

Paulo's Response:

this is being caused by hotfix data on the live servers which are intentionally causing you to have to release block before dashing out. relax it will be fixed
9/1 Post patch hotfix
by
NRS-Lanny yesterday - last edited yesterday

Dash Cancels from charge moves will come out if the block button is being held still or pressed too early

Cassie – slightly increased damage scaling on Getaway Flip & Power Flip **this change is not active yet

Kano (CutThroat) – Slightly decreased the dam buff on Charge Up and it no longer nullifies the health drain

Kitana – Increased damage scaling on Fan Toss and Air Fan Toss

Kitana (Royal Storm) – slightly increased damage scaling on Fan-Nado

Quan Chi – Down+Fp is now -9 on block and 3 on hit (from -7 and 6)

Quan Chi (Sorcerer) - Final Hex now increases block damage by 1.5x (down from 3x) **this is a temporary change until the rune stacking bug is patched

Tanya (Pyromancer) - Dark Shroud & Devil's Dust now added 2 damage (down from 10) **this is a temporary change until the throw gain the dust damage is patched

Jason - Away+FK & Tight Squeeze can no longer be low-profiled

Scorpion - Towards+BP can no longer be low-profiled **this change is not active yet

Tremor (Crystaline) - Rock Blast is now +5 on block (down from +10)

Tremor – Movelist data is corrected **this change is not active yet

did anyone else have there RC's tampered with?

What does TYM think about these changes?

Are they good/manageable or are they damaging the characters?

@buyacushun
@StealthyMuffin
@I GOT HANDS
@Bird Lao X
@WidowPuppy
@HoneyBee
@SonicFox5000
@GAV
@Immortal
@KIllaByte
@Tom Brady
@Tag everyone i forgot
@I Am The LK

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Alright so let's try to compile all the stealth changes, whether good or bad or just bat shit crazy (hi Tanya). List them and I'll try to keep updating the OP.

General:

- All fireball run cancels seem to have gotten screwed.

Erron Black:

- Gunslinger: SOS3 (Low Shot) is now -6

Shinnok:

- Bone Shaper's scoop does less damage now?
- Easier brutalities requirements

Tanya:

- Throw after dark shroud in Pyro does 32% now?! Lmao

EDIT: This post looks weird now after it was merged with another thread.

Last edited:

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
The timing for hw jaxs rc has changed significantly. Hit confirming with rocket cancel is insanely more difficult now. I've only been able to string together 123 rocket cancel into 12 with very very strict timing.. I still have had no luck with his other strings into rc or f3 rc.. I've only tried for about half an hour but I used to be able to do all of these relatively easily.. :( I really hope this is a mistake

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
tremor

BAD STEALTH CHANGE:

21d4u4/B1D4U4~db2d no longer combo because of the speed increase of stone punch.
i used that alot so that pretty crud

GOOD STEALTH CHANGES:

f121, b1d4u4, 21d4u4 ~stone punch now has no gaps
same with cancel into shatter in aftershock/metallic but not crystalline (thought start up speed would take away crystalline gaps but sadly it didnt)

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
JC A-List can still cancel his 113 into F2 and it combos, and still has all of his other combo links, it seems like it may be a VERY VERY tight link now though. He definitely isn't as plus as he used to be though.